Labor party and gay marriage

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Asguard, Jul 29, 2009.

1. swarm Registered Senior Member

They have as much right to the land as you do.

Since I at least have a modicum of influence over them, I rather see government monopolies than private ones. Also "government" isn't just one big monolithic entity. There are many governments competing with each other for people and corporations.

You do. You choose with you feet Mr. born in Syria and chose to come here. The country is a package deal. You pay for what you like and what you don't like. If you don't like something enough you lobby people to change it.

You mean like they currently give me no choice and force me to use their products?

You consented by stepping off the boat just like you consent by installing the software.

Sure they do. You can make as many private roads as you care to. People build them all the time and then they put a gat up to keep you out because they are private roads and you aren't welcome to use them.

It is my business when free loaders like you try to get over on the system.

Well maybe if you are a redneck living out in the sticks some where.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

No. See the "homestead principle"

That is authoritarian; furthermore, again, what part of "it's not their land" don't you get?

So much for being for freedom, huh, swarm?
    Then that is wrong too......and guess what? They can do that because of government protectionism and distortion.

No, but let's use a different example; how about a person born here?

That isn't consent. It's nonsense, and being bound to land in such a manner, that the 'government' does not rightfully own, is slavery.

Ok, you're being an idiot. No offense.

If I made my own private roads, private everything, and didn't use a single government service......I'm still forced to pay. Furthermore, I pay for things I don't use, like public schools, public libraries, public health, etc

It's not being a 'cheapskate', it's extortion. I'm not using them, why pay for them? And for things I do use, the government assumes my consent, and I never have any real choice.

Free loader?

I want to pay. I will pay. I want to have a CHOICE, though. I want to pay for WHAT I USE and WHAT I CHOOSE TO USE.

Nah, basically everywhere except maybe L.A or something.

The US is extremely conservative, but we ought to be glad; I know I sure don't want the US to be like Europe. I like it the way it is.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. swarm Registered Senior Member

Homestead laws are passed and enforced by the government. You can't claim you have more right to the land than the authority giving you the right to the land.

Its as much their land as it is any one's land.

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose.

No they do it because they want insane profits for shoddy products. Government regulation is the only thing which reigns them in.

What about it? You can accept it as it is, convince people to change it, or leave.

You and the government are not seperate entities.

No, you are being an idiot if you think private ownership of infrastructure is a good idea. No offense. Any complaint you might have against the government controlling it is in spades for private corperations.

Yep, its called being a part of a society. Feel free to find an island some where and do everything your self if you care to.

Its being a cheapskate. And a whiny one at that. You are benefiting from the entire society, not just the parts you happen to like.

Free loader.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.