Labor party and gay marriage

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Asguard, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

No. It is the choice of the church.

However there are secular marriages.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Cellar_Door Whose Worth's unknown Registered Senior Member

Why do gay people need to get married?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Why dont people do what they want and if somebody gets hurt then just beat them up for hurting somebody?. It solves everything including gay marraige, if you want to be gay and get married go and be gay and if somebody wants to risk getting beat up to beat you up then they can go for it and see what destiny decides. you could televise the beat downs etc and also make profit from that.

peace.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Cellar_Door Whose Worth's unknown Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. NiccolòBrioschi Registered Member

Incomprehensible.

9. Cellar_Door Whose Worth's unknown Registered Senior Member

I'm glad you agree

10. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

11. NiccolòBrioschi Registered Member

They can do what they want... Just out of my field of vision and not in my family. For the rest I don't care.

12. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

If it's not dangerous or can't harm anything why interfere with life. its a waste of my time.

peace.

13. NiccolòBrioschi Registered Member

True.

14. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Maybe if we all stop getting in each others business so much we can function better with more freedom, which will most likely make people get along better and want to be a honest community.

Face it if you just give all the young thugs in inner cities a legal way to make money and have all the things they want they wont kill you all and each other and rob you.

peace.

15. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

exactly my point, what DOES give you the right to judge who other people chose to marry?

Again, we surposedly live in a liberal democracy. There for the defult should be for freedom unless harm can be proven. There for once again its not on me to prove why it should be alowed but rather on you to prove why it shouldnt be. The fact that your friends dont want to get married or accept your opinion is not proof, it could be as simple as they enjoy your friendship and are unwilling to risk it. However i suggest you PM string and show HIM why you think your relationship is more valuable than his. Or tiassa who has had both sorts of partners and try to describe to him why him having a female partner vs a male one suddenly increases the worth of the relationship. In economic and sociological terms i can tell you right now its doesnt change the benifits at all. There is no evidence to show that the protective effects of marriage for health (especially male health) disapear if the partner is the same gender. Nor does the economic benifits of reducing expenditure on housing (private or goverment). Further more the enviromental effects of pair (and more) bondings are plain as well (lower perperson energy requirements for groups, less land needed per person ect)

Where is the harm which outweighes (by a significant margin) these benifits which should promt LIBERAL goverments to put disinsentives in the way of these bondings?

16. mike47 Banned Banned

We can all guess that he needs a husband very soon....:runaway:.

17. swarm Registered Senior Member

Ok, your a bigot.

and an idiot. Homosexual marriage has no more effect of heterosexual marriage than homosexual sex has on heterosexual sex.

Homosexuals make perfetly fine parents and their children are no more likely to be homosexuals than you are. Well maybe you aren't a good choice, let's just say "on average."

Equal rights for all members of society? Fewer people growing up orphans?

Like they do in the bible? Oh my god!

Actually thanks to the religious, that is already legal. Can't have people living in sin you know. You can get married as early as 12 in the US, younger with a judge's approval.

There you go! Isn't that easy? If a dunder head like you can get married, nice gay men can get married and you should MIND YOUR OWN FUCKING BUSINESS!!!

18. swarm Registered Senior Member

Because they love each other and want to get married.

Same as any other couple.

19. mike47 Banned Banned

Be patient...and use common sense. Gays can not make gays pregnant .
    The penis loves the vaginia and the vagina loves the penis . I do not think the vagina loves the vaginia.....oops.....:crazy::crazy:

20. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

mike47, im having a hard time working out if your being serious (though i doubt you are). However i will use your first statment either way:

"Gays can not make gays pregnant "
    rember women who have had hysterectomies are still alowed to get married. If the purpose of marriage is procreation only maybe a goverment commity should be put on this with a view to making sure that only proven fertile couples are alowed to marry. Anyone over say 25 (maybe 30) should be prevented as they are past there useby date (definitly women, men could be given more latitude if it can be proven there sperm are still viable) and anyone who has had cancer, pollycystic ovarian syndrome or other conditions which cause infertility not to mention the old snip snip or had their tubes tied or a hysterectomy should DEFINITLY be prevented. Just think of all the money which could be saved. Oh wait, that would actually INCREASE goverment expenditure because they would have to surport single people, they couldnt relie on the partner to care for them during illness which would mean further stresses on health care, energy useage would go up, housing prices would increase as all these singles were forced to find acomidation by themselves, goverment surport would have to increase because rents ect are comparibly higher for singles compared to couples ect ect

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  21. swarm Registered Senior Member

Marriage is determined by the state. It can be performed by any state approved church official or by a judge, JP or registrar.

There are a number of churches which will marry homosexuals, UUs, CoG, Episcopalians, many Buddhists, some Jewish sects, various "other / independent."

You aren't really their friends if you don't support their equality under the law.

22. mike47 Banned Banned

@Asguard : enjoy your debate.....I enjoy being silly....sometimes .

23. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

oh i forgot to mention, anyone who didnt fall pregant with in the first 2 years or who used contraception or had an abortion should of course be charged with fraud and jailed.

mike47 so do i

and it left me an opitunity to make a point