Knowing

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by madanthonywayne, Jun 25, 2009.

1. alpinedigital Registered Senior Member

What makes you think they even have a new 'home' world? The movie doesn't have time right at the end to show a more involving 'here's what happens for the rest of these kids' lives' story... but if you just got transported off one planet, are you going to just get dumped off somewhere or are you gonna tell'em you want to look at the neighborhood and choose your own new home world? (One with watersides, 2 or more suns, rings for sure, a couple of moons at least... you know? Or maybe you want to stay on a space station or even live aboard a starship traveling the stars and gettin' into shit. You ever heard of Naomi Wildman??

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I'd have to wonder is it my life that has been saved or am I now just a 'specimen' in their lab, just a host for the DNA they might one day use to try to repopulate a species or develop a society... Either way, if I was one of those kids, I'd have a real 'KMA with THIS BS!' attitude if they think they can just dump me on some other planet like that by myself with no vehicles, no libraries, no laboratories... how are they supposed to learn and evolve?

(I was actually kidding that it was a rest stop and that was a figure of speech, and wasn't meant to be taken literally.)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

who says that they transported only kids ??? don't forget that the place was intended for the grandmother of the girl. so why wouldn't there be other adults they find 'fitting'.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

yeah, when she was a girl, not as a woman. :bugeye:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.