Kirk Cameron shows us the light

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Cortex_Colossus, Jun 8, 2007.

1. sandy Banned Banned

It's in the Bible. God said it first. Take it up with Him.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

I'm sorry, but your god has never answered my questions, that's why I'm asking you.

Is it that you actually don't know the answer?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sandy Banned Banned

"The Bible clearly speaks of God the Father, God the Son (Jesus Christ), and God the Holy Spirit...and also clearly presents that there is only one God. Thus the term: "Tri" meaning three, and "Unity" meaning one, Tri+Unity = Trinity. It is a way of acknowledging what the Bible reveals to us about God, that God is yet three "Persons" who have the same essence of deity.

Some have tried to give human illustrations for the Trinity, such as H2O being water, ice and steam (all different forms, but all are H2O). Another illustration is an egg having a shell, egg yolk and egg white, but this egg illustration shows that there would be "parts" to God, which isn't the case.

God the Son (Jesus) is fully, completely God. God the Father is fully, completely God. And God the Holy Spirit is fully, completely God. Yet there is only one God. In our world, with our limited human experience, it's tough to understand the Trinity. But from the beginning we see God this way in Scripture. Notice the plural pronouns "us" and "our" in Genesis 1:26 -- Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Though not a complete list, here is some other Scripture that shows God is one, in Trinity:

http://www.everystudent.com/forum/trinity.html

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Thanks for the link. So, you didn't know the answer?

Actually, I found nothing from those scriptures that would lead one to believe in a Trinity, especially one so apparently well-defined.

If your god is one, why don't you just treat him such?

8. sandy Banned Banned

I'm too tired to think. The link said it better than I could. It would have taken me 5 minutes to compose that. I need a nap.

9. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

The link didn't explain it at all. I hope you can do so after your nap.

10. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Interesting.

Do you consider god to be omniscient?

11. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

You beat me to it. Sandy's blatant ego/ethno/religious-centricity is what wholly devalues every post she makes.

Sad really.

12. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Correct me if I am wrong Sandy, but the concept of the Trinity was not introduced until the Council of Nicea in 325 AD., or thereabouts. Sort of an artificial construct, wouldn't you say?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2007
  13. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Can anyone out there please explain what a "tad" is? Is it larger than a "hair?" Is it smaller than a "smidgen?" Is it closer to a "bit?" Is "tad" a discriptive word used to describe things called a "dumaflogie" and a "doo-hickey?"

14. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: The trinity was never spoken of in the NT. The early church fathers (i.e. Romans) made it up closer to 400 AD to help them with the control of their "masses."

15. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Yes, but since you clearly don't read posts I doubt you'll see the explanation. For everyone else, it seems self evident that 'tad' is short for tadpole. Consult some biology texts to learn the ratio of tadpole-frog body mass and you'll have an idea of how large, or small, that is.

16. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: What makes you think I don't read posts? BTW, my post was a joke, so it's you who does not read posts.

17. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Point 1: Obviously your post was light hearted, but not all know the origin of the expression 'just a tad', so I communicated it.
    Point 2: In your post you state "The early church fathers (i.e. Romans) made it up closer to 400 AD". Two posts earlier I have clearly stated that " the concept of the Trinity was not introduced until the Council of Nicea in 325 AD". Either you failed to read that post, or ......?

18. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

There was no miracle. He asks incoherent questions, gets incoherent answers, and guilts people with an imaginary authority.

Example.

Q: Have you ever lied?
    A: Yes.

Q: What does that make you?
    A: A liar.

Q: What does 'God' do with liars?
    A: He sends them to hell?

Q: Do you want to go to hell?
    A: No.

Q: Will you accept Jesus as your savior?
    A: Yes.

Now lets take a look at what really happens:

Q: Have you ever lied?
    COMMENT: We begin with an objective question.

Q: What does that make you?
    COMMENT: This question is flawed. Having lied doesn't make a person anything other then what they are... human; however, because the question doesn't make rational sense and is a personal challenge, it gets processed with heavy emotional filtering. The moment a person answer's 'a Liar' is the moment logic has been bypassed.

From this moment forth, any question about imaginary life forms, imaginary places, and imaginary punishments are treated as if they were true and with pure emotional evaluation.

Kirk said it best, he knows how to bypass a rational mind and go straight to the heart... which literally translates to, he knows how to make people test assertions of truth against how they feel rather than reality.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2007
  19. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Perhaps sandy has no intention of answering questions? Such a long nap.

20. sandy Banned Banned

"The Bible clearly speaks of God the Father, God the Son (Jesus Christ), and God the Holy Spirit...and also clearly presents that there is only one God. Thus the term: "Tri" meaning three, and "Unity" meaning one, Tri+Unity = Trinity. It is a way of acknowledging what the Bible reveals to us about God, that God is yet three "Persons" who have the same essence of deity.

Some have tried to give human illustrations for the Trinity, such as H2O being water, ice and steam (all different forms, but all are H2O). Another illustration is an egg having a shell, egg yolk and egg white, but this egg illustration shows that there would be "parts" to God, which isn't the case.

God the Son (Jesus) is fully, completely God. God the Father is fully, completely God. And God the Holy Spirit is fully, completely God. Yet there is only one God. In our world, with our limited human experience, it's tough to understand the Trinity. But from the beginning we see God this way in Scripture. Notice the plural pronouns "us" and "our" in Genesis 1:26 -- Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

http://www.everystudent.com/forum/trinity.html

21. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Chapter and verse please, for an unambiguous statement to this effect.
    And while you are at it, if it is so clear, can you explain why, as I asked before, this concept was not introduced until three centuries after Christ died?

22. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

No, spurious and false etymology:
    http://www.yourdictionary.com/ahd/t/t0362200.html
    The "unity" doesn't come into it.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Joel Osteen is a good preacher.