Killing whales :(

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by cotton, Apr 6, 2005.

1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Why do you Republicans hate whales? I don't understand. Maybe too much testosterone? Do you have to arrogantly dominate everything on the planet? And what the fuck is wrong with smoking reefer and enjoying music? If you are against those things, then there is something seriously wrong with you.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. jlocke Registered Senior Member

Spidergoat you made my day...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

the point is that fine, wales dont mean anything so we kill them all, then we move on to the next animal (ignoring the fact that wales form a part of the ecosystem which would cause problems in and of itself) eventually we will be like all those scifi shows with no wildlife, living off sythsised proten because thats all thats left but what effect would it have MENTALLY? how many of us have pets? how would our lives be different if they didnt exist? how does any animal react if you put it in isolation? do you think we would be any different?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

So why not make an example for the rest of us and die? Whales, by the way, don't live in isolation; they're a part of ecosystems. Extinction of whales affects the areas in which they live. Go google the rest.
    Besides, I've just found a link that claims that more money is made getting people to travel and watch the whales. Although I'm not sure if tourism brings more cash than cooking whales in restaurants.

8. Starthane Xyzth returns occasionally... Valued Senior Member

Nowadays yes, since very few people eat whale meat in most countries. And nature loving is still on the rise...

9. Facial Valued Senior Member

Thank you Greenpeace.

10. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

The worlds population is over 6.5 billion and growing daily. The pollution from humans is over 1 billion tons of pollutants per moonth being put into the air, water and land that we all live on. This type of problem will only get worse and killing whales won't be the worst of humanities problems in the veryu near future. If the pollution continues to rise EVERYTHING will be adversly affected and will ultimatly have medical roblems that will cause serious illnesses and deaths.

WE ARE THE PROBLEM.

11. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

And yet, you'll notice that almost everyone here is against killing humans, against the death penalty, against abortion, striving to "save" the poverty-stricken nations of the world and save more humans, they're adamant about sending medicines and food to Africa to keep the population surviving and growing and multiplying, .........and a whole slew of other "save the humans" events and ideals.

Why? So we can have more humans on the planet? ...in order to pollute more of the planet? Is there some hippo-cricy going on with people or what?

Baron Max

12. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I'm more for educating people with family planning, birth control and other various forms of life prevention other than killing people.

13. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

What have the whales ever done for me? Eh?

14. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

That's been started some 50 years ago and it ain't stemmed the production of more and more humans.

Education? Sheee-it, man, where the fuck have you been?

Family planning? Sheee-it, man, where the fuck have you been?

Birth control? Sheee-it, man, where the fuck have you been?

None of that shit works ...except perhaps on the very, very upper class of humans. The rest of 'em fuck like minks and pump out babies like there was no fuckin' tomorrow! Education? ...LOL!!!

Baron max

15. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

At least someone tried. When the overpopulation destroys our environment, then they will learn. Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.

16. Beryl WWAD What Would Athelwulf Do? Registered Senior Member

Right. The rate of population growth is slowing, and I hope that some day the population will actually begin to shrink. Actually I'm hoping for extinction, but population shrinkage will have to happen first.

17. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, that's true, actually. But the interesting thing is that the growth rate is shrinking in the more affluent, educated, civilzed areas of the world, but NOT in the poorer, starving, uneducated areas where it's essentially ALREADY out of control.

The ones who take to the education are the ones that need it the least!

Baron Max

18. Starthane Xyzth returns occasionally... Valued Senior Member

Some Euroopean countries already have shrinking populations, or at least demographic changes which are depopulating large areas of land.

All developing countries should follow the Chinese "1 couple, 1 child" model... perhaps that's a bit extreme, I take it back.