Killing Time

Discussion in 'World Events' started by hypewaders, Sep 23, 2008.

1. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Baron Max: "Intentional targetting of civilians is not permitted."

It has often been ordered and carried out. When not ordered, it has been forgiven anyway.

"you think that if ANY civilians is killed, YOU call it "intentional".

If someone kicks in your door tonight and tosses in a frag grenade (just to break the ice) would you not consider the results to be of intentional cause?

"It's not, and never has been."

For frightened young USAmericans, who often don't know what the fuck is going on, it happens. Often. The more troops are kept on post (not on patrol) the lower the US casualties.

We need to sit and think.

Support our Troops: They're Sitting and Thinking.

Think.

"I've already given you RAF/USA records pertaining to that bombing, you ain't gettin' it again."

Red Leader, Red Leader! Must..

keep...

radio... ...

SILENCE!

"being fed a constant stream of overly liberal, mamby-pamby bullshit propaganda"

Please, Sir- Can I have some more?

"there's a big difference in substantiated evidence and wild, unfounded accusations and propaganda...I've told you 10,000 times already!!"

This is very good stuff, Baron.

"o one is specifically targetting civilians, and I've challenged you over and over for LEGAL, SUBSTANTIATED EVIDENCE, yet you refuse to give anything except more wild, unfounded accusations from known sources of propaganda or biased news agencies who weren't even there!"

Can't prove a thing! See ya in court, Asshole!

Please review this thread. There is much you have avoided commenting on, or acknowledging. Let's take a case like Haditha and follow it, shall we?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Legal, substantial evidence? Or just more baseless accusations?

The acts in Haditha have already been to trial and those found guilty are paying the price.

You're just accusing, Hype, without any substantive evidence of any wrongdoing. You're just like SAM, constantly accusing. And you're no more relevant than SAM is.

Baron Max

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

"The acts in Haditha have already been to trial and those found guilty are paying the price."

What went wrong in Haditha, in your view Baron?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Haditha? Hell, Hype, I don't know what went wrong, I wasn't there. Were you?

Did you interview the "witnesses"? Those "innocent Iraqi girls" who made claims, then changed their stories several times for several different interviewers ...including Iraqi interviewers? Not many competent investigators would call them "reliable" witnesses. But you do, don't you?

But, of course, you, now, ...you quickly believed the worst about our Marines, regardless if it's factual or not. Because, Hype, you're into unfounded accusations and enemy propaganda, but not anything about the truth or about justice or about the law. Nope, accusations are good enough for you to convict anyone and everyone!

See, Hype, where I'm content to allow the law to handle such things because I don't know and wasn't present. YOU, on the other hand, are quick to judge and quick to accuse ....mostly because you're easily susceptible to blatant, outrageous, enemy propaganda. ...or you just want validation for your hatred of the US military.

Baron Max

PS - Hype, how would you like to be accused, tried and convicted by the press? ..including al-Jazeera?

8. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

What went wrong in Haditha, in your view Baron?

Baron Max: "Haditha? Hell, Hype, I don't know what went wrong, I wasn't there. Were you?"

What about 9-11: In large part, what did go wrong included the wrongful deaths of many innocent people. Or did that not happen in your world? Or did your sources all corroborate? Maybe you haven't woken up to everything else that's been happening. Could it be that you have limited your own sources of information to the extent that you are censoring your own awareness?

"Did you interview the "witnesses"? Those "innocent Iraqi girls" who made claims, then changed their stories several times for several different interviewers ...including Iraqi interviewers? Not many competent investigators would call them "reliable" witnesses. But you do, don't you?"

What the Witnesses Saw.

"you quickly believed the worst about our Marines, regardless if it's factual or not."

Not true. I have many Marine friends, and even bloody shirts I could wave, if I thought so cheaply of them. Having been around a lot of military personnel overseas, I had the recurring impression US Marines were a little more in touch with their human surroundings than the others- American soldiers were a curiosity for me when I was growing up in the Mideast. The Marine Corps emphasis on connecting personally with foreigners is a stark contradiction, because Marine Corps indoctrination also includes a pronounced culture (broader and deeper than official channels) of dehumanization of the enemy in wartime. I think that contradiction, especially when presented with the wrenching situations of foreign domination, teaches something about the best intrinsic things of being human. Anyway, I don't hate jarheads.

"Hype, you're into unfounded accusations and enemy propaganda"

No, my posts refer to easily-verifiable current and recent events. If you would like to take one up in detail, I am at your service. Shall we explore Haditha together?

"not anything about the truth or about justice or about the law."

Let's keep all 3 of these foremost in our minds, as we examine a topical event. You choose what to explore, and let's go.

"you just want validation for your hatred of the US military."

I too am a veteran, Baron Max. I do not deny the necessity of military power when I recognize its abuse.

"Hype, how would you like to be accused, tried and convicted by the press?..including al-Jazeera?"

It doesn't worry me at all, remembering that I haven't shot up any Iraqi families lately. But I do regret it when Marines, or USAmericans, or anyone makes war on the innocent. I don't want any part of it, but I know it's important to recognize it, and to repudiate it both as individuals and as nations when madness breaks out among us. To repress the truth of atrocity is to participate in its perpetuation.