Kerry is another millionair who just.....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cosmictraveler, Mar 8, 2004.

1. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Wants to tax everyone more. Why is it millionairs always want to tax us more don't they make enough already? We are fools if we vote for someone who wants to, as Kerry has stated, raise our taxes again.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

So is Bush a fake millionare because he doesn't want to tax us more?

We are taxed so services can be provided and debts paid. Would you rather that we not be taxes be dropped further? And do you think that this is a Kerry tax which goes into his pocket?

I'd like to know how taxes give Kerry more money...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

At least Bush redudced taxes and gave tax money back to people didn't he? I'd rather that someone gives something instead of taking it wouldn't you? Yes , Bush is a millionaire also but the press never talks about Kerrys millions as they do Bush.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

What exactly is gained by 'giving the money back to the people'? Would you rather the dollar fall even further? It gives citizens a warm and fuzzy feeling to get money back and makes them more likely to vote for the tax dropper... that is it. Economically there is no benefit.

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I am just saying that I'd rather recieve money or keep it rather than have to give it to the taxman. Would you want to keep paying higher taxes? Your not thinking correctly if you say yes or you are working for the government in some way.

9. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

lets see, you give someone 50 dollars back to get his vote while the price of healthcare goes up 100 dollars, great deal!

Now the fortune 500 people and the inner circle get a little more than this for taxcut so you wont hear them complain about the dentist.

If you are lucky, its your kids that have to pay for your little taxbreak (can i hear DEFICIT?). If you are really lucky, somebody elses kids have to pay for your large taxbreaks, because you are part of conglomerate america that has offshore bank-account, i hope you are really really lucky.

And remember, a vote for Bush is really a vote for Dick Cheney Inc., now would you buy a second hand car from that man?

Unlike other republikan presidents that only set up sweatshops in asia, Bush allowed the setup of sweatshops at home (WAL-MART?).

Even billionaire Warren Buffet , a man that knows about money and believes in the law of the jungle, has warned that current taxpolicy, could turn most of the jungle into dessert on the long run.

Unless you are going to some preppy school in New England and your dad has some CEO seat waiting for you, you would be shooting in your own foot, but hey, it's a FREE FREE country....

Last edited: Mar 8, 2004
  10. SpyMoose Secret double agent deer Registered Senior Member

So far my family has an extra $300 (woohoo, I guess we can um.. I don’t know, switch to the expensive tuna fish instead of store brand?) from these great wonderful tax cuts, and we haven’t even noticed the difference because the federal government is all but stonewalling a lot of people, like my family, about mailing out those checks.

11. Munchmausen Registered Senior Member

Cosmic, maybe this is just me, but I thought the link between taxes and services was fairly direct. Personally, I'd rather toss my money into a communal pot and have people in charge of that money (held accountable to the people who threw their money in) distribute it amongst the public needs than have these services funded chaotically by the whims of private contributors.

12. Don Hakman Registered Senior Member

13. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

The problem is that Kerry wants to raise taxes for no reasons other that they should be raised. Americans are paying enough and that's what Bush is thinking. True prices have increased for health care but medicare is trying to help by giving reduced amounts to be paid for certain drugs and procedures. It isn't perfect yet but there has been some improvement. Perhaps in the coming 4 years Bush can get prescription drugs completly taken care of with medicare if he tries. Kerry won't do it without raising taxes.

14. shrubby pegasus Registered Senior Member

where do you think government money comes from? you want all this stuff to happen, well it takes money. kerry wants to get the taxes in a place where they can almost keep pace with mad cap spending bush has done since he has entered office. if you havent noticed the budget deficit goes up everyday and the value of the dollar goes down everyday. bush is destroying the economic feasibility of the US government. i believe paying taxes is a civic duty. many of the great things that happen in this country come as a sole result of the fact that we pay taxes. you cant have the worlds largest and most advanced military without the tax dollars to back it up.

15. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

That’s a problem to you? If something should be done and isn't, that's a problem to me.

Do you make more than $200,000 a year as a retiree? If not, your taxes will not increase with Kerry. Unless he’s faking his stance, which he has little incentive to do.

16. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Kerry stated he will raise taxes, he never said who's or how much. I don't want another politican taking away more from people. I want to see streamlining of what we have and less government spending instead of trying to placate everybody.

17. SpyMoose Secret double agent deer Registered Senior Member

If this is really how you feel about taxation, then go buy some land in one of those nowhere states, stockpile weapons, and keep the thieving government at bay, but if you want to take off that gorilla head and join the rest of the human race, then please realize that without more taxation there will be no military, no medicare, no social security, and no a lot of other things, because of the spending that Bush has done, and the taxes he refuses to collect.

18. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Yes, but schools are having to unscrew every other light bulb in order to save money now. Aren't you glad that Bush slashed taxes for the rich and decided to run us into the biggest deficit in the history of civilization. What happened to the party of fiscal responsibility? I'd welcome a tax hike for the rich.

19. Undecided Banned Banned

cosmictraveler

Get $300 today off your taxes, and pay $600 tommorow to make up the mess your selfishness made. I didn't make it up, the GAO did!

20. sweet Pentax Registered Senior Member

i don´t like this kerry much ... but i have to admit :
    somebody who says ( BEFORE election ! )that he will raise taxes is somewhat brave ... and maybe even honest

21. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

Yeah, saying you're going to raise taxes before an election is a brilliant strategy. Look how well it worked for Mondale.

That might still be the worst all-time ass-beating in history. What a buffoon.

He carried Minnesota. Figures.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

False. He says he wants only to restore taxes on $200,000+ to Clinton-era levels.

That’s good. Almost anybody would spend less than Bush, who’s furiously giving away the store to his wealthy supporters.

23. Italiano Registered Senior Member

Cosmictraveler don't see taxes in a selfish perspective. You see taxes as the less there are the more money I have, thats Bush's general proposal on these tax returns to rais the moral of America. But when you pay more taxes the money goes to the people, not the president, and you will benefit from those taxes in the long run and so will future generations.