Kerry for President!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by otheadp, Apr 13, 2004.

1. otheadp Banned Banned

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. otheadp Banned Banned

those who are considering to vote for kerry, are you really voting for kerry or against bush?

"these are my principles. if you don't like them, i have others" - John Kerry (well, these are his actions, not his words)

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. jinchilla Registered Abuser Registered Senior Member

I'm into bush but not that kind. I'm just gonna write myself in so my vote is counted and not for President Bu**sh**.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. otheadp Banned Banned

why would people vote for kerry?
    what are his policies? how are they going to benefit the US (first and foremost) and the world (should be 2nd)?

i just don't see this guy as a leader

8. jinchilla Registered Abuser Registered Senior Member

What his policies are is not even an issue as they will change if he's elected. You seem to be suggesting this yourself. Every politician's does.

As far as being a leader, I think the contest is for figurehead. Pay no attention to the men behind the curtain.

9. crazy151drinker Registered Senior Member

"I backstabbed my War buddies" Kerry.

He can rot in Hell.

10. otheadp Banned Banned

What his policies are is not even an issue as they will change if he's elected.
    so you'd rather to vote for ambiguity and uncertainty rather than what Bush is offering
    i guess you belong to the Anybody But Bush campaign team (the whole roster will be presented shortly)

Every politician's does.
    no, not every politician
    Bush has policies, ideals, and principles
    and he sticks to them
    Viet Cong Kerry on the otherhand...

11. jinchilla Registered Abuser Registered Senior Member

What is Bush offering now? Four more years of war? Seriously inform me for I am not so arrogant as to deny my ignorance.

And thanks for the pigeonhole. I feel such a warm sense of belonging.

Look pothead, I'm far from being a Kerry devotee but it does leave me wondering when I see people rely on doctored graphics and misquotes to make what falls short of a point. I'm trying to have fun so I prefer viewing actual Bush quotes. They're much more entertaining than photoshop hack ups.

Besides aren't you a pasty from the northland? Or are you just lost up there? I thought Canadians were supposed to be easy-going. I know potheads are.

One last note and I'll leave you to your rant. I like uncertainty. It's a spice of life. I am seldom certain. Steadfast convictions and simplistic ideals are the folly of youth and I'm no longer young.

12. otheadp Banned Banned

thanks for the pigeonhole. I feel such a warm sense of belonging.
    i wasn't attacking you man. welcome to the board, seriously. i was "pigeonholing" the zombie kerryists in general

people rely on doctored graphics and misquotes to make what falls short of a point
    it's just satire man. but it's not piontless is it? it's only a funny way of saying very not funny things.

Bush quotes. They're much more entertaining than photoshop hack ups.
    agreed. he's a dyslexic. but he is not admired for his Bushisms, is he?

I thought Canadians were supposed to be easy-going. I know potheads are.
    hey, i'm easy going

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

... and i'm not a pothead [anymore]

I like uncertainty. It's a spice of life.
    there are things called "policies" and "plans"
    do you know what they mean?

if i were a US citizen, i'd like to know what the f*ck my president is going to do about health care, economy, education, and national security
    as spicy as uncertainty is, i'd just like to know my president's plans and policies.

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Yes, almost anyone but Bush could do a better job. Kerry plays politics, but what the hell, you can't get elected if you don't. Nader doesn't have a chance. At least the right-wing christian fundie wackos will go back to the bible-belt, and stop interfering with our civil rights. They are the Big Brother we were warned about, they want to control what we see on TV, what we hear on the radio, what women do with their bodies, ban stem cell research, crack down on pot, strip our forests, drill Alaska for oil, pollute the air, wage endless war, monitor your private activities... did I miss something? Bush showed himself to be a complete moron before 9/11, he couldn't put a complete sentence together. Then he mislead us about WMD's, for that he should be impeached.

As far as Kerry's record in Vietnam, he didn't backstab anyone, he fought alongside everyone else, and then tried to save more of America's young men from the horror by opposing the war. No vet needs people to support an unjust war for the sake of pride.

As far as PETA, there are many things that could be done to ensure more humane treatment of livestock short of banning meat altogether. Meat eaters can support PETA if they think eating animals is ethical.

14. jinchilla Registered Abuser Registered Senior Member

Thanks for the welcome.

Seriously? I never had a plan in my life. And I don't live by policies. I live by compromise.

15. crazy151drinker Registered Senior Member

Errrr Spider, its a matter of public record that Kerry lied his ass off to Congress. He slandered the hell out of his fellow solders.
    Do we need to get into the "did the protests extend the war?" debate?

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

What did he lie about? How did he slander his fellow soldiers? I think Vietnam was worth protesting, but at least Kerry found out the hard way.

17. otheadp Banned Banned

Who else is in the "Anybody But Bush" campaign team?

* Malaysia's former prime minister, mister "I think Kerry would be much more willing to listen to the voices of people".

* the most prominent members of the axis-of-weasel, who'd rather keep dealing with Saddam, selling him cars, building palaces for him, and selling him weapons

* the representative of the Iraqis

* the kind father who's got indigestion because the imperialists are unhappy with his plan to appoint his son as the new president

* the corageous jiziya-paying dhimmi bull-fighter

* the local neighbourhood lunatic with a very itchy red-button index finger

there are just so many supporters out there... looks like Bush is completely on his own

Last edited: Apr 14, 2004
  18. otheadp Banned Banned

19. jinchilla Registered Abuser Registered Senior Member

otheadp, fer rea...

Could you please enlighten me without the use of cheesy graphics, cut-and-paste references or links that speak for you: What is your take on Saddam Hussein's history with america and what exactly are Bush's policies? Also if you could politely inform me as to how they've improved my life from what it was before he took office I would be most appreciative.

See, I'm an ignorant product of the failing american education system and I need exposure to those worldly veiws as seen through the Canadian lense or the Israeli bias such as your own.

But above all... stay frosty

PS: Guess I can't leave people to mindless rants but that isn't what your lookin' for anyway.

20. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Lets see Kerry voted for the war in Iraq just as the President asked for. Kerry voted for sending more money to rebuild Iraq just as the President asked for, Kerry wanted to use the United Nations in order to resolve the conflict with Iraq just as Bush tried to do but the UN failed to act.

So where's the big difference when it comes to Iraq betwen Bush and Kerry? Bush has made commitmrnts to Iraq for the next year at least and into 2 more years that whoever got into the White House would have to follow through upon.

The Economy is doing fine, the unemployment rate is going down and real estate is at an all time high in many communities. So what can Kerry do to make it any better than it is? I don't hear anything from him that would make me want to lean his way as yet. I'm waiting to hear something that Kerry will do that would be better than it is.

21. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

The imperative is to remove the shadowy neoconservative cabal that is furtively controlling the Presidency with a radical agenda that has been implemented without any semblance of democratic consideration or debate.

Kerry is not a particularly promising leader, but the US is in the process of shaking off an only partially-glimpsed junta that has underhandedly placed us on a disastrous trajectory. We're doing the best we can with a very unwieldy system of selecting leadership that is powerfully manipulated by special interests, and our alloted alternative is far from ideal. At least we can still participate as voters with some hope against hope that there remains a semblance of popular control as was intended at the founding of this nation.

If this doesn't work, I personally have had enough of war. So, I've reluctantly prepared my personal alternative.

22. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

So you really think that Kerry doesn't have special interest groups backing him as well? They all have big corporations putting money into their campaigns let us never forget that fact.

23. Whirlwind Banned Banned

Kerry exposed thugs and murderers in the US military while in Vietnam.
    Shall we hang him for this?

You can't massacre 1.4M people as we did in Vietnam and go to heaven, bubba!

see: WWW.ToledoBlade.com

Re: 101st Airborne Tiger Division's Vietnam atrocities.

S' matter have you fallen for the lie that the US doesn't commit atrocities in war?

The recognized policies and practices of the US Constitution and Bill of Rights "rarely" leave the US borders. "Out there in the bush" we're as predatory as the rest of the world's Ariel Sharon's and Pol Plots.

Note: Remember, Panama and the kidnapping of Noriega by the US?
    6,000 massacred civlians in the process and not a "peep" from people like you.

Whirlwind.....