Keith Olberman Suspended Indefinitly by NBC

Discussion in 'Politics' started by countezero, Nov 5, 2010.

1. countezero Registered Senior Member

I'm not arguing against this perception, and indeed, I would agree and endorse much of it. My only disagreement would be that there are plenty of issues on which the goal posts have been dragged well to the Left -- say immigration, women's issues, gay rights and government spending.

And Kennedy increased the defense budget, oversaw illegal assassination operations overseas, started a war with no Congressional act and cut taxes on the wealthy. Sounds like a Republican, no? The goal posts move, which is precisely my point.

It's a word to satsify voters after liberals lost the PR battle over what liberalism meant and what it could do for America. And it has little to do with the original term. So the playing games with words is hardly a phenomena of just the Right.

Whenever you or Ice speak of other people as detached from reality, I chuckle.

Now, I'm laughing. A full-bodied bellow of a laugh. That's just funny. And the fact you actually believe it... funnier ...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

What, are you above the Law of Gravity, now?

How so?

Well, in the first place, the Democrats of 1960 transformed considerably in 1968.

Still, though, the issue is caught up in the difference between theoretical and practical rhetoric. Theoretically, the "center" is somewhat fixed at a certain point in the spectrum of political outcomes. Practically, the "center" reflects the going mood of the country or, in this case, a relatively small part of the population called the "swing vote", which generally refuses ideology in favor of greed.

The result is that what was acceptable—even laudable—when it was a right-wing idea is despised as extremely leftist if it comes from a (practical centrist) Democrat.

Your point only makes sense in your own context. What you're essentially saying in a practically relevant context is, "Sure, the conservatives are a bunch of lying scumbags who have altered the language according to slanderous pejorative, but look at the evil liberals, who play games with words in order to deceive people into not being deceived by conservative deception."

Gravity is the fundamental attachment, Counte.

Whenever you have to speak for other people instead of responding to what they actually say—that is, whenever you lie—I chuckle. Or, at least, I did once upon a time. These days, I would never stop laughing.

Besides, dishonesty of such scale as yours is a sickness, and it's just not fun to laugh at sickness.

I understand. Things that exceed one's comprehension often inspire derision to compensate for one's shortcomings. Perhaps if you keep laughing, you'll waste enough time to actually think of something useful.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.