Katrina

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Fafnir665, Aug 30, 2005.

1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Dying people is good for the economy. There's just too many people and too much unemployment. I wouldn't be surprised if Bush didn't give a shit.

The only bad thing that happened and that Bush didn't do is actually causing the hurricane.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Yaba Daba :m:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

But didn't we arrest Saddam Hussein for violations of international law?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

And who is going to arrest Bush?

Yaba Daba :m:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Fukushi -meta consciousness- Registered Senior Member

8. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

How did I knew it....?

Yeah, well, whatever.... who cares about the Kyoto protocol? Who cares about global warming? Who cares about ice caps melting and destroying Hollywood?

Dumbass......

(I'm talking about Bush)

9. Fukushi -meta consciousness- Registered Senior Member

Yeah, and I told my teacher I had a flat tire!

10. Fukushi -meta consciousness- Registered Senior Member

11. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

I think I'll eat fish. I'm tired of alarmist shit that goes nowhere while we can't assemble the intelligence to fix a set of dikes.

12. Fukushi -meta consciousness- Registered Senior Member

Damn,..you hit the nail right on the head.

but who's 'we' suddenly? I thought it was a 'he' (bush stole the buget to finance his damn war)

Alarmist shit,...hmm how depressive, I think I'll eat shit tonight.

13. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Just saw an interesting investigative piece on NBC ...it seems that the New Orleans Levee Board used lots of the federal money to do OTHER projects rather than work on the levees! $2.5million for a new fountain and water plaza memorial of some kind ...pretty neat, huh?

Baron Max

14. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

It just keeps getting better all the time, doesn't it? New Orleans may have had its problems, but its unique culture made it valuable in ways that money can't buy or replace. Even their strangeness was worth preserving. All we needed was enough collective brainpower to build dikes. Instead we got collective stupidity.

15. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Or collective neglegience.

16. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Negligence isn't caused by intelligence.

17. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Negligence (thanks for the proper spelling), can be attributed to the intelligent or the stupid. Even intelligent people can be negligent.

18. Angelic Being Registered Senior Member

I am hurt that you would dare suggest such a thing - you are a selfish and lonely person.

Thank You.

19. kmguru Staff Member

If people are building bigger towers where the world trade center stood - knowing it could be turn down by the next set of terrorists, why not New Orleans?

20. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

21. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

You're welcome, and that's true. I just think that intelligent people are more likely to pay attention to the necessary details and know which details are necessary. Too many half-smart people in the mix. Too many people thought we could keep riding the winning streak instead of cashing our chips, taking them to the bank, and investing in our future security. That's half-smart. Any time they tell us that it hasn't happened yet, they tell us that they believe that the winning streak will never end and that we're crazy to think that it will. This is compulsive gambling. We are ruled by compulsive gamblers who seem to have an unlimited bank account. They even turn away from betting on things that they are likely to win.

22. kmguru Staff Member

The problem is also that we are gradually becoming a country of sellers of junk products, C-movies, rather than buyers of ideas. It was not like that 30 years ago. As a result, good ideas are never bought or acted on.

In one case, one major office supply is closing a large number of stores due to hard times, but were not interested to buy better applications and processes. There are economic development groups funded by city, county, state and even federal governments (taxpayers money). They do nothing while all the manufacturing is heading to China.

These half-smart people are messing up America and the world.

23. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

"Gradually"!?!?!!?? :bugeye: