karenmansker wants a quantum of respect

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by karenmansker, Apr 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Thank you but perhaps the thankless job of moderator could see even a mild mannerred chap like me lose my even temper.

I hope everyone can remain calm and realise forgiveness is beneficial for both parties in a dispute.

Alex

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bells Staff Member

Actually, it is not.

In your post, you literally invited the moderators to act on that post:

The moderators are well within their rights to act:

D. Moderation and Penalties
    D1. Posting on sciforums is a privilege, not a right. All material published on sciforums is at the discretion of the moderator team.

D2. Any post may become the subject of moderator or administrator action in accordance with these rules and guidelines. Moderation may include editing, moving or deletion of posts or threads. Members are not always contacted personally when their posts are moderated, but moderators ordinarily document their actions in some way that informs the members affected (e.g. by posting a note in the relevant thread). Moderation that leads to an official warning or ban is always accompanied by a personal message to the member concerned.

D3. These rules and guidelines are enforced at the discretion of the moderators. Moderators may judge in any particular instance that in all the circumstances no action is required. Sciforums is moderated bearing in mind the stated aims and ethos of the forum; we will not be bound by the letter of these rules as written, but by the spirit of the rules.

So I fail to understand how you feel this places this site at "great legal risk".

I can assure you, his moving your posts and others, by the way, was well within his realm of responsibility, not to mention you literally invited the moderators to "move this post elsewhere". So your threat of legal action just kind of went out the window there.

You invited him to move that post.

Usually when posts like this are moved, they are moved into a new thread. That is the usual course of action in these circumstances. Not only did you give permission, but the rules and operation of this site allows us to move posts into new threads if they are off topic or pseudoscience in the science sub-forums.

Your comments about libel are unfounded.

There was no libel. Again from our site's rules:

Defamation
    I9. Posts tending to defame a person (i.e. to affect his or her good reputation) are, in general, unacceptable. However, a person is not defamed when his or her own published opinions are used to draw reasonable, supported conclusions. Nor is he defamed if he is not in some way identifiable. True information about a person is not defamatory.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bells Staff Member

Mod Note

Since Karen appears to be rescinding her specific invitation to move her post elsewhere, which is exactly what staff did, this thread is now closed for the time being.

Karen, I would strongly advise you to review your manner of posting on this site.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.