K here's a poll...How many of you think I can loose 50 pounds in 2 months?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by draqon, Feb 18, 2006.

?

K here's a poll...How many of you think I can loose 50 pounds in 2 months?

1. yes

37.1%
  2. no

62.9%
  1. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

p.s. To anyone who wants to loose weight or keep the current one -> don't eat anything fried in oil, that goes for stuff like potato chips and french fries. If not a vegatarian - eat more poultry than other meat.

No soft drinks!

Eat rise, vegetables (boiled or fresh), a bit, but not too much, nuts, fruits.

Also - don't eat any sweets. It's not about how much calories that one candy has, but it's about the chemical reactions that that candy starts in your metabolism.

Curiously enough high quality bitter black chocolate (like 75-95% cocoa) is ok in little quantities.
    We use it as a quick energy fix in tournaments or before trainings, if little has been eaten that day.

As a last piece of advice -> In the end it's not so much about how much or little you eat, but about how much energy you output. Workout, workout, workout

Last edited: Mar 3, 2006
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Singularity Banned Banned

BTW whats the Occasion after two months ?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kwhilborn Banned Banned

maybe 2 years

I've lost 40 pounds in two years. I do not excercise per se. However I do count calories roughly. I exagerate them slightly and try to keep them under 2000 per day. Went from double chin to fit and trim.

I still watch may calories. I eat everything and anything.

2 months sounded like a goal I had. That is like over five pounds a week, and seems very very very unlikely

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Satyr Banned Banned

Did you do it using psychic powers?
    It sounds magical.

8. timmbuktwo Registered Senior Member

Dragon , lets hear about your regular diet, on average, to give you a better opinion.

9. draqon Banned Banned

its not the diet that the problem, but the stress. Anyways thats no longer a problem, I am doing pushups and loosing weight. sets of 20 pushups of 100 pushups in 5 minutes and overall 400 pushups in a day. works for me

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I feel my tummy dissapearing.

10. timmbuktwo Registered Senior Member

Good for you Drag , keep up the good work.

11. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

You can SAFELY and efficiently lose 1-2 pounds of fat per week. This means 8-16 pounds in two months. Trying to lose any more will only sabotage your results. Sure, you can be 185 pounds in 2 months.. but you will be what I call "skinny fat."

12. draqon Banned Banned

:shrug: so what should my goal be than? I mean looking like Vin Diesel is my goal...

13. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

If it were me, I'd worry about building muscle first. It's the only thing you can do to boost your metabolism. Eat 1.2-1.7 grams of protein per kg of body weight, next 60% or so of you total calories should come from carbs. Everything else is fat. Eat tons of food and workout 3 times a week doing a strength training program (like Rippetoe's Starting Strength). If you do it right, you should gain 20 pounds in a few months (most of it water and muscle). After all this, you could cut 400 calories a day and keep strength training. You'll notice your strength my not increase during this time, but you will be losing fat.

14. bocca Registered Member

1 lb of fat = 3,500 calories

2,000+ daily calories are required for you to maintain your current weight.

A 500 calorie daily defecit is simple to achieve. Double that and you will be uncomfortable at times. Thats 2 lbs a week. Distribute your calorie intake throughout the day (eat every 3 hrs).

You will not lose 50 lbs of fat in 2 months.

Good luck on 16 lbs.