K here's a poll...How many of you think I can loose 50 pounds in 2 months?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by draqon, Feb 18, 2006.

?

K here's a poll...How many of you think I can loose 50 pounds in 2 months?

1. yes

37.1%
  2. no

62.9%
  1. Hurricane Angel I am the Metatron Registered Senior Member

I'm currently taking a personal trainer certification, heres some tips;

-Don't stop eating, you'll be losing only muslce mass.
    -Combine muscle strength workouts and cardiovascular training throughout the week (ABAB).
    -Try to be nutritionally sound. Not avoiding any food groups, but not gorging yourself either.
    -Instead of 3 large meals throughout the day, have 7 small meals.

There you go, good luck.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. qwerty mob Deicidal Registered Senior Member

Excellent advice there.

Also consider that a calorie restricted diet is the only scientifically proven method to extend the average and maxiumum lifespans of mammals.

Well, there's castration also, but...

Good luck!

P.S.- I'm 6 ft. even and went from 255 to 205 in two months, so you can probably reach your goal.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Yes, cut off your left leg.

(I can't believe no-one suggested this before)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

i once lost 70 lbs in a month and a half, due to a severe liver disorder.

it is possible, but i didnt enjoy it, for my part.

8. mercaptan Das Feuer liebt mich Registered Senior Member

I seriously doubt it. You are at 235 now so at that initial weight (which is not THAT much), I can not see you losing 50lbs in 60 days.

25-35lbs is more reasonable but is still at the top end of achievement. I'd say losing 20lbs is a great goal for 2 months of commitment.

Good luck.

9. dixonmassey Valued Senior Member

Lack of $ is the best diet pill you can find. Give your money away and just watch yourself melting away

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

. Second best way, sleep in the cold room/place/underbridge. Sleeping at 25-30F will slim you down better than the most expensive gym you can find. Getting depressed, superworried (about life, well being threatening things only) will certainly make you to forget about food for quite some time.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2006
  10. Hurricane Angel I am the Metatron Registered Senior Member

When you "weigh in", wear lots of baggy clothes and bling-bling/jewelry. That big watch on a gold chain always scores big points.

After 2 months, take off all the jewelry and clothes.

11. draqon Banned Banned

ummmm....how to tell you this...I dont wear any jewelry, or watches, or any metal on me, in fact I wear only light clothes...

Disxomassey...So here's the story...I am first year in university and they've got a plan there were a student get 13 meals per week or 600$ worth on card for restaurant food and special food. So I decided to have a 600$ plan...ate that plan all on sushi in 20 days...in 20 days I spent 600$ worth of sushi and ate only so that I dont have any money, so that I do not have anything to buy with...unfortunately my university has so many meetings were they offer free food like sandwiches and pizza...and since I cannot resist the temptation...I go to those meetings...thus all my spending of $600 was for nothing...but now...I will improve myself...I will not be tempted by the many emails I get that offer free food, nor will I be tempted by the smell of pizza, I will simply drink water...or at least try to only drink water...until my power of will crumbles down underneath my feet and I will run to those meeting were they offer free food. Dead End.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2006
  12. Russ723 Relatively Hairless Ape Registered Senior Member

Nah, that type of workout will only add a negligible amount of muscle.

13. Nasor Valued Senior Member

No, this sort or aerobic exercise will increase muscle tone and endurance while burning fat, but probably won't cause any significant increases in strength or muscle mass.

If you do this sort of thing long enough you end up being one of those skinny guys who’s average size but with muscles that visibly ripple when you move. It takes heavy weightlifting to add muscle mass and turn into one of those hulking guys with biceps like basketballs.

14. Singularity Banned Banned

That will kill the Fat woman along with her moral.

WALK Walk walk, and then a year later join the gym.

15. snake river rufus Registered Senior Member

I'm of the opinion that if you have enough dedication to loose 50 pounds in 2 months, you would have had the dedication to have maintained a normal weight all along. sorry but I don't think that you can do it.

16. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

Dragon,

I am going through this exect same thing. I'll share my experience with you.
    I am 32 years old, I'm 5'11, and I was originally 235 lbs at the beginning of last year. I've been skinny all my life, but I gained suddenly gained a bunch of weight because I quit smoking sept 03. I finally got tired of all the blubber, and committed myself to losing it.

I currently run 4 times a week (~2-3 miles each time), do a few sit ups, and I'm on a relatively loose diet (not exactly a nazi about what I eat, but I do avoid those bacon egg and cheese biscuits in the mornings LOL).
    I am currently 195 lbs--- it took me 8 months.

Assuming you have a relatively normal lifestyle w/job/schedule/etc, I don't think it's sane to try and lose that much weight in two months. You can expect to lose *maybe* ~10 lbs a month.
    You also have to consider the fact that any exercise you do can become relatively abusive to the body. You will be starting from your out of shape-inert self into a massochistic exercise robot, and you will be unable to sustain your pace due to injury/pain. You kinda have to work your way up (especially if you plan to do any stretching before you do any of these exercises LOL).

NOW-- I'm not exectly going to tell you that it can't be done because you could conceivably make some sort of insanely drastic lifesyle change to make it happen...... like join the army (where discipline/physical exertion/food deprevation becomes your lifestyle) or go on some sort of 2 month 5 kajillion mile hike though a desert somewhere.

17. draqon Banned Banned

I WILL NEVER JOIN THE ARMY, thats why I am training to be an engineer, so that if war comes along, I will be needed home and not somewhere in Iraq. Thanks for support thou...now I have a hero, who actually did it, and now I want to loose weight even more then before.

18. lagoa89 Registered Member

domesticated has got it right imo. I turned into a fat little bettle after I quit smoking. I rectified my diet and took up running and now I love it, best thing I've ever done. I was 16 stone (6ft2) and did no exercise. Within six months I had slimmed to 13 stone and can now run half-marathon distances. It just dropped off and it turned out to be easy (ish), everyone says I look younger and I feel amazing.

The most important thing is that your regime is something you can SUSTAIN. Its no use fasting for weeks and murdering yourself in a pair of trainers, that isn't sustainable. Your aim is fitness for LIFE.

Oh and a few things about running, as domesticated said, go easy and make sure you pay attention to your body. I got injured and had to stop running for a month because my shoes didn't compensate for my flat footedness. Also, get some nice running shorts to avoid the chaffing

(seriously, ouch)

Would you like some food ideas?

19. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

hummm, anyone can input me on what the relation between smoking and eating is?
    I've never smoked in my life, so excuse my non-knowledge in this subject.

As for me, I keep myself fit with the help of martial arts, last year I even decided to gain 3kg to have more energy, can feel the difference. Now I'm at 1.73m and 57.01 kg (weighted yesterday).
    Anyways, sometimes before tournaments when one needs to quickly drop off some 4 or 5 kg (to get into a more desirable weight category) we train with our winter clothes on so that it's possible to loose 4kg in one day. The problem with this is that one has to be physically fit in the first place to go through that.

20. lagoa89 Registered Member

4Kg in one day?!? Wow. I would imagine that martial arts would be very good fitness training but could result in getting injured frequently?

Smoking is an appetite suppresant so when you quit you end up eating more. Also the habit of holding a cig can eaisly be replaced by snacking

21. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Actually there are far less injuries than in hockey or football, because you are required to be in control of your movement at all times (and be able to stop your kick, etc, at every stage).
    Most injuries that happen are due to incompetence of your opponent partner. Of course shit happens, and, for example, today I can barely walk due to a stupid landing after doing a kick in jump yesterday (hit a nerve center in my heel), but it will be ok tomorrow (has happened before). You can say that this was due to my incompetence.

22. lagoa89 Registered Member

Sounds bloody painful though. I know what you mean about your partner, I was sparing with a much more experienced friend (me-no experience, him-3rd dan black belt tai quan do) and he knocked me senseless on purpose I think. I was less controlled and gave him a bloody nose! I don't speak to him anymore.

23. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Knowing the requirements to get a 3rd dan, I can guarantee that it was done on purpose.
    (A few weeks ago I watched on film an exam to 3rd and 4th dan in Taekwon-do)