Just

Discussion in 'Linguistics' started by wegs, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Seattle Valued Senior Member

It's funny that you mentioned Carvana. I just bought a car and although I did it online and locally (all in one day including delivery) I did my research using Carvana (and others) and I was in the process of starting the buying process on Carvana...and that's where it falls apart.

It's so automated that when something goes wrong there is no one to talk to and no way to redo what you have entered. You can call a number but there is a 30 minute wait (no thanks). Otherwise there is no email or live chat (just an automated chat that tells you to call them).

It's a good idea but it's not implemented well at this point.

I bought my car from a local dealer who had a good online site and I did everything via email and only had to make one short phone call at the end and the car was delivered at 8:30pm that night and I only really started the email process at 5 pm.

wegs likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

This would be known as a ''just'' argument.

I couldn't resist.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Seattle likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

Your comment rather relies on everyone knowing how you pronounce them, though. Hence the assumption that you were talking about spelling. But if that was an incorrect assumption, so be it.
    That said, if we are talking about pronunciation, your comment about the "UK version" is still incorrect: there is no single version (as you implied through "the UK version"): it will likely vary by region/accent. Certainly where I am from it is "erm" or "um" (not that you know how I pronounce them). Maybe in Liverpool, and the scouse accent, it sounds more like "em". Predominantly, though, it will be "um" or "erm" (i.e. similar to the way I would pronounce it).

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

From another forum a total impartial post I am not in contact with

No idea of person's nationality

Erm… There’s “The Fifth Elephant”, for example.

8. LaurieAG Registered Senior Member

Is that 'just' as an adjective meaning "based on or behaving according to what is morally right and fair."?

wegs likes this.