Journey to the Center of The Yellowstone Caldera

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by HectorDecimal, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

No I meant more than the Earth. I am speaking of the field 'entrapped' in cooled volcanic rocks. You will be familiar with the alternating magnetic pattern on the seabed that exists as a consequence of seafloor spreading and an occasionally reversing magnetic field. There are similar patterns on Mars and these are considerably stronger than their equivalent on Earth. If you require, I can provide citations.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

That's more like it. I'm safe again. Especially with the new information from the Moon, which is exactly what I wanted, and gives Earth something special.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Oh, gotcha. I misunderstood and thought that you were speaking of the current magnetic field - thanks for the clarification.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

8. Dale Geriatric friend of trolls Registered Senior Member

Nope. Recently, in trying to reason how the natural positive feedback to dynamic fusion (what I call the plasma process), keeps from blowing up the whole nine yards. I fancied that any surplus fusion mustn't raise the fuel temperature, avoids it by putting it into potential energy instead of heat. It lifts the stuff above it. Then, big joke on me, figured sun won't explode at all because at a given depth, how could pressure vary? Then bigger joke, figured that a vortex could do just that, (it is a gas after all), hence the center would cool due to reduction of density and the cooling plasma could snort up expansion from unchecked fusion under the ring-shaped hump surrounding. Silly me. Found out that authorized thinkers buy the magnetic plug crap as the cause and still scratch their heads on why the cold spot spins.

The resulting sleeve of plasma under runaway fusion raises Macroscopically neutral flare but electron solar coating zooms up thousands of miles: some electrons come back down with landing dollops, some escape completely. Where the dollops land would account for the lesser, alternate magnetic polarities that pair with the heavy polarity for emerging stuff.

Read Dr. Rob Roy Britt's decade-old explanation that says I got it backwords.:bawl:
    But just in case he got it wrong, maybe doppler can tell us how the whirlpools grow in case their centers spin that deeply. Jimmy Wales said thanky same, but favors the consensual stuff over the truth so help me.

Don't believe a word I said because users here expect documentary confirmation from new peer-reviewed stuff. I disavow anything that I think of myself. But you might keep an eye out in case I am also wrong about being wrong.

9. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

That's very hard to read. It would make a good song... dollops of lesser, alternate magnetic polarities that pair with the heavy polarity for emerging stuff.

A bit like supercalifragilisticespialidocious.

Basically, I can't fit any physics into that description.

The sale of a toilet cleanser?...

Cillit Bang? This guy recommends it?....

10. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

All you need are croutons, some dressing and it is ready to toss.

11. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

It's beautiful today! It's 24 degrees above the normal temperature, meaning it's 75 deg f.

Here's something to ponder: How would any of you guys cut a tunnel through a mountainous body of gneiss and schist?

12. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrothermal_explosion

http://bulletin.geoscienceworld.org/content/82/3/723.abstract

Hydrothermal explosions are not a type of volcanic eruption. Although the required energy probably comes from a deep igneous source, this energy is transferred to the surface by circulating meteoric water rather than by magma. The energy is stored as heat in hot water and rock within a few hundred feet of the surface.

http://specialpapers.gsapubs.org/content/459/1.abstract

http://www.yellowstone.net/hydrothermal.htm

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/2008-01-14-tsunami-yellowstone_N.htm

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/1408

So all this may not be as silly as some think. When I'm speaking of a "slow erruption" this is more akin to what I'm describing. The question is now whether all this happening, should just such a wave of water interact with the magma chamber, would it cause a superexplosion, then, with the caldera overdue for erruption, could initiate an erruption?

13. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

oooh that's interesting! I forgot all about those. Of course my posts go off at a tangent. So I will just keep quiet.

14. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

I'd hire an engineer who had an education and knew what he was doing.

15. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

.. and that's why you have someone to dress you in the mornings!

16. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

Don't you know that arguing with a crank is useless?

17. Dale Geriatric friend of trolls Registered Senior Member

Afraid you are right. Was trying to throw a clue to Hector without giving local chimps a place to hold me back.

18. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

I think I extrapolated some core concepts in all that.. (pun intended)

I really just don't have time to make any meaningful comment at this point.

As for the chimps: Ahhh... the bravery of being out of range...

19. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/usb0008hb9.php

Another quake near the Outback...

We broke the record here in Indy today. 81 deg f. 30 degrees above the norm.

This site doesn't bully eccentric scientifics... www.jootbox.websitetoolbox.com

I've been continuing to search for evidence. It goes both ways. To me that says it's a 50/50 chance that fracking could set off a volcano. 50/50 there could be a connection between solar flares and seismic activity here and that seismic activity could set off volcanoes.

Honestly, I don't blame someone for remaining in denial about Yellowstone if they live West of the Huckleberry Ridge. I feel reasonably safe to continue building here, but I still have the question of it being folly in the back of my mind. Building a destruction resistant houseboat that is self powered and provides for indoor farming sounds like the best bet to me. D'ya suppose there's 1000 people out there who are like minded?

20. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

21. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

22. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

Just a thought. CBS News stated that over 380 cities in the US either tied or broke the record temps. Here we were 30 deg f above normal, beating the 1990 record of 79 degreees f by 2 deg f.

They also spoke of anticipating more coastal flooding in the near future. They estimated that by 2030 millions of coastal dwellers will be flooded out of their homes.

Voice in the wilderness

23. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

If you knew what was happening you wouldn't be able to do anything about it anyway.