Jesus is dead

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Saint, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Saint Valued Senior Member

I believe that Jesus is dead,
    even he was a historical person,
    even he had done miracles,
    but now he is dead, as any dead man who died and never come back.

Christianity is a hopeless religion.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. arauca Banned Banned

Do you talk physical body spiritual body ? Jesus spirit lives in my hearth . I live by faith , what ever happen so be it
    Is Buddhism death ? What kind of hope do you have ?
    What is the objective of your faith ??

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. C C Consular Corps - "the backbone of diplomacy" Valued Senior Member

But if you're allowing the possibility that He could have performed thaumaturgy, then you've pretty much left the door open to any fantastic occurrence, including Jesus's resurrection. There are probably space-cult Christians that don't even require their revised Founder's miraculous feats to be violations of natural regularities, but the result of advanced technology (though some of their own premature explanations offered along that line might involve pseudoscience).

'Tis better to debunk religious accounts on the basis of conflicting evidence outputted by the range of scientific research dealing with events of history / the past -- than going down the road of appealing to dogmas about what is supposed to be universally impossible according to this or that world-view, practice / profession, philosophy, another religion, etc. (i.e.: "By gosh, I know my generalizations are beyond any doubt whatsoever because I have personally witnessed and studied every iota of the universe at all scales over past, present, and future so as to confirm that no anomalies have ever happened / will happen -- as well as no concealed / obscured interventions from space aliens or future posthumans occurring upon Earth. I also have stepped outside existence as represented / presented via experience and grasped by reasoning, to confirm that there is indeed nothing vaguely akin to a "Matrix", etc, in such a fully human / mind independent realm, that could be responsible for generating the natural lawfulness of this reality and accordingly having the capacity to subvert it at convenience, as well edit our memories, change the past, etc. By gosh, I declare that I have done so!").

Accordingly, believers would still have the liberty to make adjustments or concoct whatever scheme could allow their faith to still be possible, as long as it did not intrude upon public education and what is warranted (based upon the evidence) by standards of advanced commonsense (i.e., strive for compatibility with naturalist methodology, secular or neutral systems / institutions, etc). Though, depending upon what strategy is chosen / crafted, some addictive weeping might transpire over having to cast out literal or former cherished interpretations concerning applicable sacred scriptures, in the course of understanding them in the context of a new "rescue plan" for that religious tradition. Philip K. Dick may or may not have avoided such with his "The Roman Empire Never Ended" mass deception explanation, but either way it surely requires some ample elaboration from other thinkers to salvage it up into philosophical territory, and away from the Schizophrenic Writer Badlands.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Saint Valued Senior Member

Historical Jesus is not there!

8. arauca Banned Banned

What do you mean is not there ?

9. Saint Valued Senior Member

Really Jesus was not real at all.

10. arauca Banned Banned

How positive can you be . What much do you know about Jewish history in that time , and who ever told you how much history that person know ? Otherwise you or they are just charlatans

11. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

Make up your mind...if Jesus was not real, than he was never alive, than he never died.

If Jesus was real, than he was alive, and had died. If Jesus was real, than he was alive, but came back to life, than what?