jesus christ is god

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by firingseeds, May 7, 2003.

1. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Tell me, what did jesus sacrifice? Don't say "His life" he was up and walking again the very next day, (which he already knew beforehand). He didn't sacrifice shit.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

And so we show how easily some people will just believe in completely false myths.

Ostriches do NOT bury their head in sands. That's a fact. From what is known the story came from ostriches lying their heads on the ground when sitting on their eggs. They did this obviously so they wouldn't be so easily seen by predators. However i will state for the record one more tie: Ostriches do NOT bury their heads in sand. That's a fact.

Now.... tell me some more about jesus...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. aardappelvreter Jezus Christus Leeft Registered Senior Member

- Free Cycle -

God is deceptive

Where are you basing this from?

religion (especially christianity) is not uniform anywhere in the world.

In a way this is true, there are many different denominations, and churches, but this is because there are many different people in the world with different cultures and different backgrounds. But God's wish is that all be saved.

"This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth." (1 Timothy 2:3-4)

God wants everyone saved, it does not matter what background, so of course there is differences in the church, but any one who has accepted Jesus to be their personal Savior is a Christian.

There is no more to the world that we know than what is in front of us. There is no god in front of us.

You cannot say there is no God simply on what you know for you do not know everything that there is to know. Really you can only say at best "I don't BELIEVE there is a God"

The idea of God through christianity emphasizes humans as integrally important in the scheme of things, i think we are just a predator currently enjoying favorable conditions.

We ARE unimportant, this is called grace, for God saved us by his grace.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-- " (Ephesians 2:8)

Believe that god loves you, i maintain that if we were exterminated the world would be upset only because it had lost an omnivore.

I think we are much more than omnivores, what other omnivore can access the internet and talk about how good Jesus Christ is?

-- Read your bible, and pray every day, if you want to grow --

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. aardappelvreter Jezus Christus Leeft Registered Senior Member

- SnakeLord -

Tell me, what did jesus sacrifice? Don't say "His life" he was up and walking again the very next day, (which he already knew beforehand). He didn't sacrifice shit.

He did sacrifice his life SnakeLord, for you and for me and for everyone.

"1 Who has believed our message
    and to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed?
    2 He grew up before him like a tender shoot,
    and like a root out of dry ground.
    He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
    nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.
    3 He was despised and rejected by men,
    a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering.
    Like one from whom men hide their faces
    he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he took up our infirmities
    and carried our sorrows,
    yet we considered him stricken by God,
    smitten by him, and afflicted.
    5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
    he was crushed for our iniquities;
    the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
    and by his wounds we are healed.
    6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
    each of us has turned to his own way;
    and the LORD has laid on him
    the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed and afflicted,
    yet he did not open his mouth;
    he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
    and as a sheep before her shearers is silent,
    so he did not open his mouth. "
    (Isaiah 53:1-7)

8. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Firstly dont include me in this little fairy tale. I do not subscribe to anything other than jesus would have been the jewish equivalent of david koresh.

Furthermore if there's validity to what is written he didn't sacrifice anything. He already knew in advance killing him wouldn't have done anything because he'd be alive again instantly afterwards. That is not a sacrifice, instead it's a pleasing magic trick for the ignorant shepherds.

Furthermore god said his messiah would be a great politcal leader, would bring peace to the world, would rebuild the temple and reunite the jews. God said that was how we'd recognise the messiah. Jesus hasn't done this and as such is clearly a false messiah. God himself said to beware of false prophets. If jesus plans to do all this at a later date I am under no obligation to accept jesus as being anything until he performs these things, for to do so otherwise would in the words of god more than likely be believing in a false prophet.

jesus sacrificed nothing, hasn't done anything god said his messiah would and thus basically fails on all accounts of being the messiah.

9. Squashbuckler Registered Senior Member

READ "the new intellectual by ayn rand"

Read the new intellectual by Ayn Rand if your an open-minded individual.

10. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

According to Christianity; "god" is omnipotent; can see what is to be as well as what is now and what is past - therefore my question is simple:

Why did "he" even bother?

11. aardappelvreter Jezus Christus Leeft Registered Senior Member

- SnakeLord -

Furthermore if there's validity to what is written he didn't sacrifice anything. He already knew in advance killing him wouldn't have done anything because he'd be alive again instantly afterwards. That is not a sacrifice, instead it's a pleasing magic trick for the ignorant shepherds.

The fact that he was God and humbled himself to come down to earth to save us is a sacrifice. Also Jesus Christ suffered on the cross being punished for our sins. This is sacrifice.

Note also, he was not alive instantly afterwards.

"but God raised him from the dead on the third day and caused him to be seen." (Acts 10:40)

The jews at the time were just as against jesus as you are if not more. I think the jews would have called it a magic trick as well, but instead they claimed someone stole the body, this shows that they knew he had died, and that the body was no where to be found.

Furthermore god said his messiah would be a great politcal leader, would bring peace to the world, would rebuild the temple and reunite the jews. God said that was how we'd recognise the messiah. Jesus hasn't done this and as such is clearly a false messiah. God himself said to beware of false prophets. If jesus plans to do all this at a later date I am under no obligation to accept jesus as being anything until he performs these things, for to do so otherwise would in the words of god more than likely be believing in a false prophet.

check out this site on his fulfilled prophecies http://www.trustthebible.com/jesus.htm

12. aardappelvreter Jezus Christus Leeft Registered Senior Member

- Red Devil -

According to Christianity; "god" is omnipotent; can see what is to be as well as what is now and what is past - therefore my question is simple:

Why did "he" even bother?

Because He loves you. God IS Love

"4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
    8Love never fails." (1 Corinthians 13:4-8)

13. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

Now that is EXACTLY the answer I expected - yet another damn quote!! Nobody can answer in their own language can they?

14. EvilPoet I am what I am Registered Senior Member

"God IS Love"

God is dog spelled backwards.

15. aardappelvreter Jezus Christus Leeft Registered Senior Member

- Red Devil -

All knowledge I have on the subject of Jesus Christ is from the Bible, so I can do no other but to quote from it.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Oh, it's a fact now is it? Prove it.

Sacrifice of what exactly?

Is it at all possible the romans didn't like him so they killed him? Pretty much the same way they did with many many other people?

Make up your bloody mind.... Either he is god, which you earlier claimed to be fact, and raised himself or he isnt god and god raised him. Which is it? And the point was not about how many days it took, i guess you missed that.

yeah i did and it's utter bollocks. Not to mention it bears no relevance to my comment but i guessed you missed that aswell. However while we're here let's look at it...

Lol, talk about reaching....

Actually that more than likely indicates the spear penetrated his bladder and he leaked piss all over his shoes.

The guy hasn't got the slightest clue what he's waffling about obviously..

and so on and so forth. The site is pointless with what i was talking about... But i guess you missed that aswell.

17. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

All this quote does is show beyond any reasonable doubt that god does NOT love anyone.

"It keeps no record of wrongs"....

o....k.

18. aardappelvreter Jezus Christus Leeft Registered Senior Member

- SnakeLord -

All this quote does is show beyond any reasonable doubt that god does NOT love anyone.

"It keeps no record of wrongs"....

True God does not keep a record of wrongs, however God "does not delight in evil"... God hates sin, however he is a forgiving God, no matter how many times you sin, the point is we are all sinners.

If I have a big brain cancer tumor in my brain, and you have a very little spot of cancer on your skin, which one of us has cancer? Both of us.

God will still forgive you that is why God "keeps no record of wrongs", however as mentioned earlier as a sinner, man cannot enter heaven, he needs that ticket, being Jesus Christ.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The fact that he was God
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, it's a fact now is it? Prove it.

Sorry, agree completely with you on this, that is a fact for me.

quote:
    The fact that he was God and humbled himself to come down to earth to save us is a sacrifice.

Sacrifice of what exactly?

What I meant here is, because (I believe) Jesus Christ is God, coming down to earth in the form of a human being would be degradation.

quote:
    Also Jesus Christ suffered on the cross being punished for our sins. This is sacrifice.

Is it at all possible the romans didn't like him so they killed him? Pretty much the same way they did with many many other people?

No, the romans (Pilate being their Governor) did not find fault in him.

"29So Pilate came out to them and asked, "What charges are you bringing against this man?"
    30"If he were not a criminal," they replied, "we would not have handed him over to you."
    31Pilate said, "Take him yourselves and judge him by your own law."
    32"But we have no right to execute anyone," the Jews objected. This happened so that the words Jesus had spoken indicating the kind of death he was going to die would be fulfilled.
    33Pilate then went back inside the palace, summoned Jesus and asked him, "Are you the king of the Jews?"
    34"Is that your own idea," Jesus asked, "or did others talk to you about me?"
    35"Am I a Jew?" Pilate replied. "It was your people and your chief priests who handed you over to me. What is it you have done?"
    36Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place."
    37"You are a king, then!" said Pilate.
    Jesus answered, "You are right in saying I am a king. In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."
    38"What is truth?" Pilate asked. With this he went out again to the Jews and said, "I find no basis for a charge against him. 39But it is your custom for me to release to you one prisoner at the time of the Passover. Do you want me to release 'the king of the Jews'?"
    40They shouted back, "No, not him! Give us Barabbas!" Now Barabbas had taken part in a rebellion." (John 18:29-40)

quote:
    "but God raised him from the dead on the third day and caused him to be seen." (Acts 10:40)

Make up your bloody mind.... Either he is god, which you earlier claimed to be fact, and raised himself or he isnt god and god raised him. Which is it? And the point was not about how many days it took, i guess you missed that.

In this case God the Father raised him (God the Son: Jesus Christ) from the dead. God is God the Father, Jesus the son of God also called the Word of God, and the Holy Spirit or Counselor. These three are one.

quote:
    When
    the soldier thrust a spear into Jesus' side, blood and water came
    out indicating Jesus died with a broken heart.

Actually that more than likely indicates the spear penetrated his bladder and he leaked piss all over his shoes.

Here a quote from "The case for Christ" by Lee Strobel
    on that subject. This is a discussion with a medical professional who analyzed Jesus death.

" 'The spear apparently went through the right lung and into the heart, so when the spear was pulled out, some fluid -- the pericardial effusion and the pleural effusion -- came out. This would have the appearance of a clear fluid, like water, followed by a large volume of blood, as the eyewitness John described in his gospel.' "

The text from the bible is:

"Instead, one of the soldiers pierced Jesus' side with a spear, bringing a sudden flow of blood and water. " (John 19:34)

19. Free Cycle Registered Senior Member

aardappelvreter, do you understand the importance of getting information from more than one source? Information from one angle does not include everything, and God isn't some exception. You have proof that the bible is true because god said so. Then truth that god exists because the bible says so. In examining historical documents you may find that to understand the entire situation more than one opinion is necessary.

20. Free Cycle Registered Senior Member

IN the first chapters of the book of Mark the bible shows God blessing jesus from above. If they are the same then did Jesus know it was going to happen? is he blessing himself? What about when jesus says "god why have you forsaken me?" Is he getting angry at himself?

IF the wages of sin are death, then if adam had never sinned wouldn't the world be horribly overpopulated? Or is the concept of limited resources a byproduct of the fall?

And what about Job living hundreds of years to see his many offspring? Can god wipe out a family then bring them back to life from their graves with memory of the experience?

21. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

Which proves my point - bible punchers do NOT have a will of their own..............

22. AntonK Technomage Registered Senior Member

Perhaps it is simply their WILL to follow the Bible, same as it is your WILL to follow whatever path you follow. There are VERY few paths that have not already been made...you're always following something or somebody...even if just a combination of many path's set long ago by others.

-AntonK

23. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

Understood AntonK, but I have noticed over the months that "bible punchers" cannot apparently reply to anyone or question without quoting from the bible. Does this mean they have no will of their own? Can they not formulate an opinion without consulting the words held therein? As I believe that the bible is a work of fiction anyway maybe I should quote from one of my favourite reads, David Eddings:

"She (they) make it seem as if the light in her (their) eyes is the sun shining through the hole in the back of her (their) head" - David Eddings The Tamuli.