James R's Independent Review Process

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Gustav, Jul 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gustav Banned Banned

the morale of this latest sordid little chapter is that shit can come back and bite you

the required ingredient is a mod driven insane by hate and anger

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

(chortle!)

I don't know, Gustav. While the idea seems a bit petty, it might also be advantageous.

For instance, once upon a time, a member tried to dodge an argument by accusing two other members of advocating child prostitution and slavery. The accusing member refused to support the accusation.

That was two years ago. Maybe I should go back, stack up all the accuser's offenses 'twixt then and now, and use that as a lever to kick the member out on his ass.

I could purge a lot of bad influences that way.

Of course, such a power is simply begging for abuse.

But always remember, if it comes down to a question of one person insulting an entire culture, and another insulting the racist, our effective policy of late seems to be to protect the racist.

I know, I know. I don't get it, either.

This is our harvest. I wouldn't mind its bitter fruit, except that I still think it was a mistake to tend the orchard to inedibility.

Meanwhile, take comfort that some of us are actually laughing about it. I mean, this result was inevitable, it seems, and there's nothing we can do to change it. So let's just laugh at the silliness. That does, occasionally, have some small effect.

You know. Some might shit on the roses and call it fertilizer, so we just laugh and roll our eyes if they complain about getting thorns in their butts.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Gustav Banned Banned

here is what will be different

i tend to give james r some breathing space after spats thinking he might reconsider his sop. it never seems to happen since he invariably comes roaring back like a maddened hyena.
    so......i will be similarly prejudiced and will maintain that prejudice 24/7.
    to hell with him

I am informed that you have posted abuse in Hindi.

/rotfl

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bells Staff Member

I am more curious as to who reported it..

The person who would have been insulted has not been active on this forum since May, in that he has not logged in since then.

8. Gustav Banned Banned

lets eyeball the semantics....

I am informed that you have posted abuse in Hindi.

"i am informed" vs "i have been informed"

distinct and two very different animals
    a third party is implicit in the latter while in the former, it is not.

agreed?

i think james r is doing some data mining tho the relative obscurity of ephil along with the foreign language would argue against that. why look there when venues like world would be so much more productive?

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

"gaand chaat mera, lund chuse" meaning: "Kiss my ass, cocksucker".
    It very easy to find out what it means. Anyone could have become curious and looked it up. I found out within a minute.
    Furthermore, you have built yourself quite a rep around here. I wouldn't be surprised if there are a number of people amongst the members that are looking to have you get some.
    You are always so big on "just the facts".. this is reaching.

10. Bells Staff Member

I shouldn't laugh.. but heh..

I don't think so.

It just seems as if someone reported it tbh.

11. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

There are several Hindus at this forum.
    I'm sure that given their Hindu "power, courage, pride and confidence," they take offence easily and will report any wrongdoing, no matter how remote in time.

12. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Gustav:

Thankyou for the translation.

I didn't realise the post was from last year - I didn't look at the date on the post. I received a report from another member about it today. It wasn't from the person you directed your insult to (unless it was a sock puppet of that member).

For the record, this isn't about defending any "curry freak" (another insult, I note). I was responding to a reported post - your conspiracy theories notwithstanding.

13. Gustav Banned Banned

is "freak" actionable?

In current usage, the word "freak" is commonly used to refer to a person with something unusual about their appearance or behaviour.

the poster's name is indiancurry2010. rather than type the whole shit out,i settled for less. it could have easily been "indian freak"

why are you so eager, james? why do you keep dragging me back to sfog?

did you delete my "statute of limitations" thread? why? please restore it
    also, reverse your bogus infraction

14. Gustav Banned Banned

/nonplussed

what on earth are you talking about? care to elaborate?

you mean the data mining thing? what part of the logic do you take issue with?

15. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Potentially, if it's used as an insult.

You drag yourself there. Why are you so eager?

No, don't tell me. I already know full well. You just want to butt heads.

Because you posted the same stuff here. There was no need for two threads on the same complaint. No need for one, for that matter. You could have sent a polite PM telling me that the post was from last year, for example, rather than bleating and making a big issue out of it as usual. But you wouldn't do that, would you?

The infraction was a warning. It is perfectly justified. You breached the site rules.

16. Gustav Banned Banned

the letter of the law.....

the spirit of the law.....

james
    please reverse the infraction

17. Gustav Banned Banned

james
    you had a recent post where you talk about a divide or something b/w staff and community. if you recall and i am not imagining things.....link?

18. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Fascinating. Who was it? Let's have at him.

19. Enmos Valued Senior Member

By "have you get some" I meant "have you infracted."
    Sorry.

I meant that you were pulling things out of thin air about James.

20. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Where do the site rules specify a time limit or lack thereof for how long an offending post can earn infraction points?

Sometimes, when I read old threads, I find things that are objectionable, but don't know whether to report the offending posts or not - since they are so old.

Is a post reportable, regardless of how long ago it was posted?

21. Gustav Banned Banned

it is not the "same stuff". it was viable topic on procedural matters that deserved its own thread and as far as i can tell, had never specifically been discussed. nor is this the first time you have made this mistake so hashing this out would be of a benefit

i want a copy of my thread. send the op to me

signal pm'd me and asked as to the whereabouts of the thread. apparently a reply was posted. she is now presumably asking the same questions here which by the way, i deem ot

restore the thread please. censoring stuff in sfog is bad pr

you could have similarly sent me a polite pm querying me on the post. instead you issued an infraction right off the bat simply because of a single accusation. you were prejudiced right from the outset and you expect me to be magnanimous? your overt hostility demands polite restraint on my part?

lets eyeball your request for a translation....

what can be inferred from that? you did not know what the offending text meant? you just assumed the complaint was truthful and accurate and went ahead with the infraction?

or could it be that you independently verified the translation and yet decided to ask me in order to see if i would be honest in my response? were you trying to entrap a member of this forum with that sleazy tactic?

the former is less likely than the latter since i doubt if you are that inexperienced in matters of moderation tho this habit of inattention towards post dates reeks of noobish incompetence

will this be a normal practice? i know others have posted content in foreign languages. will you be demanding translations under the pain of death at your whim and fancy? is this the new and improved sci you appear to be seeking by ratcheting up the hostility towards the content creators?

reverse the infraction please

22. Gustav Banned Banned

i see....

some members are looking to have me get some
    james is a member
    james is looking to have me get some

/chuckle

perhaps you feel duty bound to maintain the thug line but subconsciously empathize with me?

what do you infer from the italicized portion...

...?

23. Gustav Banned Banned

Thank you Lord for another day,
    The chance to learn, the chance to post.
    Now as I lay me down to sleep,
    I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
    Please, guard me Jesus through the night,
    And keep me safe from James till morning's light.
    But should I be banned before I wake,
    I pray the Lord my soul to take.
    And should I live for other days,
    I pray that God will restrain James.
    Amen​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.