James R's Independent Review Process

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Gustav, Jul 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Interesting. Bitter about what?

/sneer

Not interested.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Gustav Banned Banned

the fact that you need to criticize an inconsequential and obscure music thread has to say something about you. nothing flattering either.

bitter little man seemed apt
    i am open to suggestions tho

i mean "self-serving" and "misleading"?
    seriously?

/chuckle

i ripped off the title of a morning show in los angeles
    the dj is jason bentley
    by your logic he too is self-serving and misleading

in fact since all tastes in music are subjective, any attempt to fit into any particular category should have the same charge leveled towards those who do so

you see, james?
    a hateful, bitter little man

still tho, there could be an alternate explanation. me and that thread is trollbait in your tête-à-tête with quad

then....if that works... bitter little troll

whaddhya think?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I haven't criticised your music thread.

The title was self-serving and misleading, yes.

Please explain.

No. I'm not sure exactly what you're saying. Want to try again?

Who do I hate?
    What am I bitter about?
    How do you know how tall I am?

You should get together with Tach. He's another one who is making completely uninformed guesses about me. You two could write a fantasy novel together.

quad saw the need to bring that thread into this discussion. And the need to have a go at me. Take up your issues with him.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Gustav Banned Banned

lets start again then

i am curious
    what is your definition of eclecticism?

i will work with this....

Morning Becomes Eclectic is committed to a music experience that celebrates innovation, creativity and diversity by combining progressive pop, world beat, jazz, African, reggae, classical and new music.
    that is, anything that is not mainstream, perhaps somewhat obscure and experimental, can fall into that category. it could be within any number of different genres

now it is true that my taste in music is entirely subjective. that is what "taste in music" usually signifies. it holds true for anyone

yet that alone does not preclude the fact that my choice of music in that thread can be eclectic, ie: not mainstream

even the presence of some pop artists like Madonna (which i sheepishly posted amongst others) should not disallow or render inaccurate the description contained in the thread title. folks like parmalee more than made up for that "lapse in judgment"

after all, is anal the new M.O?

ok
    that dispenses with the eclectic portion of the title. on to the sciforums part

i chose sciforums because something like that engenders the community spirit
    hopefully in an eclectic manner

ja,i am cool like that

the thread was created about 2 years ago and roughly little over 50% of the posts are not mine.

now
    context

we have self-serving and misleading
    usually reserved for topics in politics or religion perhaps

but you saw fit to apply it to an innocuous music thread

why?
    lemme reiterate
    you are bitter and exploitative troll

there
    whaddya think?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  8. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

this

9. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

The dyslexic eclectic . That be Me theme song . That Guy that toke the picture of the radio personality . Did you notice that dude is an M.G. Always got to have them kinds around hea. Aye Mates .

10. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Gustav,

Let's move on instead.

In this context, the selection of music from many different styles or genres.

Eclecticism doesn't rule out the mainstream. It merely demands that the selection cannot be solely from the mainstream. (Define "mainstream".)

Correct.

Correct.

Of what? Of whom? What are you talking about?

I have no problem with the thread. You seem to be assuming that I have some kind of problem with it.

Bitter about what? You haven't said.
    Trolling how? You haven't said.

I think you have little to contribute except whinging, judging by your contributions to sciforums over the past few months. That's what I think.

11. Gustav Banned Banned

why do you troll like this? you professed confusion over my last post, asked for clarification and i obliged. what kind of a smartass remark is that?

/amused

i ascertained that much. you however have problem with the thread title

you maintain i am perpetrating a deception by being disingenuous and deceitful

i simply think that simple thread title does not warrant this kind of inquisition
    you have to be trolling cos there is no other rational explanation

now
    is that thread title still "misleading" and "self-serving"? i assume you had examined the contents, correct?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  12. Gustav Banned Banned

i think i shall ask for a second opinion. perhaps tiassa can weigh in, hmm?
    it seems my integrity is under attack and being questioned

13. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Let's just end the discussion right here. That way we can guarantee there'll be no trolling from either side.

Agreed?

The thread title assumes that sciforums was not already eclectic. It assumes that the great Gustav would make it so by starting a thread propounding his personal musical tastes. i.e. self-serving and misleading.

No. What gave you that idea?

14. Gustav Banned Banned

i categorically deny i am trolling. i merely respond to a rather heinous charge to the best of my limited intellect

furthermore despite my repeated explanations, you still insist that i am perpetrating a fraud. i am forced to defend myself from these spurious and trollish attacks on my character :shrug:

/puzzled

that i am being disingenuous and deceitful? why you, of course
    i mean, see here....

consult a thesaurus. you do know what they are right? then indulge in some rational thought and consider logical implications.

the thread is open to all members
    others had posted their selections and no one was even questioning whether the various posts were eclectic in nature or selected by some objective criteria

no one seemed to care
    until now
    so lets examine the logic

the radio show in los angeles titled Morning Becomes Eclectic
    did the dj who named it so presumptuously imagine the morning was not eclectic? and he thought just by serving up his subjective taste in music, he could magically make it so?

and that subjectivity necessarily precludes eclecticism?

am i riding your train of thought?

it is delusions of grandiosity on the part of that dj and the Great Gustav that promotes these base impulses? correct?

perhaps you could educate further? with examples?
    how the term eclectic be utilized? what would be the proper context?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  15. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

This is a busy week and I have more important things to do with the little bit of time available for SciForums.

To quote Eric Cartman, one of my favorite TV personalities, "Screw you guys, I'm going home."

16. Gustav Banned Banned

no worries
    i am now assured of your awareness of this thread so take as long as you want.
    i am assuming that you are also aware some issues which require your linguistic skills have arisen. your input on this will surely be invaluable so i bid you to spare a few minutes on that too

thanks

17. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Is that not what all the post your song threads are about ? I got to go find this Gustav thread . See what the hip stuff is

18. Gustav Banned Banned

this is bogus
    i was sheltering in obscurity and now all is going to pot
    the hound of hell has been released

mekigal

i am not sure i am quite comfortable with your threats

/cackle

19. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Christ, what a total shithead

/facepalm

20. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

As Gustav said, please take your time. But I'm anxious to hear more about the issue of disclosing private conversations - I can't find any reference to any prohibition on such in the posting guidelines, nor any definition of what qualifies as a "private conversation," but you previously referred to such disclosures as an unforgiveable offence. So, some clarity there would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

21. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Actually I do go in for a certain amount of Madonna. If nothing else, she can frequently afford and attract top talent on the production side.

22. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Whats that all about ? The science forum posts conversations when you talk to someone on the identity page . For the world to see by google search . I found that out with Me first answer to Ultra . I think it even says " Private conversation with so and so for the head liner . Maybe it just says conversation with so and so ?

23. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Madonna has potential she is not aware of. I hears little snippets of true greatness in her voice. Those small moments in time when the music hits a level of mastery that reaches the height of The Masters of all time . Most of her bubble=gum music has mass appeal but those fleeting moments were her true greatness shines through leave me speechless. Maybe only the trained ear can hear , but if we isolated the snips even the tone deaf would be able to differentiate.

Off subject toll like . How bout that Oil not not from Petro thread . A whole bunch of trollers off point. Shit loads . Will they be reprimanded. I think not ? To many of them . Groups control sentiment . Fact of life number uno

Crazy Man Micheal , I love that song , Did you say the hounds of hell have been let free ? Maybe there is hope for my personal free will yet ! Who Knows

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.