"It's been a Long Campaign and I am Making NO Decisions Tonight" - Clinton

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Prince_James, Jun 4, 2008.

1. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I don't think that's the link you intended.
    I could be wrong, as I don;t have any speakers on this computer, but this doesn't seem to have anything to do with young Hillary.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mrow Unless Registered Senior Member

Whoops. This is young Hillary. http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZAu39I5QOUc

Enjoy.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. iceaura Valued Senior Member

There is no good motive for Hillary to accept the VP slot.

Obama should be very careful to offer it in such a way that she cannot accept, in case of bad motive.

Hillary only gets the wivvie vote if she's running against a black man. Running against McCain, or worse yet running with a black man, she reverts to being the single most hated and reviled politician in the US.

If she had some accomplishments to lean on, that might not matter so much.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

The what vote??

8. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Sorry. Wivvie, generalized from WV, meaning that striking type of citizen we were presented with, interviewed and exit polled, after the latest primary there.

9. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I honestly don't think that race is as big of an issue in this as some people seem to think.
    Of course there are people that won't vote for a black man, but not enough to be concerned about.

I personally am a big Obama supporter.
    I am just as strongly opposed to Hillry being president.
    She has no chance in hell of getting my vote, even if she had Obama as a VP.
    Her being his VP, on the other hand, would not sway my vote away from him.

I think one of the big reasons people can't stand her is that her ambition overshadows her judgement and she is only out for Hillary.
    Accepting the VP slot could only help that image.

Besides, all the people who would vote for her just because she is a woman will vote for him just because she is a woman.

So many people have stated that if she wins the nomination, they would vote for McCain.

The party is split between the two of them, but him having the top spot and her as #2 wouldn't make enough of them leave the party to have any appreciable impact.
    If he picks her as a running mate, and they get enough people energized to vote (which I think they will) they are all but guaranteed the win.

If he doesn't, some Hillary supporters will cross party lines, and McCain stands a good chance.

10. iceaura Valued Senior Member

The desegregation of the schools in the South caused a massive Party switch, bringing Nixon and Reagan to the Presidency.

They called it "states rights". There will be some rallying phrase this time, as well.
    I think most people vote against, not for. With Hillary on the ticket, the bigot vote weds the Hillary-hating crowd. That and the fundies takes the election. And Hillary has ulterior motives. A McCain debacle presidency would suit her better than a muddled Obama administration that gets a few things right.

McCain has always stood a good chance - he's been leading in the head to head polls against everyone except Edwards for months now.

11. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

I'm reminded of that moment in 1990 when Maggie didn't win the challenge to the conservative leadership by enough votes to prevent a second round of voting - she publicly vowed to "Fight on!" before quietly and privately resigning the following day.

The TV coverage of her surprising the BBC/ITN correspondent outside of number 10 is a classic tv moment - if anyone can find it on youtube I'd be grateful.

In fact Hillary reminds me of Maggie in quite a few ways - not least her self-beleif and singlemindedness.

12. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member