it is the great secret

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by EndLightEnd, Jul 28, 2008.

1. EndLightEnd This too shall pass. Registered Senior Member

a good traveler has no fixed plans
    and is not intent upon arriving
    a good artist lets his intuition
    lead him wherever it wants
    a good scientist has freed himself of concepts
    and keeps his mind open to what is

thus the master is available to all people
    and doesn't reject anyone
    he is ready to use all situations
    and doesn't waste anything
    this is called embodying the light

what is a good man but a bad man's teacher?
    what is a bad man but a good man's job?
    if you don't understand this, you will get lost
    however intelligent you are
    it is the great secret

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Geez, here I thought the great secret was 42

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EndLightEnd This too shall pass. Registered Senior Member

I like the last two lines of the first paragraph best. I think this forum could use more of that mentality.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. TheVisitor The Journey is the Reward Registered Senior Member

A masterpiece.
    Thank You.

8. firdroirich A friend of The Friends Registered Senior Member

Is this an original inspiration, or can you quote the source?

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

10. onemoment Registered Senior Member

He is talking about intuition, spontaneity and openness to what is - a co-balance and responsibility of itself. There is not waste or want, but thinking away from this.

And any preemptory thinking is away from this, however intelligent you are.

11. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Oh no.

12. onemoment Registered Senior Member

You all are obviously finding some truth to what is said, but what is its truth for you, what in your own words is it saying and does that ring true for you? Isn't that what discussion is?

And further, regardless of it's words, functioning still happens, thought still happen. It is not arrogant to ponder upon or post comments about what the words mean to you. Isn't that what learning is about?

13. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

I am delving into the depths of my mind to find the words....

What he is really saying (Lou Tzu)...is...

Get Jiggy with it people!!!

14. onemoment Registered Senior Member

Here you go, get jiggy with this then you mother fucker:

The words of Sri Nissargardatta Maharaj: The world is but the surface of the mind and the mind is infinite. What we call thoughts are just ripples in the mind. When the mind is quiet it reflects reality. When it is motionless, through and through, it dissolves, and only reality remains. This reality is so concrete, so actual, so much more tangible than mind and matter that compared to it even diamond is soft like butter. This overwhelming actuality makes the world dream-like, misty, irrelevant.

15. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

Lol...

we can't be serious 100% of the time...that is flat out crazy! Yes, I am a mother fucker...maybe it is better to say...mother lover...don't know...? I do understand what is being said and the value of the words, I simply am not always serious about everything, even when the material is itself serious. When we get too formal we lose the ability to think swiftly through a vast array of thoughts...confined by the formalities...when we get too informal we have difficulty maintaining focus and getting anywhere with our thoughts...I prefer the middle.

Since you request me to get jiggy with those words...

What Sri Nissargardatta Maharaj is saying...The world is but the jiggy surface of the jiggy mind and the jiggy mind is infinitely jiggy. What we call thoughts are just jiggies in the mind. When the mind is jiggy it reflects reality. When it is motionless, through and through, it dissolves, and only jigginess remains. This jigginess is so concrete, so actual, so much more tangible than mind and matter that compared to it even diamond is jiggy like butter. This overwhelming jigginess makes the world jiggy-like, misty, irrelevant.

Was that jiggy enough?

I'm just having fun...really...

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  16. onemoment Registered Senior Member

Jozen-Bo, there are too many jiggies for my liking and in places they don't belong. Such profound words so misunderstood or not valued. But if that understanding that you have takes you to what you really are - to that 'motionless, through and through', then well and good.

17. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

Nah...I was just playing...I agree with what he is saying, I have personally verified for myself the truth of those words and I value the new angle they present. I don't really take the word jiggy seriously...what does that mean....jiggy?

I am sometimes silly, considering the pressure I deal with...I'd call it mental self maintenance. If I get too serious I get angry and rigid, I lose the ability to think clearly and start making big mistakes as opposed to little ones. Some of the best targets for humor are those that are so serious...maybe it has something to do with balance???

So or so, what he is saying is correct, though we can not prove it to others, only to ourselves when we sincerely seek to embrace the meaning of the words and put them into action. Thanks for quoting him!

18. onemoment Registered Senior Member

Yeah, I totally agree with you. And it's amazing how the mind goes on and on for so long even though what is being pointed to is that silence and even though there is a yearning to be silent long enough to see what is there.

And, it is not something that you can argue for or against unless you taste what is being pointed to.

Glad you liked the quote.