It is OK to be gay?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by cosmictraveler, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Bells Staff Member

Don't be naive.

Not everyone has sex purely for procreation. Most enjoy sex for just pleasure. And a lot of people have sex with others with no emotional attachment. To follow your reasoning, one could say those who have one night stands to be equally abnormal.

Do you think all gay men act like women? Just because a man is not turned on by a woman does not make him abnormal.

Visit a wildlife park and you'll see just how natural it is.

As James pointed out, your "dick" fits into a lot of things. I am guessing you will never or have never had oral sex? Never have and never will masturbat? Anal sex?

Do you think homosexual men have sex by putting their "dicks" into another "dick"?

You still have not said why it needs to be changed.

Ghost_007

The law.

You'd be best to read through this thread and others on this site to see for yourself.

Do you think it is acceptable to discriminate against someone because of their sexual partner? I do not. The law agrees with me.

Would I care if my children had a teacher who was a transsexual? No. If the individual is a good teacher, is well qualified and is good with children, no it would not bother me.

No one is ramming down your throat. Just as no one is forcing you to leave your children with a homosexual. But you really have no right to demand a school fires a teacher because they happen to be homosexual. It is discrimination and frankly, bigotry, as well as being illegal.

One member recently stated she would not want a Muslim woman in a hijab to teach in her children's schools. If she were to attempt to force her school to fire a Muslim woman because she chose to wear a hijab, it would be equally discriminatory and bigoted.

Then we agree. From that, do you think it is your business, as a parent, as to who your child's teacher happens to sleep with if his/her actions are not illegal in any way? Would you like it if your employer demanded to know who your sexual partner was before hiring you?

Any negativity from their lifestyle stems from the way in which society treats it. They are not negative. They would like to have equal rights and so they should. They are human beings and as such, demand the same rights as you or I. Their impact on society is what we make of it.

If a teacher would have a negative impact on a student, in that they are abusive or simply not a good teacher, then yes, the parents would have a say. But I fail to see how a parent can demand that a school removes a teacher simply because he or she happens to be a homosexual. How do you think a homosexual teacher would negatively impact on a student any more than a heterosexual teacher?

If my son had a teacher who sat in class and say, used drugs, masturbated or did other things in front of my child, then I would find it objectionable. If my son had a teacher who sat in class and discussed their private sex lives with their class, then I would have issues with it and file a complaint because such actions would be detrimental and would affect the children in that class. But a teacher who is homosexual and is a great teacher and behaves like a teacher should? Why would I want to get rid of them simply because of their sexuality?

Would you demand to know the sexuality of your children's teacher? Do you think they should have a stamp on their forehead stating their sexuality?

No they cannot. Just as a school and a parent cannot demand that the teachers all be heterosexual.

Read through this thread and the other threads dealing with homosexuality.

Do you think experimentation does not occur in more restrictive and oppressive societies?:bugeye:

All of which can occur with heterosexual couples who have anal sex. Anal sex is not something that just homosexuals partake in.

If it is not for you, then don't do it.

Actually, your backside probably has more muscles than a woman's vagina does. That is why a lot of men like anal sex with their female partners. And a man's rectum has a lot of nerves that makes anal sex very pleasurable... or so I have been told.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Hence why the use of condoms is encouraged.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kadark Banned Banned

You didn't read my post below that one, did you?

Gays have limited options, and in all likelihood, practice it much more often than heterosexuals.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Why are we so fixated with homosexuality? If you are gay, you'r gay, if not, not. Who cares?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enmos Valued Senior Member

8. Kadark Banned Banned

I agree. It's always the people who see nothing wrong with homosexuality starting threads entitled "is it okay to be gay", and get mad when people who disagree with them post their perspectives.

9. Yorda Registered Senior Member

to think that there's something wrong with gays is like racism. only stupid people are racist, other people know that skin color and sexuality doesn't matter.

10. Bells Staff Member

Ugh.. your posts keep getting lost amongst the homophobe's posts.

Good point and correct point.

Wouldn't aggressiveness be able to be treated with therapy and, well, educating the individual, while homosexuality can not? I am not sure whether I would characterise homosexuality as being a character or personality flaw, as aggressiveness is often seen in that light.:shrug:

Could be.

11. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Bells, I have found a very interesting article on this matter.
    It states that the root cause for homosexuality is genetic and that the genes responsible can be triggered by some unknown environmental factor.
    Examples like the following can be found in this article:
    - Homosexuality: (Identical twins) If one is gay, then the other twin is found to be gay only about 55% of the time.
    - Schizophrenia (genetic cause): If one identical twin develops schizophrenia, the other twin has about a 48% chance of also developing the disorder.
    - Bipolar Affective Disorder (genetic cause): If one (identical) twin develops bipolar affective disorder, (formerly called manic depression) the other twin's chances are about 60% of having it as well.

Don't be satisfied with these examples though, there is much more interesting stuff in there

http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_caus3.htm