Israels use of Cluster Bombs in the recent conflict

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Zakariya04, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Fuck you, Zak! You don't know a damned thing about fighting a war ...you only have your silly-assed idealistic, moralistic bullshit ...which doesn't work in war or in street fights.

Baron Max

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

baron tell me how an israeli gunner spots a guy in uniform from miles way...

I am assuming that the isralei artilery can fire at a range of at elast 5km+

And also tell me how an israeli pilot can spot someone in uniform or not?? from 10k feet up in the air

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

If hizbollah had so many fighters in towns populated with civilains then how the hell did they defend the towns which were being attacked by israeli Infantry and tanks!!!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

If hizbollah had so many fighters in towns populated with civilains then how the hell did they defend the evacutaed civilian towns which were being attacked by israeli Infantry and tankson the border regionns etc...

8. aaa Registered Senior Member

omg. intel of course. israel had lots of information and knew where the fighters were hiding. but it always has been in such a populated area or another so that makes it harder to pull the trigger.

otherwise, where were all hizballah's military bases?

9. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

hi aaa,

i ghope all si good with you

the media said most of them were in caves and tunnels

10. aaa Registered Senior Member

ok. but where were the launchers?

11. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Zakariya, it matter not if they can see the uniform if the Hezbullah doesn't wear them, and from most of the pictures that I have seen there isn't a uniform worn.

12. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Zakariya, and the caves and tunnels were located in and under civilian structures.

13. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Better kill everybody then, just to be sure. In fact, why not just nuke them from orbit?

14. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Nickelodeon, are you really that stupid to come up with a response like that, you are the one saying kill them all not me.

15. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

I say kill them all and let Richard Dawkins sort them out.

16. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

the caves were in the hills.

Hey buffalo

thank you for your posts

but can you id a uniform when you are firing artilery rounds from miles awy or from 10k feet up in the sky

17. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Yes from the FO,s and the FAC's observation, to shoot beyond visual range you have to have some one to observe the target, watch the impact of the rounds, correct for errors, and do damage assessment of the strike, in the air the procedure is very similar, the FAC observes the target, calls in the strike, tell them what is the best approach route to the target, tells them were the target is, and some times marks the target with smoke or lasers, observes the impact of the bombs and does a BDA of the strike, so yes their are eyes on the target in range to do a visual of the uniform or lack there of, but he can see if they are launching or caring weapons, and identify militarily important sites. So no it isn't the gunner 15Km. away or the Pilot of a fast moving Jet that has to identify the target, that has already been done, all they are doing is delivering the load.

18. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

hi buiffalo

pls elaborate? what are these?

19. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Forward Observers, for the artillery, Forward Air Controllers, for the air force, they control what is going on, with out them you end up doing what Hezbullah did you just shoot and don't care were the rounds, rockets land, and you have no idea if you are doing any damage to the enemy, you also waste round, and bombs, because in reality their are very few targets of opportunity that can be identified from a Fast Mover, ie: jet aircraft, even in a quick reaction strike there is planning and people observing the target to tell the Arty, and the Fast Movers were the target is, this is also so you don't bomb your own troops by accident, there are 4 thing that you have to know to conduct a strike,

1: You have to identify a target.
    2: You have to know were the target is.
    3: You have to have communication with the
    attacking unit to give them the coordinates.
    4: You have to observe the fall of the ordinance to
    insure, you hit the target and when it is destroyed
    the strike is stopped so you don't waist ordinance.

20. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Hi buffalo,

I hope you had a good weekend

Do you have guys on the ground to target these weapons??

21. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Yes, if you want the strike to be effective, you need a controller, either a FO or FAC, both are in visual range of the target, all though a friend has told me that a lot of FAC work is being done by RPV, because they present a smaller target, and can get lower with their cameras to visually identify legitimate target from civilians.

22. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

buffalo,

thank you for this...

Sorry to be a pain but...
    What happens if you dont have a guy on the ground?

pls explain in english though with none of these weird acronyms
    ####
    zak

23. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Your are wasting ammunition, the Hezbullah wasted a lot of rocket to hit nothing, that is why the Israelis had fewer causalities. Sorry about the acronyms, this is the standard language of the military, is save time in conversation, and instructions.

ps: RPV is a Remote Piloted Vehicle, and they mount cameras on them that can read the name tag on your uniform, at 5 Km. and tell if you shaved that morning. hell they have cameras on satellites that can read a license plate at 150 miles, and that is what I know about and I'm 15 years out of date on the capabilities of these systems.