Israel seals off West Bank

Discussion in 'World Events' started by S.A.M., Mar 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John99 Banned Banned

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I don't consider Israel to be "stolen". Look into the reasons for the deaths, and most of them are directly a result of justified self-defense measures.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

keep finding more every day

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

More efforts towards "peace"

So was this news released in Jerusalem before the shooting at the seminary?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7286264.stm

This should make the settlers even more popular with the natives.

What I don't understand is that Israel has landmass which can support at least 16 million people and yet all the expansions of settlements are focused on Palestinian land. Why?

8. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

i thought you said the shooting was beacuse the killer was abused by some jew.
    since the palestinians can enjoy any kind of excuse for their murdering acts, so should the israelis.

i can take a gun and brake in to a hamas protest, killing everyone in sight.

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Maybe the US can send some Caterpillars to the West Bank to knock down illegal settlements.

Surely the Palestinians can legally do that.

About 100 of them right?

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Israelis don't need excuses. They are Holocaust victims!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But referring to the Merkaz:
    http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/962041.html

11. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

i thought the palestinians are victims of a holocaust.

and if the settlements are the obstacle, why the removal of settlements from gaza only increased terror?

12. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

everything the israeli do is illegal. everything the palestinians will do is legal.

how long will it take till you tell us those 8 killed in jerusalem were militants?

13. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

the "mountain aquifer" is partially under that land. The "Security Wall" tends to follow it also - pushing 20Km into the Palestinian land in some palces.

14. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

the "security wall"?

interesting. ill take it its aim is not security then.

15. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

It is quite an expense where it is concrete instead of chain link fence, but even that costs. There is no security need to push it 20Km in the Palestinian land if security were it only purpose. Most who favor a Security wall only think it would have caused much less diplomatic trouble if built along the 1967 border; but it had at least two entirely different objectives. (Some might say three – as often it does separate the Palestinians from land they farm and in some case make a 15 Km trip to their field, via the check point, even though they could throw a stone into the field from their house. – I.e. #3 “uses” is to make life harder for the Palestinians so maybe they will go to Jordan etc.)

16. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

israel can do no right. if it was built on the 67 border, you protested its color.

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Correct.

Map of the wall
    http://gush-shalom.org/thewall/jerusalemwall.pdf

18. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

Dan Rather, Katie Couric, and an Israeli sergeant were all captured by terrorists in Iraq. The leader of the terrorists told them that he would grant them each one last request before they were beheaded. Dan Rather said, "Well, I'm a Texan, so I'd like one last bowlful of hot spicy chili." The leader nodded to an underling who left and returned with the chili. Rather ate it all and said, "Now I can die content." Katie Couric said, "I'm a reporter to the end. I want to take out my tape recorder and describe the scene here and what's about to happen. Maybe someday someone will hear it and know that I was on the job till the end." The leader directed an aide to hand over the tape recorder and Couric dictated some comments. She then said, "Now I can die happy." The leader turned and said, "And now, Mr. Israeli tough guy, what is your final wish?" "Kick me in the ass," said the soldier." "What?" asked the leader? "Will you mock us in your last hour?" "No, I'm not kidding. I want you to kick me in the ass," insisted the Israeli. So the leader shoved him into the open and kicked him in the ass. The soldier went sprawling, but rolled to his knees, pulled a 9 mm pistol from under his flack jacket, and shot the leader dead. In the resulting confusion, he jumped to his knapsack, pulled out his carbine and sprayed the terrorists with gunfire. In a flash, all terrorists were either dead or fleeing for their lives. As the soldier was untying Rather and Couric, they asked him, "Why didn't you just shoot them in the beginning? Why did you ask them to kick you in the ass first?" "What?" replied the Israeli, "And have you two #$%@*s report that I was the aggressor?!"

19. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

lame

20. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

thats beacuse its probably true.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I'm guessing the "terrorists" were Iraqis.

What was the Israeli sergeant doing there?

22. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

more anti israeli sentiment SAM?

23. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

I liked Spock's joke. reminded me of one so old he and you may not have heard it. It also showed how tough the Israelis are / what cowards the arabs are etc.:

Two Israelis were crossing desert but had to double up on one camel when other one broke its leg. They were thus slowed and cut near Arab camp to shorten their trip home. An arab look out spotted them, and signaled for 20 others to join him for the kill, but anxious to get most of the credit, he went out in front as the 21 charged the single camel and it rider.

Suddenly he turned back, yelling that the others:

"Turn back! Turn back! -It is a trap. - There are two of them."

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.