Israel, Palestine and the Arab/Israel Conflict

Discussion in 'World Events' started by goofyfish, Jul 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

The mother with her kid in the mock suicide suit comes a journalist/photographer from the right wing /neocon/ Moonie owned/ not particularly credible /Washington times.

The account of the mother might be true. What does a poor Palestinian women know about how the Washington Times would use her words and images? She may want the world to know about her anger at Israel. She may not know that the Washington Times wants to show her as a monster in order that her monsterhood should be a shield that protects Israel from world criticism as Israel continues to do all of the things that made her feel a hysterical hatred against Israel in the first place.

The photo of the mother and suicide costumed kid is not a candid picture. This photo has been willingly staged by the mother and Washington Times photographer. We can't see their faces. We don't even know if they are really Palestinians. We don't know if they were paid to pose.

Regardless why the mother and child posed for this staged photograph what makes this staged photo acceptable while the photos staged by the Palestinians making the docudrama ,Jenin Jenin, are not acceptable? The Washington Times and the Palestinian Film makers both claim that their staged photos depict something real. No writing or photography done by or for people who are supporters or oppenents of Israel should be considered credible.

That means that we have acsess to almost no credible information about the Israel / Palestinian dispute.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

And there's the problem.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. funkstar ratsknuf Valued Senior Member

And that's really it, isn't it. No amount of evidence could force you to believe that the palestinians could possibly be staging anything. Photos of it? Lies. Unedited videos from major providers? More lies.

Pitiful.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Foxhound007 A registered voter Registered Senior Member

i really agree. So without "proper" knowledge, dont make claims you can't defend. Then again, what is proper knowledge these days. With information like this spreading like wildfire, what is the most credible source of info today? Is there one?

8. Foxhound007 A registered voter Registered Senior Member

troubling days lie ahead, if we cannot trust our greatest tool.

9. Ritri5432 Banned Banned

They are masters of deceptions and lies, it is just too much, I am glad they are being exposed.

10. Foxhound007 A registered voter Registered Senior Member

You honestly believe those photos are true? You think that a major provider could go that low? Mabye people staged for those photos, but that does not erase the fact that people suffer all over the world. and photos won't stop it.

11. funkstar ratsknuf Valued Senior Member

Let me guess: You didn't watch the "Pallywood" video, did you?
    True, but photographs are powerful communication devices. It is pertinent to the understanding of the conflict that the palestinians demostrably resort to fabricating them.

12. Foxhound007 A registered voter Registered Senior Member

Photos speak a thousand words and what makes u think that those words are always true? We all know photos can be "edited" or created.

13. aaa Registered Senior Member

yes, there is.
    you can always ask palestinians / israelies directly instead of reading htmls.
    they should know better.

14. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

But you'd have to ask each and every one of them, then assemble the results to try to find a consensus. Do you actually, truly think that could be done? Ever?

Baron Max

15. aaa Registered Senior Member

you don't have to ask everyone and there's no need in assembling any result, because facts will remain facts.

16. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

The facts might be there/remain, but if you can't find them, they do no one any good! How do you find out all the facts? How do you weed out the bullshit from the facts? How do you know that everyone is telling the true facts?

Baron Max

17. aaa Registered Senior Member

why giving up now? have you even tried to ask?
    you can't get all the facts, i'll tell you that. but there are some that can be
    agreed by both of the sides.

18. Foxhound007 A registered voter Registered Senior Member

I honestly think that it is impossible. No offense aaa, but there will always be lies, on any side. I think that you have to have faith in what you believe, even though people try to contradict you. That is what religion is. Having faith in the things that you cannot prove. All the evidence for evolution and other sciences go against religion, but you have to have faith.

Intelligent design is a middle ground to try to appease all the voters. Bush should stick to his side, even if the entire world(almost) thinks he is wrong. But thats why democracy is cool. If he is wrong, then COngress can check his power or Judicial. But checks and balances only work when there is no monopoly on all 3 branches, unlike today.

19. Foxhound007 A registered voter Registered Senior Member

There is a saying in the Koran.

" To you is your religion, and to me is my religion."

obviously it doesnt have to be religion, just a belief. People should just leave people alone.

20. aaa Registered Senior Member

Foxhound007, you can know only by what people have told you. history is written that way. i myself belive in what is most proved.
    therefore, i might give them a chance to prove their point before making any judgement.

21. Tali75 Banned Banned

I get sick of the BBC showing those kids throwing stones, this is the most LYING pic of trhe conflict ever.
    Not only because they are 1) mere a show 2) providing the shooters hiding behind them.
    But also that does not show the real issue & the real picture which is (radical and also official palestinian) Islamo Arab terror that started long before that excuse called "occupation".

22. aaa Registered Senior Member

true. the conflict is about 100 years old while the occupation in gaza (which came to an end few months ago) began only in '67.
    i guess the hamas wont give a rest untill israel is wiped out.
    for those people the occupation appears to be in all israel's territory.

23. Foxhound007 A registered voter Registered Senior Member

So what do you see that is proved? Some controversial photographs? and I realize there is more than one side to a story? But I judge on what I have seen. I am no anti semitist, i swear. I have no grudge against any jews or people of any religion. I do, however, dislike Isreal as a state, but do not wish to see its inhabitants "wipe out"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.