Israel, Palestine and the Arab/Israel Conflict

Discussion in 'World Events' started by goofyfish, Jul 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naomi [oxiglycodextrosium] Registered Senior Member

"Regrettable". Right. A soldier shooting a civilian girl, despite there being no bomb, is "regrettable". How touching.

And the forced takeover of Palestinian land by Israeli forces for "a fence to defend against terrorism", defended politically by vehement accusations of the world being on the side of the terrorists when anyone gingerly dares to point out that the land wasn't theirs to begin with, is also something that would be described by your intriguingly liberal interpretation of "regrettable".

What are you, some right-wing Christian who hasn't got a clue?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Undecided Banned Banned

* she was in a closed military zone (i.e. she was not supposed nor expected to be there)

That’s not the point, you missed it again. It’s a habit with you isn’t it.

* soldiers suspected her to be carrying a bomb (tactics used before by terrorists)

I have never heard a 7 year old girl carrying a bomb, mind showing us?

* they shot her, and verified the kill

Not only did they kill her, they went over her body and shot her repeatedly, and that even made the soldiers there feel sick to their stomach. What was it 20 bullets in a defenseless little girl.

* then they came up close enough to see a) it was a little girl, b) she had no bomb

Shocking isn’t it.

the soldier followed proper procedures, though the death of the little girl is obviously regrettable, and not the intended result

The soldier like much of the IDF is sadistic.

So oth how is it being part of the Hamas wing of Israeli politics?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Undecided Banned Banned

More love from Israel:

Yes the state of Israel who signs on to treaties only to ignore them, and what is the end reslt more terrorism against Israeli’s. I really don’t see why all of Israel cannot be as Oth said closed military zone? If he can justify the death of an innocent child in the circumstance then I can easily justify the death of Israeli children because all of Israel is a war zone, thus no laws right oth? I guess using oth’s logic no death in the region is ever wrong. Live with it..

P.S: I am going to pre-empt this one:

Oth would say "Amnesty international is a anti-semitic organization"

No...truth is "anti-semitic", what a sad statement when people think that hating a language means hating a non-existent race.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2004
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. M-16 Registered Militant Registered Senior Member

She was in a close militart zone

Settlers are in Palestinian land, so its ok to shoot them down is it?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Undecided Banned Banned

Well of course if we were to use Oth's logic, settlers are fair game. They are illegally settled on Pal land, and Pals have a right to do whatever they want to them. And since all of Israel, and Palestine is a war zone, there is no distinction on life. So you cannot have it both ways.

9. Naomi [oxiglycodextrosium] Registered Senior Member

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Anti-semitic

Enough with the brainless utterings of how people "misuse" the word anti-semitic.

It is clearly defined below, regardless of what 'semitic' means.

People must be truly mentally challenged to need this repeated to them and still not comprehend. Snap out of the Proud_Muslim mindset and read what people say.

10. Undecided Banned Banned

Enough with the brainless utterings of how people "misuse" the word anti-semitic. It is clearly defined below, regardless of what 'semitic' means.

No it doesn’t actually that is also factually incorrect, firstly Herzl stated that Anti-Semitism should not be confused with religious persecution. So all Jewish persecution prior to Herzl was not Anti-Semitism, A-S is used to connotate that the Jewish people are a racial grouping of people (which is factually incorrect). What do we call those “Jews” who are atheist? According to that definition it cannot be Anti-Semitic, and since most of Israel is atheist…I think you get the point. Our friend oth is an atheist as well, thus what is he? Nothing but a Russian.

11. M-16 Registered Militant Registered Senior Member

Hamas considers all of the Holy Land to be Palestine, so Israelis are living in Palestinian land, so it's ok for Hamas to kill them using Oth's logic.

12. Undecided Banned Banned

It sure is.

13. otheadp Banned Banned

they had pre-teen attackers before
    many times

i can name 3 off hand
    1) a 7-8 year old "palestinian" boy tried to stab an Israeli boy the same age
    2) 3 pre-teens tried to infiltrate a Jewish community in Yesha with knives and guns though were killed by security forces while trying
    3) the 10-yr old carrying a bomb-vest in his bag (unknowingly apparently) to transfer to a waiting party

this "palestinian land" crap - it's not "palestinian land", it's Israeli land.

the IDF's own Chief of Staff reviewed this case, and he found it was satisfactory that no procedures have been violated.
    IDF is the same army who prosecutes soldiers for looting and having trigger-happy fingers.

who cares about the media wave of bullshit ... most of what you think you know was already preditermined in your head before you even read anything.
    i can totally see the soldier standing there over the dead girl's body, probably with a smirk, saying something like "fuck you" and emptying a whole clip, pausing for a second in the middle
    pretty disgusting. probably the same image you have in your head.
    but it's simply not what happened

14. Bells Staff Member

Oth, what did happen is that this soldier went back a second time and emptied his gun in her already dead body. This was a 13 year old girl. Not only did they shoot her from a distance, and while she was lying there, possibly still alive, they didn't pause to check that she was alive or whether she was even armed and dangerous, they shot her again... in the head. The soldier then went back to her body again and emptied his gun in her already dead body. Regrettable and pretty disgusting don't cover it Oth. It doesn't even come close to covering it. This was a 13 year old girl. A baby on her way to school. And a pig of a man shot her twice in the head when she was already lying there either wounded or dead, and then he went back and emptied his automatic gun in her her already lifeless body.

She was also a small child. A little girl who probably didn't even know where she was. She may have wandered in by mistake. Instead of trying to scare her off, she was shot from a long distance. The soldiers could have fired blanks over her head to scare her off. The soldiers could have gotten on a loud speaker and told her to leave. But no, they shot her from 70 metres away and then 'verified the kill' as you so charmingly put it. And how did they verify it? They shot her twice in the head and then one of them emptied his gun in her lifeless little body.

Suspected? So they just killed her even though they weren't sure? My! Talk about shoot first and ask questions later. Why did they suspect she was carrying a bomb? Was her barbie school bag looking a bit full. While the tactics may have been used by terrorists in the past, the soldiers who shot her became the terrorists the moment they pressed that trigger without making sure that she was in fact carrying a bomb. They became barbarians and cold blooded killers when they went back for more shooting practice on her already fallen body. I'm surprised there was much left of her after the bastard emptied his gun into her.

Verified the kill? What was she, an animal hunted during hunting season? How is that that you classify a murderer shooting her twice in the head at close range as 'verifying the kill'? She was already down. Maybe even dead. Possibly still alive. Instead of checking, they merely made sure that the job was complete. And you call that 'veryfying the kill'? Most decent human beings would call it cold blooded murder or an execution. But that wasn't enough. He then went back and shot her until he didn't have any bullets left.

The reports stated that she was shot from 70 metres away in the first place. I'm guessing that if you're taking that kind of shot, that you'd have a scope on your gun. That scope would show that it was a little girl. They would have definitely known that it was a little girl when they approached her body and shot her twice in the head. Don't you think that when he approached her after she'd already been originally shot, the soldier would have seen that it was a little girl? Is he that stupid that he can't tell what a little girl looks like? Even when he had approached her when she was lying there? Maybe further training is needed to teach soldiers to tell the difference between what constitutes a child and an adult? I think they may need it considering how many children they shoot and kill.

Why didn't he check if she was still alive and checked if she was carrying anything dangerous on her body. I'm sure an explosives vest would have stood out on a body that small. He would have seen the bulges. So instead of even checking to see if she was alive, he merely shot her again, in the head to 'verify the kill'. How brave he must have been at that moment. Hero soldier saves the day... shoots baby in the head after she was already lying injured or dead. And then to make sure she's really dead and can't tell on him, he goes back and shoots her again. What brave soldiers Isreal has. Sorry let me rephrase that... What amazing child murderers Isreal has.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2004
  15. Bruce Wayne . Registered Senior Member

There were camers filming the first demos!
    They were filming demonstrations when people thaught it was safe to demonstrate.
    They are now filming the daily dead, Childeren, women, old men.
    The fact that you have no idea these demo's existed and that there are camera's filming the u.s. war crimes is simply proving my point.

L.O.L. So tell me O defender of... Norway, was it? What if the EvilMuslimboogeymen started carpet bomming Oslo, and then killing of dear ones and then continued to take away any hope of freedom in the foreseeable future??

Can you say then that "violence begets violence"? Is it not the NOBLE thing to defend your small family and other loved ones? And what would you trust your own small means, or the benevolence of your agressor.

That's no a problem being concequent shouldn't be that difficult.

:m:

16. Bruce Wayne . Registered Senior Member

"I take it that you must be an American marine then....to have witnessed this."

And no, nothing of the like. There was not resistance. No one was willing to fight. The first unarmed demo was shot at. The second unarmed demo was shot at.

:m:

17. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

Any actual links are appreciated

After they removed Saddam when did they carpet bomb? Who did they carpet bomb? If they did was there anything that triggered that response or did they just need to get rid of some bomb surplus? Again back it up if you can please, thanks. As regards freedom Al Sistani told his followers that they should thank the americans for freeing them and then ask "when are you leaving?" and the shias are the majority in Iraq.

I know this is part of the doctrine of your faith but history in other places has shown that there are other better means of dealing with an enemy that has a decided edge over you in firepower. Were they going around killing people at random before? To pick up a gun and start shooting does beg return fire are you so blind that you cannot see this, for gods sake Bruce look around.

I am consequent, there are better ways to solve most crisis than to pick up a gun and start shooting. Some times it may be neccasary but not often.

What would be inconsistent would be if I said "killing this person was wrong, but it is fine if you kill that person"

Last edited: Oct 19, 2004
  18. surenderer Registered Senior Member

So Path when WOULD violence be an appropiate response? Defending your family? or how about your Homeland? or how about defending your nation against invasion? would those be appropiate times?

19. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

Sure if someone is attacking your family etc but that was not what we had in iraq was it? The violence is getting worse and more people are getting killed as this intensifies.

20. surenderer Registered Senior Member

I think that with 13 years of sanctions....the stealing of Iraqi oil........the killings of 10-15k innocent civilians......all over 9-11 which no Iraqi had anything to do with......I think that is Exactly what we have in Iraq.

21. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

Yeah they are really working on making life better aren't they? Come to think of it why don't you tell me who has killed more of your fellow muslims in Iraq in the last 5 months the freedom fighters supposedly protecting thier homes or US occupation forces?

Here is some freedom fighting from this weekend

more freedom fighters from earlier

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/world/newsid_3194000/3194449.stm
    Attacking iraqis undoubtedly on thier way out to attack and oppress someone's home and kidnap thier children.

http://ap.washingtontimes.com/dynamic/stories/I/IRAQ?SITE=DCTMS&SECTION=HOME
    you know the story there are endless amounts of bombings and iraqis bearing the brunt of it including all those children a few weeks ago. By the way why are the freedom fighters bombing sewage treatment plants and other infrastructure targets that mostly benefit thier own fellow iraqis? Are these really examples of people defending themselves and thier country? But hey if the quran prescribes violence as the best solution to your problem who am I to disagree right.

22. surenderer Registered Senior Member

Cheap Shots and unecessary sarcasm Path

but thats ok....oh yea and Im sure that the US has killed more Iraqi's than anyone else there has. I dont know who is bombing Sewage Plants and why they are but untill those totals match the 10-20k dead from bombings and the 1million from sanctions then your case is weak...you see you cant tell me who is doing the car bombs in Iraq....could be the US to keep the country unstable to justify there presence.....could be Israeli's.......could be Iranians......I somehow doubt it's your ordinary Iraqi who NEEDS these things to survive. I never said that everyone their is fighting as freedom fighters but I do say that I would bet that most of them are. Their are "bad apples" in every bunch(just like in the US military) Why bring Islam into this? This is an occupation topic not a religous one right? does every argument have to fall back into violence in the Koran with you? Since there are no car bombings goin on in the UK or the US right now means that your hate-speech about muslim violence is nothing but parinioa and has no fondation....please remember Path that terrorism isnt something that only happens to YOU the West has supported and directly given plenty of it themselves....since you wanna bring the Koran up though:

2.11] And when it is said to them, Do not make mischief in the land, they say: We are but peace-makers.
    [2.12] Now surely they themselves are the mischief makers, but they do not perceive.

Sounds like the West to me

23. Undecided Banned Banned

i can name 3 off hand
    1) a 7-8 year old "palestinian" boy tried to stab an Israeli boy the same age
    2) 3 pre-teens tried to infiltrate a Jewish community in Yesha with knives and guns though were killed by security forces while trying
    3) the 10-yr old carrying a bomb-vest in his bag (unknowingly apparently) to transfer to a waiting party

Merely telling us means nothing, showing means everything.

this "palestinian land" crap - it's not "palestinian land", it's Israeli land.

LOL! Oh no, in no way is it Israeli land because no on recognizes it as such. Is the Kuril Islands Japanese, even though the Russians own it but the Japanese claim it? Sorry but the green line of 1948 clearly denoted where Israel’s borders would be, her illegal annexation of land in 1967 was just that illegal, and thus not Israeli.

i can totally see the soldier standing there over the dead girl's body, probably with a smirk, saying something like "fuck you" and emptying a whole clip, pausing for a second in the middle
    pretty disgusting. probably the same image you have in your head.
    but it's simply not what happened

How do we know, the soldiers that were there were disgusted at the actions of the soldier. It was on the CBC, I don’t have time to look for it. Obviously he took much enjoyment in shooting up a girl 20 times! Why did he shoot her 20 times at close range? That’s Masochism if anything else; please oth the IDF is not mother Teresa incarnate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.