Israel approves plan to uproot 30,000 Bedouin

Discussion in 'Politics' started by S.A.M., Sep 11, 2011.

1. arfa brane call me arf Valued Senior Member

Almost. The UN does not confer any state with the right to form an exclusive state of their own.
    This is because every state includes minorities, which are also protected by the same rights of self-determination. Israel is not the first nor the only state that has tried to establish a non-inclusive society.

But it does so whilst it loudly proclaims it's a democracy, which is a lie. It's raison d'etre is the Jewish religion, which is exclusive by definition. It lies to the world, in much the same way the Nazis lied to the world, which suggests it has quite different intentions than democracy.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It's trying to bring them into the fold, not exclude them. They should try to assimilate into the country of their choosing.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Nothing in there says that you can't have a nation-state where nationality is defined in ethnic terms. That very declaration was drafted and signed exactly by a collection of many such states.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

The UN doesn't confer any state with any rights. It is not the source of the rights of states or nations. That's backwards. Nations are held to have inherent rights, and it is the UN's recognition and defense of such that is the source of its legitimacy.

At the international level, the only entities which posess the right to self-determination are nations.

Exactly - there is quite a collection of exclusivist ethnic nation-states that have been UN members since its founding. This is what the geopolitical order is made of.

Plenty of nation-states exist to foster nations with exclusivist ideas about who gets to be in the nation. Damn near every state in the Middle East, for example.

There's another perfect example of a Godwin violation, right there. Get a fucking grip, or go back to your sandbox and leave politics to the adults.

8. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

dear god how many times are you going to repeat this asinine nonsense. all of yours ideas have been debunked time and time again.

9. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

only because your the one benefiting.

10. arfa brane call me arf Valued Senior Member

But how many of them claim to be peace-loving democracies? Israel certainly has lied, to the world and its people, about its democratic peace-loving intentions. That's a big difference. China, however, has never claimed any such thing; China doesn't need to fool the rest of the world the way Israel thinks it does. Middle Eastern countries don't claim to be democracies either, except for Turkey most of them aren't. Turkey has a history too, of oppression of minorities; most Western democracies do too.

Israel's shine is starting to fade though. You should read what people have to say about Israel's faux democracy on other forums
    Who the fuck is Godwin, and why the fuck should I give a fuck what he says?
    I've never met him (and I'm only supposing it's a him, I have no idea and I don't want to have one). He hasn't met me or ever told me anything.

You should learn how to stop hiding behind someone else's fucked up opinion.
    Here's another opinion, from a famous movie star-cum-politician: "Fuck you, asshole".

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

How is it "bringing them into the fold" to uproot Bedouins from their homes and transport them into overcrowded Bedouin towns which lack the infrastructure, space, amenities and municipal apparatus supplied to nearby Jewish enclaves? What kind of "fold" is that?

So what "fold" are they being "brought" into here?

12. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Dear Goddess, you are mistaken.

1. Discriminating against Islam is not racism. In fact race does not exist. It is descrimination, just not racism.
    2. Many Palestinians were Jewish and converted to Islam. That is a fact.
    3. Most Muslims will tell you that Mohammad** destroyed the polytheistic idols in the Ka'ba. It's called religious discrimination and it's exactly what is happening to the Muslims in Israel. Not racism, religious discrimination. If you're going to deal with the problem, religion, you need to make that clear first and foremost. Not that anyone is going to.
    4. How many Synagogues, Hindu Temples, Buddhist Temples are there in Mecca? Go on, do tell. Again, it's called religious descrimination.

Please state which of the four have been "debunked".

That aside, this seems like a clear case of religious descrimination of a type that has been ongoing for litterally thousands of years and will continue to be ongoing for as long as we have these types of religions.

** NOTE: Mohammad being a literary creation, hence the word myth. As there is no contemporary evidence such a person ever existed and good contemporary evidence the word Mohammad was juat that - a Noun, a Title for Jesus to be exact. This also is a fact as we have the contemporary Syrian coins - which, unlike evidence for Mohammad the person, do exist.

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

You have it backwards, their current situation is without infrastructure because many of them are squatters.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

And how is this situation improved by bulldozing their homes and denying them infrastructure where they live while transporting them to Bedouin towns which are overcrowded and also lack infrastructure?

15. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

So your issue is not with the actual politics, but with how countries present themselves? That's pretty superficial and pointless.

Is that what you think?

Haven't they?

/facepalm

Google is your friend, newb.

Impressive stuff.

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

How do you know they lack infrastructure if they haven't been built yet?

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Reports from human rights organisations - for example this one:

see full report here [pdf]: http://www.adva.org/uploaded/NegevEnglishSummary.pdf

And this one:

http://blogs.oxfam.org/en/blog/10-02-16-bedouin-squatters-their-own-land

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

OK, you have made your point. If this plan proceeds like any of the past plans, it will not be fair to the Bedouin, it seems they are treated like second class citizens.

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Still, it's better than a Jew living in Palestine:

PLO ambassador says Palestinian state should be free of Jews

Such a state would be the first to officially prohibit Jews or any other faith since Nazi Germany, which sought a country that was judenrein, or cleansed of Jews, said Elliott Abrams, a former U.S. National Security Council official. ​

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Is it? Jews living in Palestine are called Israelis. Historic Palestine that is. In future, though, Jews living in the state of Palestine would probably be more welcome than any non-Jewish Germans in Israel. How many of those are there?

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Apparently Jews won't be allowed to live in a future Palestinian state at all.

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I have no doubt that Jews will be dying for a Palestinian citizenship as soon as the state is declared. It can be part of the negotiations where Palestinian refugees who want to return to their ancestral lands in present day Israel can be exchanged for Jews who wish to live on their biblical lands in Palestine. But, thats all in the future subject to negotiations. Meanwhile we still face the conditions under which Bedouins transported from their villages into state ghettos are living. One way to ensure that Jews in the future state of Palestine are treated well might be to treat Palestinians in Israel well, don't you think?

How do you think Jews would receive being treated like the Bedouins in Israel? Squashed into ghettos with limited access to economic advancement or employment or education?

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Frankly, I don't think it would make a difference.

I don't think they would like it. I'm certainly not trying to justify it.