Is "Xev" fit to be a moderator?

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by WildBlueYonder, Apr 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think that as a "moderator", Xev continues to act her childish self, I think that her cussing & taunting should at a minimum result in her losing this position. She acts like a child, not an adult, therefore, why should she have adult responsibilities? Banish her to the masses of Sciforums, like the rest of us. Let some more mature person take the reins.
    Is she moderate, is she fair & balanced?

Again, I ask the question:

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

The views and opinions she holds do not matter seeing as she does not bring them into use when moderating. If she kept that information to herself would it be better than for you? Also she does not have the ability to see who is white or black when moderating even is she was a KKK member of the month.

Also to what is the degree of her racist beliefs? She does not seem like a racist who hates by assciation or out of sheer ignorance?

As a moderator of an internet forum where physical identities do not matter I doubt she moderates with ill will towards certain races.

Also

Did you even attempt to understand what she really means when she proclaims she is a racist?

Now give us real reasons to ban her.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. so, a self-proclaimed racist isn't enough for you?
    also, please re-read my post, I did not suggest banning, only that she is not fit to be a moderator, so that she loses that position

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

But why? She does not go around celebrating this fact.

Also what is your definition of a racist in the context of this thread? She isn't your usual racist IMO.

8. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

I don't like black people either, so what's your point?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Racists are people too.

If she keeps it out of her moderation, why worry?

Additionally, it has long been decided that her "childish self" isn't enough to unseat her.

I'd swear we've been through this before.

10. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Plenty of the moderators are specists but i don't see anyone kicking up a stink about that.

11. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

I feel like I've been thrown through a time-warp, Rocky Horror Picture Show style.

12. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

yes she does. Just read the quote.

13. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Everybody is racist, elitist or separatist to a degree, but not everybody is astute enough or indeed honest enough, to admit it.

14. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

No, not everybody is a racist.

Also racism is against the law in many civilized countries.

15. Xev Registered Senior Member

spuriousmonkey:
    A society that legislates the personal opinions of its citizens cannot be termed "civilized". To that end, the ability of a democracy to tolerete and even celebrate opinions contrary to popular belief is one of democracy's strengths.

But how would you know? An authoritarian hiding under a democratic system too decent to shove you into the ovens. You should be ashamed of yourself.

I love these threads.

16. Spyke Registered Senior Member

Which begs the question 'is Sciforums a civilized country?', which draws us to the more important question of 'who gives a shit?' I tend to doubt Xev will abuse her moderator powers becaue of her self-confessed racial attitude. If anything, she will abuse that power because she's a ruthless bitch.

17. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Who here IS fit to be a moderator?

What so-called 'credentials' should one possess to be qualified as a moderator?

18. Bells Staff Member

Xev and I have had our differences, many differences. However, I've never seen her discriminate against another member because of their race. She discriminates for other reasons

She admits to being a racist? So what? At least she admits it. At least she's honest enough to admit it. From what I've seen she only admits to being a purist (sp?) and wants to preserve the pure breed, regardless of the ethnicity of the breed. Other members on here discriminate against others because of their ethnicity, and it is they who should be classified as being racist in the true form.

There is a vast difference between wanting to maintain the diversity amongst the masses and discriminating because of ones ethnicity, breed or colour. Would one even classify the wanting to preserve the diversity of each group as a racist? One wouldn't think so.

19. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Why is there not a poll for this???
    There should be three questions:
    Yes Xev is not worthy of being a moderator (impeach Xex)
    Yes Xev is a wacko, but still a OK moderator (Do no impeach Xev)
    No Xev is alright as a person and moderator (Do not impeach Xev)

present your evidence for impeaching her, I advice much more then what you have now.

20. Four points:
    1) racists should not moderate open forums, their judgement is in question, will they ban, edit, delete stuff they don't aagree with? will they hold others to different standards?
    2) you should not be a moderator either
    3) if all the moderators are racist here, that would qualify Sciforums as a "HATE" site
    4) we're all black to begin with, just some are more mutated than others

Anomonimity does not negate responsibility, hiding behind your 'nom de Net" does not abrogate civility, so, ask yourself, if you feel comfortable telling all your black co-workers your true feelings? No? or do you hide behind a hood?

I wonder if many blacks feel welcome here at Sciforums?

21. WANDERER Banned Banned

I think we should ban all haters.
    Let's start with those that hate racists and go from there.
    But then that would leave nobody....

I, personally, support the banishment of Xev.
    She clearly displayed a prejudice against peacocks once to me and all birds with beautiful colorful plumage.
    She obviously has a problem with all color.
    We need colorblind moderators.

On a serious note.
    See the biggest problem with Democracy is that it gives morons a vote.
    Next thing we’ll see is a complete an utter idiot holding office…..wait…..that already happened.

22. racism is hate, why do you defend it?

23. Xev Registered Senior Member

WANDERER:
    I counter-propose that I be let off with a spanking.

The entity calling itself "Wanderer" has repeatedly made racist, incendiary and misanthropic remarks that may have hurt somone's feelings at some point. It is obvious that Wanderer is a vile, elitist scumbag and should be banned from sciforums forever. Besides, he makes the baby jesus cry.

Randolfo:
    How is the judgement of a racist automatically in question?

Correct. I propose that Wanderer be made Grand Imperial Poo-Bah of the Universe.

Explain how racism equals hate?
    I am a racist. One of my earliest friends was African American, and I've had several very fertile friendships with Asiatics. This would all be very difficult had I hated any of them for their race.
    I am an elitist, and elitism quite the opposite of bigotry. I am a racist, but this does not imply that I despise anyone for the simple fact of their race. If anything, elitism is quite inclusive - if one is up to snuff, then one is accepted regardless of race.

Not in the modern sense of "black"

What's wrong with hatred?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.