Is US Becoming a Third World Country?

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by TruthSeeker, Dec 20, 2004.

?

Is US becoming a third world country?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    36.2%
  2. No

37 vote(s)
    63.8%
  1. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

newsong
    I think the Prince of these forums is going to sit you down and have a long talk about what's wrong with thread necromancy.
    Truthseeker
    I hope not.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

What you state is no doubt true, but not the whole story. You need to understand that the US unemployment statistics include only those people who are trying to find employment, not all the "unemployed." Also there are many who are neither "unemployed" nor counted as "employed" - for example, your neighborhood bookie, the guy selling pot (largest cash crop in California!) the "lady" walking the streets every evening or if higher class waiting in hotel, etc.

Has any one seen a good estimate of what percent of US's potential labor force is not "properly working"? - I bet it is well above Germany's even when the German rate is also corrected for their "not properly working." - There are some problems with making this correction, as what is a "proper job" in Germany is not same as in US. For example, most German whore houses are not only "proper," but at least one is listed on the stock exchange! - For fun I almost tried to buy a share about 5 years ago when it was first listed. - Anyone know if they give discounts to share holders?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2007
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Roman Banned Banned

And I think you're an idiot.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Roman Banned Banned

Actually, I think the Prince is just going to shout.

8. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Thread Necromancy caused an estimated 100,000 deaths last year. BE careful.

9. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

Yes, and that number's expected to go up this year if we don't do something to prevent it.