Is univesity of Pheonix a good option for me?

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by Dissonance, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Dissonance Registered Senior Member

I'm 22 and I need to finish up college, but I might need to stick with my job.

I work as a shift manager at a fast food restaurant (franchise-owned McDonalds). I know it's not a very good paying job, but I think its good experience and hopefully will look good on a resume when I start my career. I'll be going for a business major.

I might not be able to keep my job if I go to college (the University of MN) for the school year, so I'm considering online classes. I looked into it and found out that the University of Phoenix has the same accreditation as other colleges, but I'm afraid that employers might not take a degree from there as seriously as a degree from the U of M.

Any suggestions?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Degrees in business are not worth much frankly, and even engineering is less important in world where almost everything is designed and manufactured in mercantilist Asia.

You can thank BOTH political parties for selling your future out to 'free trade'.

Observe carefully how these young Americans are applying their very expensive university education on the streets of New Orleans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXpwAOHJsxg&feature=g-all-u

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dissonance Registered Senior Member

That may very well be true, but I already have 2 years done, so I want to at least finish up and get my Bachelors. Anyone know if Pheonix is an ok choice?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.