Is Trump a creationist?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dinosaur, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

Trump appointed Jerry Falwell Jr, to lead a panel on reform in higher education.

Falwell is biblical creationist who denies evolution.

Trump seems to have an impressive education, making me wonder about his views on evolution.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Please tell me this is from the Onion and not real...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. karenmansker HSIRI Banned

UOTE="Dinosaur, post: 3447653, member: 5373"]Trump appointed Jerry Falwell Jr, to lead a panel on reform in higher education.

Falwell is biblical creationist who denies evolution.

Trump seems to have an impressive education, making me wonder about his views on evolution.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like faulty reasoning. The OP lead is that Trump is a creationist. You have not proven this to be factual. That he appointed Falwell, who admittedly IS a creationist, does NOT PROVE that Trump is also. You're a scientist (a real one I hope!) and should know better than jumping to such conclusions. Another alternate 'conclusion' might be that POTUS is attempting to be 'inclusive' . . . isn't that what his opponents accuse him of NOT being?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

He probably is, because he's a fucking idiot. And it doesn't even matter, because he doesn't care about truth in education or anything else.

DrKrettin likes this.
  8. karenmansker HSIRI Banned

um-m-m-m-m let me unscientifically jump to a conclusion here, Spidy . . . . you lean to the Left . . . . right?

9. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

Reply to Origin Post #2
    Sorry it is from an article in the Philadelphia Inquirer for Wednesday, 5 April 2017.

I was disappointed when I read the article.

I supported Trump mainly because I am very suspicious of career politicians, who I rank as better than petty thieves.

In one of his novels, Asimov quotes a fictional politician as saying
    There is no doubt in my mind that almost all politicians are primarily focused on winning the next election for themselves or their party.

In modern times Reagan, Goldwater, & Stevenson might have been the only exceptions to the above view, with the Kennedy family being another possible exception. In the 1800's there were some statesmen like Clay who said I'd rather be right than be president (he never was president).

10. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Since when has Trump been "inclusive"? Personally, I don't believe Trump is a creationist. Given his behaviors, I don't think he is even religious. I think he is an opportunist, and creationists are a critical and sizable portion of his base. That's probably why he favors creationists in his appointments.

11. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

KarenMansker: You are the one jumping to conclusions without carefully reading what others Post.

I did not state that I believed Trump to be a Creationist, although I think he is.

Note that the title of my Post is a question
    In that Post my remarks were
    As mentioned above, I think that Trump is an anti-evolution creationist, but did not explicitly claim that I was sure of his views on evolution.

12. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

BTW: The fossil record provides the facts of evolution. Consider Eohippus to modern horse & early primates to modern Homo Sapiens.

Those who deny the Darwinian Theory of Evolution should be required to provide an alternative explanation of those facts.

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Ted Cruz called him a pathological liar. Is he a leftist?

joepistole likes this.
  14. geordief Valued Senior Member

Even morons can only believe so many stupid ideas.Creationism might be a step too far.

15. arfa brane call me arf Valued Senior Member

Perhaps El Trumpo wants as many uneducated young people in Americastan as possible. With a curriculum that includes creationism, that's at least a start.

Or he's just pandering to the Christian right--he's gonna need supporters in his future, assuming he has one that doesn't include a stay in Leavenworth.

16. billvon Valued Senior Member

No, it didn't say that.