Is this true?

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by GRO$$, Mar 13, 2002.

1. Tyler Registered Senior Member

"Do not get me wrong here. To my line of thought it is still the best system going and we live under it's umbrella of influence."

Better than Switzerland?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

goofyfish,

Gimme a brake!
    Everyone knows that!
    Now you are saying that the democracy in the US is the ideal democracy!?!? If you think it is... it's not worth discuss nothing with you because you can't even judge what's the difference between the real democracy created in the ancient Greece and this "democracy" we have today!

Please... think about it. Not everything needs documented proofs. A little bit of common sense and you get it...

Love,
    Nelson

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

I was just checking to see if you might have experienced some type of intellectual epiphany over the weekend. Apparently not.
    And for you, nothing needs documented proofs.

Peace.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I won't even discuss with you...
    There are too many people that want to listen...
    You can find what I told you in other threads and perhaps even in this one... I think GRO$$ once told something about that...

Love,
    Nelson

8. Xev Registered Senior Member

Nelson:

Yes, the real, slaveholding democracy in ancient Greece that denied women the right to vote.

My country is far from perfect. And, as Tyler noted, there are countries that are more democratic, but we are a whole lot fucking better than that!

Actually, when you smear my country, when you compare it to the USSR, you had better have very good fucking documented proofs.

Gro$$: Perhaps you wish to back your statement up? Oh no? Pity that.

9. Tyler Registered Senior Member

You know truthseeker I'm starting to like your style.

I'm right
    I don't need to prove it
    You can figure it out yourself
    End of discussion

Is there any way to loose with this formula? You must feel pretty good about your logic seeing as you leave no room for debate!

Hey Xev, now let's be fair about the perfect democracy as truthseeker sees it in Greece. I mean, it's not like we need anyone more than old men to vote, right? And people are just pieces or property!

As for your pitiful link of CCCP communism to American democracy? How about you show us some comparisons? Or at least give us a time period to look at? Because, as you the genius obviously know (I don't even have to state this as I guarantee you are already incredibly knowledgeable on political sciences and history), there were very different times in the Soviet Union.

Are you talking Lenin-era? Stalin? Or after? And are you relation those times to current times in the U.S. or the mirrored times in the U.S.? And exactly what aspects of these times? ........

I'm hoping you are starting to see how us simple minded people are unable to read your thoughts and know instinctively what exactly you are thinking. Some of us just aren't that smart or magical.

Maybe I can't read your mind because I'm using my brain instead of my essense?

By the way. Did you know that giant 24 long, winged giraffe-rhinos with 8 legs and an invicibility cloak live on an inner circle of pluto? What's that, you don't believe me? You say I need proof? Bah, if you had any logic, you'd be able to see this yourself.

Or maybe you just haven't looked deep enough in to see it.,

10. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Xev,

I'm starting to doubt...
    I won't blame your country here... I'm already tired of that...

US democracy is no better than USSR communism. Both were created by awesome people who wanted more equality to people and YOU all turn it into junk. A brilliant brazillian guy invent the airplane. You use it at war. A brilliant scientist discover the nuclear power. You use it to kill people. I'm sick of it. You are no different than your government. Goodbye.

Tyler,

Being arrogant and not accepting what I show you is your choice.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I'm not talking about the practical communism!! I'm talking about the ideological!!! I'm talking about the idea Karl Markx had!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ABOUT THE DEMOCRACY AND THE COMMUNISM, I'M TALKING ABOUT THE IDEOLOGICAL , NOT THE PRACTICAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*sights*

IN MY POSTS I TALK ABOUT CONCEPTS, NOT FACTS! I CAN'T GIVE ANY DOCUMENTAL FACT ABOUT IT BECAUSE IT'S A CONCEPT NOT A FACT!!

I hope you understood now... :bugeye:

Love,
    Nelson

11. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Santos Dumont? Sorry.

The first airplane was invented by Sir George Cayley in 1799, in the United Kingdom. Santos was not even born for another 50-odd years. Gotta hate those pesky little facts. In 1909 Wilbur Wright honored Cayley the following words: "About 100 years ago, an Englishman… carried the science of flight to a point which it had never reached before and which it scarcely reached again during the last century."

Peace.

12. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

goofyfish,

I never heard this before...

Where are the proofs??

Love,
    Nelson

13. Xev Registered Senior Member

14. Tyler Registered Senior Member

So what you're saying is that America has done to ideal Democracy what CCCP did to ideal communism?

Wow, amazing, isn't it, how that can be still proven?

You're so dumb it blows my mind. I can not even comprehend it. Does someone else type for you?

Here, perhaps I should tell you how to prove your point.

Step 1: Tell us what the characteristics of Marxist communism are
    Step 2: Tell us what the characteristics of ideal Democracy are
    Step 3: Show us how CCCP communism differed from Marxism
    Step 4: Show us how U.S. Democracy differs from ideal Democracy
    Step 5: Show how these are similar.

Is this a simple enough instruction manual?????

By the way, your theory is flawed in the very beginning. USSR communism was based on Marxist-Lenin theory, NOT just Marx. So obviously, as any moron could tell you, it will differ from Marxist communism.

By the way (part 2), ideal communism/democracy are still documented things so you can show them, genius.

15. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Truthseeker: Study our constitution. Canada is surprisngly un-democratic in ways.

And our nation is not the best political nation on Earth either, though I would certainly argue it's MUCH better than the U.S.

16. Tyler Registered Senior Member

"US democracy is no better than USSR communism. Both were created by awesome people who wanted more equality to people and YOU all turn it into junk. A brilliant brazillian guy invent the airplane. You use it at war. A brilliant scientist discover the nuclear power. You use it to kill people. I'm sick of it. You are no different than your government. Goodbye."

The originators of American democracy wanted equality to all people? Ohhhhhhhhhh, you meant equality to anyone who isn't black, jewish, chinese, female...
    It's a beautiful equality; "All white, heterosexual males are equal!"

Just so that you know, communism did not originate with Marx. Him and Engels just wrote the first manifesto.

"Being arrogant and not accepting what I show you is your choice."

I agree. I am ignorant. I need evidence to believe things. Guess I'm just a dumby.

17. Xev Registered Senior Member

Tyler:
    No, MY country is better.

That out of the way, you are right. Canada is superior in several ways, most notably history and the treatment of the Native population.....but you do not have (correct me if I am wrong) as deeply entrenched principles of freedom of speech.

http://fxi.org.za/update/9504/html3.html

(Yeah, and your Charter of Rights and Freedoms explitly mentions God - ours just waffles around with 'Nature's God' - NYAH!)

Not even. They had to own property.

Some were more equal than others.

18. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Canada's treatment of natives has been pitiful. Of course, so has the U.S.!
    We've both been brutal in that area. Canada has been better, but not a heck of a lot, I'd say.

Our freedom of speech is actually better than the U.S. Largely because our nation is less blindly patriotic (some say due to immigration) there's more freedom of speech allowed. You guys are a lot more prude about things too (that's not to say we're not prude compared to other nations!), especially political things. In general I'd say our freedom of speech is more out there and definetly more encouraged. Remember that kid in New York who got banned for starting a club in his high school to protest against America attacking Afghanistan? I don't believe anything like that happened here.

I actually spent a year of schooling in the States. Your guys history text books are a disgrace. As I'm sure you know.

Then again, anyone who's seen Ontario's new Civics text book would notice how the whole thing is "Yay Democracy! There is no other option! Everyone else is evil!"

Like 180 pages and 160 on democracy, 8 on ancient governments, 7 on modern asian/african governments, 5 on Nazi's. And, oh, 2 sentances on communists.

19. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Oh yeah, and our nation is significantly less God oriented! There's more diversity (especially in Ontario) and less religious people. Or, less Christians I should say. More of other religions in respect to population.

20. Xev Registered Senior Member

Tyler:

Yeah, we are definitly more blindly patriotic. I don't notice as much of that when I visit Canada. And religion - you ignore it! One can actually buy things on Sunday evening!

As for our textbooks, I (mercifully) escaped public high schooling here. But I've looked over a couple.

Russian revolution? Bad Bolshevicks kill the Czar, a paragraph or two devoted to America's brief intervention, with no word on how bloody stupid that action was.

Veitnam? They spend more time talking about the Iranian hostage crisis than they do about the Veitnam war!

Intervention in Central America? Perhaps a half-page on Grenada.

The only good thing they have going for them is the fact that the newer textbooks talk about the Native American culture more. Oh yeah, and the Revolution isn't as much "Good Patriots, Bad Brits" - they show how complex it actually was.

21. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Our textbooks are starting to become more like yours, though are certainly not at that level yet. In Ontario there was this whole sentiment going around taht Canadians don't know engouh about Canadian history (which is, incidentally, true. The problem is, it's ADULT Canadians that don't know enough, not the soon-to-be Canadian adults. So the adults figure, hey, if we dont know enough, and surely nothing has changed since we were in high school in history class, we ned to change history class to be more Canadian!) and it ruined a lot of stuff.

I think our two sentances on commie's in the 'Civics: Government Studies' text book were:

- Hitler and the Nazi's were strongly opposed to the Communists in Europe, as they felt Communists were destroying German culture.
    and
    - In 1917 a revolution began which saw Russia become a Communist nation

oh and there was a small mentioning of the cold war. I walked out of a class once because of this conversation I had with my teacher.
    Mr. F - Can anyone tell me what the main aspects of the cold war were?
    Tyler - Arms race and espionage.
    F - No I'm sorry, espionage was not part of the cold war.
    T - Actually, it was. In fact, it was one of the major parts. There was a massive thing in Ottawa when a Soviet spy turned himself in.
    F - No espionage was not a part of the cold war.
    T - What are you talking about??? Just 12 years ago there were still 49 spy rings up in the Soviet Union???
    F - Listen kid, if you're gonna argue with me you might as well leave. I know what I'm talking about.

At this point I stand up, look around for a second and then walk out.

The teacher was an economics teacher. He didn't even know history.

Then again, when I tried to comment on U.S. concentration camps for Natives in an American History class (in the U.S.) I got thrown out for trying to spread lies about America.

The good thing about topics like Vietnam and Iraq and Greece to us is that we didn't do the bad stuff! We were more like an observer. So we have less to be ashamed off, therefore they tell us more.

22. Tyler Registered Senior Member

"As you are not in the pseudoscience arena, please provide factual evidence of this statement. What do you cite as the parallels?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gimme a brake!
    Everyone knows that!
    Now you are saying that the democracy in the US is the ideal democracy!?!? If you think it is... it's not worth discuss nothing with you because you can't even judge what's the difference between the real democracy created in the ancient Greece and this "democracy" we have today!

Please... think about it. Not everything needs documented proofs. A little bit of common sense and you get it...

Love,
    Nelson"

So let me get this straight. "What do you cite as the parallels?" is not polite enough for you. But you can reply with "Gimme a brake...." and be polite? (besides the fact that you seem to have many errors in your English).

I had a good laugh the other night trying to picture you in a real debate form. "I'm sorry, I can not justify your question with a response as if you had any common sense you would already see it my way. End of discussion"
    now we have
    "Gimme a brake (break?), it's not worth discussing with you 'cause you ain't polite enough."

23. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Tyler,

I don't speak English for a long time...

It's simple...

Pay attention...

In an ideal democracy, everyone votes in every decision of the society. It's a direct democracy.

In the US democracy, you have a representative democracy where a person that represents the people vote in their behalf. It would be ok if people in the US weren't obscessed (is that correct...?) by money and power. What happen, is that the person elected to represent people is allways an asshole which only acts on his or hers own behalf.

Want an example? George Bush...

There you are...

Love,
    Nelson