Is there GOD?

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by draqon, Apr 10, 2007.

?

Does God exist?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    35.7%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    64.3%
  1. draqon Banned Banned

Does God exist?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. VitalOne Banned Banned

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Singularity Banned Banned

Please VOTE NO in the Poll,

Or else prove it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

If the yes votes must prove it, shouldn't the no votes prove their stance as well?

'God' is an afterthought, a sidebar. If something happens that we can't explain or don't want to accept, we attribute to 'God' and his mysterious ways. Even if a mundane explanation is staring us in the face, we want so badly to attribute it to 'God' that we will ignore the obvious. For example, a woman has some unexpected guests, old friends. She just knows she doesn't have enough food on hand to provide a decent lunch for them, so she prays to 'God' for a miracle. Rooting through her cupboard, she finds enough food. It must be 'God'! Like she couldn't possibly have simply misjudged how much she had on hands, or in her desperation to feed her friends gotten creative with making the ingredients stretch.

I am related many such similar instances as proof, but have yet to encounter a convincing argument.

8. Singularity Banned Banned

Absence of Requirement of Evidence is not Evidence of Requirement of God.

Just because we cant prove that there is no god doesnt mean that there is one.

9. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

What I just can't figure out is ....if you don't believe in god, then why must you make a big deal about it with those who do? If people want to believe in god, or anything else, why should it make any difference to you?

If you don't believe in god ....great. If you do believe in god ...great.

What harm does either belief cause?

Baron Max

10. Grantywanty Registered Senior Member

That's an absurd request.
    One can know certain things, absolutely, that one cannot prove. (that one is feeling pain in one's foot, for example)
    One also can be quite correct to believe in something one cannot prove.
    How many people here think they can prove evolution, that black holes exist, etc?

11. Grantywanty Registered Senior Member

You said that one should vote No if one cannot prove there is a God. This means you think it is fine to make assertions one cannot prove if you agree with them, or you think your intuition about the liklihood of something being true or not is so good everyone should listen to you.

12. Yorda Registered Senior Member

We can't prove that God exists, therefore God exists.

If you don't agree, prove me wrong.

13. Singularity Banned Banned

The problem is that it affects my way of life. Whereever i go i have to confront with morons that throw crap at u all the time, the crap of hopeless baseless beliefs.

The only way to deal with these people to eradicate them by being Atheist Evangelist and thats only possible if we attack these prehistoric living antics and smoke them out of their dark caves of misbeliefs.

Just look at the polls, a few years ago 6 vote for No to god was impossible, things are changing but lot of thought wars will have to be fought to get rid of the junk memes.

14. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

I voted yes as by my definition of God it exists.

15. VitalOne Banned Banned

If you vote no you should also explain why by proving a positive (not disproving a negative)....

16. Singularity Banned Banned

Get up from your seat,

now look at it

and try to prove that there is no lizard sitting on it.

17. draqon Banned Banned

I really am not looking for proofs. Just answer the question.

18. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

because those that dont believe in god think they are going to die, and then they will never exist again in any way shape or form, and it has left a deep seeded impact in their minds, now they are scared and lashing out, and some people dont like others living in a sugar coated fairy tale with inner peace because they have to live with a heavenless life with no god.

there are other reasons also but it mainly stems from fear of not existing, and maybe bieng lied to as a child and later on they come to the conclusion that there is no god and cant handle it.

i think there probably is some sort of godlike thing, but who knows.

i just like the mystery but it can be scary.

peace.

19. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

singularity is just angry inside and scared deep down, forgive him.

the first step is admitting it.

peace.

20. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

deep down singularity you would like there to be a god though wouldent you.

dont let religion and holy books make you think that gods existence is impossible, because they are all made and written by the hand of man wich is corrupt and mostly wrong.

you dont have to be religious to believe in a god like entity existing.

i hope you find peace one day and stop bieng so angry at everything because it will eventualy catch up with you and make you a very bitter and unhappy person,

peace.

21. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

ps, sorry for ruining your thread dragon and turning it into a religious debate, i will shut up now

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. draqon Banned Banned

Don't be like that. That's not what I meant.

23. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Dear god, Jesus almighty... why did anyone here vote YES?!