Is there a afterlife

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by sidalby, Jan 18, 2007.

?

What happens after we die?

1. Nothing. This life is all there is.

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. We have eternal life in some kind of "afterlife".

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. We are reborn as a different person or animal.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. sidalby Registered Member

How many times do we get reborn? or is this life the only chance we get?
    I think most people believe in God because of the promise of life here after. I believe eternal life takes the form of memories, i can picture in my mind and hear the voices of my dead parents when ever i choose to think of them, so in my mind they are still here and always will be. Is that not eternal Life.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

Eternal life for your parents? So when you die their eternal life stops being eternal?
    There is no evidence of an afterlife.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. nds1 Registered Senior Member

I know this. I would rather be conscious than non-existant. I'm not terrified of being non-existant, but I would definetly rather be conscious, and living, than non-existant. I don't know why. Maybe it is the survival mechinism of the brain or something.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Welcome to sciforums. I am an atheist, so believing in reincarnation of the body is foreign to my understanding. However, I do believe in genetic memory. When I think of my deceased parents, their memory lingers. When I think about my deceased great great grandparents whom I never knew in my lifetime, it feels as if I had known them, and I can imagine what I think they would have been like, but that's not based in reality. This thing called genetic memory encodes on the genes of generations to come, so there must be some validation to it. I don't know enough about it to explain it, but there's so much about the mind that we don't understand. I believe that I inherited genetic memory from my ancestors and passed it along to my children and grandchildren. Those future grandchildren and great grandchildren whom I will never know will have some kind of idea who I was and who my ancestors were.

It's an interesting subject, and I would like to learn more about it. I read once in a new age type of book that reincarnated beings are reincarnated within their own families. That's what I would call genetic memory.

8. Boss Foxx I piss excellence. Registered Senior Member

I'm gonna put $5 on there being no afterlife.

9. draqon Banned Banned

10. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Yeah cool.. life part II (tm).

Cmon please.. its stupid.

11. draqon Banned Banned

sure deal...just reboot yourself. Its easy.....