Is the essence of Buddhist philosophy meaning the Escape From Nature?

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by duendy, Oct 9, 2005.

1. duendy Registered Senior Member

on what? trying to turn me onto Buddhism?
    snippin and pastin?
    or both?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Braindamage I presume. Clearly a medical condition, water.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. duendy Registered Senior Member

me::for those with any insight.
    as i said, right from the beginning, these followers gang up, judge, abuse people, and then disown their OWN behaviour

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

And as I said before: seek your fleas elsewhere.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I'm not a buddhist, just a guy who's interested in mythologies. So your follower argument is flawed.
    For instance, I know about christianity more than most christians do, but that doesn't make me a christian.

8. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Duendy,

I am certainly not trying to "turn you onto Buddhism" (now here's a thought!).

You have asked some questions, and I have happened to know some answers to them, so I joined this discussion.

It would be nice and practical if you'd learn to post properly. Many people have asked you that before. It is often difficult to read your posts, as your replies are intermingled with the post you quoted, and some things also get lost.

But I won't argue with you anymore.

9. duendy Registered Senior Member

.........i would like to know what you know about christianity. did Jesus exist? what does te resurrection man?....tis is exciting for me. i have never met anyone before who knows SO much about Christianity (yes. sarcasm, but i'm still intrested)

10. duendy Registered Senior Member

we weren't arguing. though you DID lose your temper bout me composition...naughty girl

11. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

There is another one too: Every wolf suffers fleas, t'is easy enough to scratch.
    I have no favourite one, they're all the same when one looks under the hood - same functions, same heroes under many names. The Sandinavian ones are the most interesting to read though (for me).
    And I follow no gods, they're just metaphors that describe some dynamic of the universe.
    They are there to find them in yourself and get past them to a higher level of awareness/consciousness.
    No, you are not. Children enjoy living in another quality than the adults.
    Yes, but not as the christian church tells it.
    Spiritual rebirth.

This is a thread about buddhism though, christianity is for the religion section of this forum.

12. water the sea Registered Senior Member

You yet have to see me lose my temper.

13. duendy Registered Senior Member

whats it? bigger caps and in red??

14. duendy Registered Senior Member

i know. its a shame init?

15. water the sea Registered Senior Member

He he. Khhh.

16. ellion Magician & Exorcist (93) Registered Senior Member

i thought buddhism was a system of personal development. a system of personal development which goal is the enhancement of life. this is no more an escapism than a seed taking root in the most nourishing soil.

17. Datura surrender to nothing Registered Senior Member

Explain please.

18. VitalOne Banned Banned

I think the essence of Buddhism to fulfill all of your desires

What do I mean? A man with many cravings has many notions that he "does not have"

Where as a man who is completely desireless has the notion that he "has everything"

So fulfill all of your desires by fulfilling one root desire you have

A man who is completely desireless will achieve the greatest happiness because he will always think he has everything he wants

The essence of Buddhism is to achieve unceasing bliss

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Well said, VitalOne!

20. duendy Registered Senior Member

yes. which is a DESIRE to achieve unceaaing bliss. and unceasing bliss is an impossibility. for you can only know bliss when you have its opposite/ you cant attain static reality. if you really think about it, it is a horrible idea!

21. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

It's not if you are one with all the existance. And it's possible, just requires a lot of psychological work and the ego has to be destroyed, so human becomes not more wanting than a raindrop.
    That's your problem, duendy boy.
    And you're too deep sunken in your own individuality and ego to understand atm.

Cheers!

22. VitalOne Banned Banned

Nah, you don't get it. It's not pleasure nor pain. You're thinking of pleasure, in which unceasing pleasure is an impossibility. Pleasure and pain are caused by material nature. They're different sensations caused by chemical reactions. This is why you DETACH from the material nature, so you experience your natural state.

It's more of a...you know when you're relaxed, carefree, have no worries, it's like that state (only better)

23. duendy Registered Senior Member

you are one arrogant yout