Is the earth expanding?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by bgjyd834, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Gneiss2011 Registered Senior Member

Sorry, I made a mistake. You can forget my post #2880172.

and are obviously using the idea that seafloor subduction doesn't exist or is negligible (so all or almost all of "ocean floor" that has "growth" in the past can be seen today). An idea which is part of your EE model.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

use a EE model.

Two week ago, you claimed there are observation and measurement of Earth expansion which do not use a EE model.

Since two week, you have not show any measurement of Earth expansion which do not use a EE model, altought I (gently) asked you to do so.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. florian Debunking machine Registered Senior Member

Negligible recycling along active margins is not an idea, it is a fact independent of any model.

This fact combined to seafloor spreading, implies that the ocean floor has been growing, independently of any model.

The quantification of seafloor spreading is a measurement of the net increase in surface of the ocean floor, independently of any model.

If the surface of the globe has been increasing then the volume of the globe has been increasing, i.e., Earth is growing.

The quantification of seafloor spreading floor is a measurement of that growth.

Can't be clearer than that.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. florian Debunking machine Registered Senior Member

Using the evolution of the moon's orbit? You have to learn about tidalites first, to understand what are the constraints on the Moon revolution and the rotation rate of Earth.

8. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

I did look at the current tidalites and that was throwing the Moon out by a mere few mm per year so even after 5.5 billion years it will only move the Moon by the distance of half it's
    diameter. In other words if there isn't enormous oceans as I proposed tidal effects are insignificant.

9. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

The Moon capture requires a large gaseous planet Earth to slow the incoming Moon. The amount of matter in the protoplasmic disk allows for an Earth with about 42 Earth masses.
    In the process of slowing the moon, the mass of volatiles removed could have been as much as 35 Earth masses.
    The vastness of the mass pressing down on the terrestrial part of the Earth caused it to compress. During the decompression the continent plate which was once a continuous covering cracked.
    Later in the Earth history the single continental plate broke up into 7 major chunks once the expansion slowed.
    So the Moon's position and angular momentum is explained by the capture theory, which is only possible with a large "volatile covered" compressed Earth.
    So EE Theory is more likely a fact rather than a myth. Continental drift is quite a late phenomenon. That is then when the theory of Continental drift and plate tectonics plays its part.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  10. Gneiss2011 Registered Senior Member

I was talking about negligible seafloor subduction, not about negligible recycling along active margins.

11. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Seafloor subduction and continental drift are all late events in the history of the Earth.
    The expansion had occurred long before that happening. The Moon being as far out with the angular momentum it has proves it was captured by a massive gaseous Earth and has subsequently drifted out to there.
    I can't even imagine how the debris from an impact with another small planet would ever result in the formation of the moon. It surely would be unlikely to have the kinetic energy to get to that height and to be close enough and gravitationally regroup as the Moon.

12. florian Debunking machine Registered Senior Member

As if you did not know that negligible seafloor subduction=negligible recycling along active margins.

13. florian Debunking machine Registered Senior Member

Computer models do that. So it must be true right?

14. florian Debunking machine Registered Senior Member

The current tidalites?? What about My old tidalites?

15. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Could you please give me a clue? What exactly are you talking about?

16. florian Debunking machine Registered Senior Member

17. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

The above article in the abstract said
    So if their conclusion was that the Moon never came close to the Earth how does one presume it formed? Both the Massive Impact and Capture hypothesis rely on a close encounter. That is a very good article on the whole and will require some analysis.
    One odd thing I noted was even though 500 mya the days were shorter there were more of them in a year, so it seemed we still took the same time to get around the Sun. Spinning slower with the rotational momentum transferred to the Moon with an increasing rate of recession!

18. wlminex Banned Banned

Perhaps all of the green "wind generators" will also effectively slow the earth's rotation? (<-- humor here!)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  19. florian Debunking machine Registered Senior Member

Yes, you should read it critically, though.
    Interesting. You went straight to the most important point. The revolution period of Earth is assumed to remain constant in all the calculations, including length of the day and the Moon's orbital parameters.
    Do you think that it is a reasonable assumption?

20. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Wind generators based on my analysis should speed up the Earth's rotation as the net movement of wind is in the same direction as the Earth's rotation.
    So putting a barrier in the way will take momentum out of the wind and transfer it to the land. <---- no kidding.

21. Gneiss2011 Registered Senior Member

How do EE proponents explain the non-negligible seafloor subduction, and the non-negligible convergence between a and b, in the following diagram?

How do they explain the non-negligible seafloor subduction under Crete and the non-negligible convergence between Aegean Sea and Cyrenaica? http://sp.lyellcollection.org/content/291/1/1

Wonderful! Please show those observation and measurement of Earth expansion which don't use EE model. I'll switch to EE if you show me independent (from EE model) observation and measurement of Earth expansion.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  22. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

The study in this link mentions a factor of Earth expansion.
    http://www.eos.ubc.ca/~mjelline/453w...99RG900016.pdf
    Might be worth looking into it.

23. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

When you ask me that question I had put the article aside for a while as I have other things to do.
    But before I did I was thinking of all the factors to consider:

Earth mass changing,or staying the same

Earth orbital speed changing, or staying the same.

Distance to the moon changing, or staying the same.

Moon angular momentum changing or staying the same.

And to put all those dynamics in your head is quite a difficult thought.

So we are left with these findings in this study and one has to try and fit it into the broader picture of whatever hypothesis one favours.
    It left me feeling uneasy to point one way or the other. I did not see the authors suggest how the Moon originated, other than they thought it hadn't been close to the Earth, and that in itself was a surprise.

How do you think the Moon originated when taking into account these findings?