is suicide a civilised act ?

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by imimim, Feb 23, 2002.

1. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Well i don't know if its a civilised act but it is caused by CIVILISATION. How bad is a sociaty where its youth want to kill themselves.

I am trying to find some statistics and will post them when i can (also on the "Black post" thread)

for now i have found this site
    http://www.yspep.org/youth.html

Its strange the people on this thread are more empathic that the people posting on the "Black post" thread

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

8. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

It's to tragic for words...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Banshee

Yes it is

I personally know 2 kids that did it while we were at school. I almost did it. My cousin almost did it and i have at least 2 other friends that almost did it.

That is just a look at the validity of those stats

Thats just that i know of there could be others who never told me

10. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I almost did it sometimes too.

I remember one day that I was really depressed and I was crossing the street. Suddenly, I saw a bus coming in my direction. I had about 1 second to decide wheter I live or not.
    A voice inside me said: No! I promise you'll soon have a good time!
    Than I get out of the way of the bus. I could feel the bus passing only a few milimeters in my back. That was reeeeally close...

It's not easy to Love like I do...
    People don't understand...

Love,
    Nelson

11. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

i use to go past this crossing everyday and i wouldn't look before i went across. i would always hope to get hit by a train but for some reason when i was there the trains never ran nomatter what time it was

12. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

So what's wrong with this civilization that so much young people want to kill themselves? To much hatred going on, to less people who care and really listen to eachother. Too selfish behaviour. Young people are getting confused and lonesome, because there's nobody they can rely on. I hate this!

People are developing their lifes, exploring all the feelings going on inside of them and are easily catched in their own misery. No one to help them out there...Loneliness remains, even if they are not really alone. Difficult to write down what I really mean here...

13. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Banshee

It migh be hard to write but i think you maybe on the right track. (im not writing this for sympathy just to show some of what can cause it)

For me (some of this sounds really stupid even to ME) it was:
    I couldn't find a Girlfriend nomater what i did (this sounds stupid but i admit it was a BIG part of it)

I had very few friends (the ones i have are REALLY good but i only have a couple)

and i couldn't get a job at all (when i finaly did get one i have a Really bad bos who keeps saying hes going to fire me)

So my whole life sucked

my social life sucked, my love life wasn't existant and work just depressed me more.

It only really changed when i met my Girlfriend. My job still sucks but im looking for a new one and i realised i would rather have a few true friends than a lot of fake ones. So my Girlfriend saved me.

You all probably think im stupid now but thats just the main things that effected me enough to try to die

14. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Banshee,

It's easy to understand if you FEEL it...

Asguard,

In my case I guess it's ALL of it!!

Yup...!

Yup!!

I would kill myself right now if I didn't Loved myself...

Love,
    Nelson

Last edited: Mar 25, 2002
  15. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Oh, I do feel it very well. It's the putting the feelings into words what matters in my case. Guess I feel it pretty well, I've been there, more then once. Case is you people understand what I mean...

16. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Banshee

I have never opened up about this to anyone but my girlfriend. You people are so understanding
    thank you

17. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

I just reallised this moring that i was wrong. I thought i was over being depressed but i was really wrong. Its not as bad as it was now i have my Girlfriend but its still there

18. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Asguard,

I can give all that I have and all the blessings God will give to me ONLY to be with the girl I Love.

You are one of the luckiest people I've ever met.

Love,
    Nelson

19. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

I know thats kind of what scares me. What if she goes away. If im still like this with her here what will i be like if i lose her

20. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Asguard,

Don't worry. Let her be free. I'll give you some advices:

Ten Rules for a Long Lating Relationship:

1.BE YOURSELF.
    2.LET HER BE HERSELF.
    3.Allways share your feelings with her. If she doesn't share with you, ask her to do so.
    4.Allways respect her for who she is, and what she believes.
    5.Know what's going on in her mind. Share ideas with her. Ask her to share ideas with you.
    6.Don't hold her. Don't be attached. If you lose her up she will feel that you trust her, you have confidence in yourself, and she will be more comfortable.
    7.Don't be afraid of making mistakes. Anyone is perfect. She'll forgive you if you do a mistake and apologize to her (in some cases, she will probably even forgive you without necessity of apology. But it is a good idea, anyways...)
    8. Be a child again...

9. Love her...

10. Just live the present without worring about the future...

Love,
    Nelson

Last edited: Mar 27, 2002
  21. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

PS: She taugh me this even though she doesn't know it. I would like very much that she would know what she is doing with me...

Love,
    Nelson

22. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

TruthSeeker

Thank you (i was having some problems as i read your post and it cleared it up for me)

23. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

well i amost did it again last night

i was lying in bed gently running my chef's knife (which is VERY sharp) down my wrist thining how easy it would be. almost no pain, just sleep.

I don't know why i didn't do it, there didn't (and dosn't) seem any point to it all

why?

what is the point?

i have decided to go see the quack tomorow to get a referal to a shrink because xev and adam keep telling me i should but *shrugs* i don't see what point there is to it all