Is Sciforums a Waste of Time?

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by TruthSeeker, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Nebuchadnezzaar Registered Senior Member

If you want intelligent conversation i suggest going out with your friends and talking to them. The people on this forum do not know each other and i'm guessing most of them would never get along if they met. That is why so many threads become worthless with meaningless messages where someone is trying to act smarter than someone else, as opposed to developing the discussion. there are some other forums out there where this happens less frequently, but generally i could only think to suggest going out to the local pub with friends.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

It is pretty much a waste of time.

(i should refer now to the fact that all answers to biological questions asked can be found in text books)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2004
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. crazymikey Open-minded Scientist Registered Senior Member

Nebuch said it well, if you want an intelligent discussion. There are three ways:

1: Find people like me

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2: Go to the pub and find people like me

3: Go to a High IQ socieity board, make top 1-5% of the population on an IQ test and find people like me

Anyway this sciforum board is not intelligent at all, in my opinion. People seem to enjoy cussing each other or saying stupid things. In general, people here, are too close-minded and childish. Most here, are not here for discussion, but massaging their ego, or vanity trips. Im right, you're right, I cant hear you - lalalalalalalala

What is the average age here, do you know>?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Nebuchadnezzaar Registered Senior Member

cheers mikey,

btw i'm 74 years young

8. immane1 Registered Senior Member

I'm guessing the average age here is somewhere around 23-24. What do you people expect? My first 160 or so posts, I never called anyone a name, much less swore. I stopped posting for a while, then came back. Now I curse a little and sometimes call people names. This is much more fun! Sure, I know it's childish, but I come here for the entertainment value mostly. I also try to help others out now and then by giving useful computer advice, etc. Look, people tend to have strong opinions about religion, politics, and a few other subjects. This is nothing new. Now sod off you bloody wankers!

9. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I'll answer my own question: yes...

I think I will go away again... It is such a waste of time. Not the first time this happens...

10. Votorx Still egotistic... Valued Senior Member

Ha, how I wish I could do that. Unfortunetly I live two different lives and the way I act on here is in no way related to how I act in real life, and the friends I have made couldn't hold an intelligent conversation for more than 2 minutes.

Someone should hold a post about that one, as for me, Im not giving out my age, personal reasons.

ewww :bugeye:

11. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

Theres a post about demographics in this section of the forum somewhere, think most people are 20-40 if i remember rightly, as for is it a waste of time, depends who your discussing with.

12. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Of course it’s a waste of time, a fun and intellectual waste of time but a waste of time none the less.

13. Ozymandias Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

It all depends on what you qualify as a waste of time, doesn't it?

14. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Of course its a waste of time , but oh how much fun we can have while wasting it!

15. roscann Registered Member

Is there really any point to this thread???? Oh wait im missing the point! We are wasting time and having fun with it. Koolness.

16. Jadebrain_Prime Atheist now Registered Senior Member

This will probably be my only post in this thread, so don't bother asking me any questions, but I must say that TruthSeeker has a point, and the proof of the legitimacy of the post is obvious when you consider the fact that even certain moderators *cough*(Q)*cough* on this website have participated in needless insulting in what may have otherwise been an interesting and enjoyable online conversation.

17. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Rokkon
    I despise (Q) (68 posts)

:bawl:

18. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

:shrug:

19. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

If you've been reading any of my posts, then you've definately been wasting your time.

20. Genji Registered Senior Member

I admit if I didn't have so much time at this boring job I wouldn't be here. Without SF I'd be dead of a massive boredom attack within minutes.

21. Redefine91 I piss excellence Registered Senior Member

eh, sciforums beats watching infomercials late at night.

22. Ogmios Must. learn. to. punctuate! Registered Senior Member

I can't have intelligent conversations with my friends, so I come here. On the occasion. So I am not wasting time.

And I do wonder about people who go to parapsy to prove it's fraud or something... But I guess if you can't ignore people who disagree with you, you have lost already..

A page of Forum is too short to be wasted on replying to posts with no content. (And besides, if you give attention everytime someone insults you, they'll be conditioned to insult you!)

23. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Sorry buddy, but no hope. Here is the explanation:

Most people are stupid. Unless Sciforums gets an unrepresentative sample of the people (which isn't the case) most posters here are also stupid.

The main problem is that people whom I like and could give a run for my money I agree with and agreement makes boring conversation...