Is sciforums a place for kids.

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by skaught, May 13, 2008.

?

Should children be allowed at sciforums?

1. Yes

53.4%
  2. No

46.6%
  1. Cellar_Door Whose Worth's unknown Registered Senior Member

And why is that? Would they not be able to maintain the level of maturity expected on this site within their threads? Ha.

And what about me? Are my posts that childish, and my disposition so delicate, that I shouldn't be allowed to read and reply to what is said on these forums? Could you even correctly guess my age?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

Aren't children allowed in cemetaries? The Holocaust museum? or the place full of the most hazardous stuff, schools?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

sure they are but they do not see the people being cremated or buried do they, some people here post pictures wihtout a second thought so perhaps kids should be encouraged to stay away until they are over 16

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Cybernetics Registered Member

as an under 16 (14 infact) I am perfectly familiar with death, funerals, cremation etc. the news at 10 contains the goriest pictures you will ever find

8. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

People, stop the patronizing. Young people aren't innocent little angels who'll be scarred for life if you so much as fart.

9. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

I chose no, but I think it depends on what you define as "child"

Teens? Sure, if they are mature

Young kids? No. They can't understand most of what we discuss.

10. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

I don't know if this is a place for minors but most of the regulars here act like four-year-olds.

11. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Ha, true

12. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

I would not let my kids on here, especially considering the things I tend to post.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

You can't hide anything from kids, I've noticed.

14. Betrayer0fHope MY COHERENCE! IT'S GOING AWAYY Registered Senior Member

I would not let my parents on here, especially considering the things i tend to post.

15. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

My parents found my blog once.. Stupid..stupid colleagues had to introduce them to msn. Almost recommended me for counselling.

16. Tht1Gy! Life, The universe, and e... Registered Senior Member

Only read the first page so far, but as to the 'kid' issue more spcificly BG I became engaged in a couple threads of hers and was never conveniced she was 'for real' That there was a distinct possibility of BG being a hoax or satire.
    If she is 'for real' then she should have got growed up real fast. Don't know that happened...

Parents should monitor their children's net usage regardless of what site, be it sciforums or disney.

Mind you I don't say 'control'. Cuz that depends on the child.

Is 16 a 'child'? Not until recently.

In fact, 16 was the "age of consent" until the 70s. When I was growing up in the 70s there was a saying "15 will get you 20" meaning under 16 years old gets you 20 in jail, tho I didn't understand it back then. It was in a Jimmy Buffet song "Livingston Saturday Night"

A 14 year old could marry with parental consent. Not saying right or wrong, just saying.

I do feel we have double standards about what age makes a 'child'. Dave Chappelle has a good bit on this. Search youtube.