Is recognition that Jews have the best ideology of the Abrahamic cults the reason Muslims and Christ

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Greatest I am, Nov 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I do not lie so you need to put it another way.
    Alex

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. iceaura Valued Senior Member

I doubt very many Muslims or Christians have any idea what "Jewish ideology" is.

Greatest I am likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

So, this is not a discussion about the thread topic after all; this is a thinly-veiled religion-hating sermon.

Got it.

Have you considered a blog?

exchemist likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Correct no doubt.
    And may I suggest folk outside any group perhaps should not presume to understand a group they are not part of. All the Jews I have met have been wonderful, same with the few Muslims and the christians not so good. Athiests both good and bad. If I judged all on my limited experience I suspect I would not have a fair and reasonable view of the group.
    The christians were ok but basically did not practice what they preached.. Still ok really.
    Every following presumably have good and bad people but you should not say all in that group are all bad or all good.

Alex

8. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Huh. One could almost say it's people that are good or bad, not ideologies...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I really think you are onto something here Dave.

Imagine a world where we take each person as we meet them and respond to them reflecting the way they are toward us rather than presuppose how they will act. And to understand they may be different but such need not prevent respect or even friendship.

I have always been a loner so it has been easy for me to accept all sorts because I never felt part of a particular group. I treat folk how they treat me and fortunately that has always been good even though I winge about a few christians things have been good for me. The god threw me because I had not run into someone like that but as time passed things improved and now its all good I think. I hope.
    But he probably saw me as some sort of stereo type and he interacted with his vission of a stereo type rather than me.
    I think I learnt something so all is good.

Alex

10. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Indeed. Does Judaism have an ideology? It's not a concept I've ever come across. About the only thing I can think of would be respect for, and adherence to, law. Which is rather a good and civilised guiding principle, but hardly an ideology.

11. exchemist Valued Senior Member

I was amused to see the use of the term "sheeple" here, which I have always considered diagnostic of whether or not a person is a twat.

12. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

The point of this thread seems to be to preach against religion, or Abrahamic faiths at least.

This is inappropriate on sciforums. Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.