Is prostitution wrong?

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by purple_hairstreak, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i haven't "ranted" about anything, and have not mentioned anything about heaven at all. a realization does not require a segregation from society, and it's no solution according to what i believe. i believe that the meaning of life is communion.

imo, prostitution is probably more degrading than some other professions simply because it involves an intimate physical act, and i think it's shown that sexual and physical degradation (abuse) is very traumatizing. but with that said, i think that society is so entirely fucked up, that singling out this particular profession among a host of other things is really just splitting hairs.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

what's that? let me guess, ego stroking and coddling? lying? aw...so sorry.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

no fraggle, i'm talking about the immanent kingdom of christ.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Well if you believe in the ideal of communion, but hate humanity...what are you going to commune with?

I think you have been strongly influenced by Jesus here.

He claimed an ideal of love...but hated life.

What was the first thing he told his disciples to do?

Drop their nets...drop their profession...drop out of society.

8. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i don't hate humanity and neither does jesus. we love humanity enough to want something much better, and we're willing to back that desire up, no matter what.

also, i believe you're referring to jesus teaching them to become fishers of men, and you do not do that by dropping out of society and isolating yourself. you do that through communion.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  9. John99 Banned Banned

To me the whole thing is just so primitive, particularly prostitution and basically selling parts of your body but even sex in general and the way, especially men, are literally trained by their peers, who were trained by people before them to be oversexed, as if this is some gauge of success and it really becomes somewhat comical. But to put it in one word i would use "primitive" but really because it is based mostly on folklore and lies. Even medical science puts out so much non sense that you NEED sex and its just not based in biological fact. Companionship is a different matter.

I beleive in the Kardashev scale (not necessarily word for for but as a general concept..but maybe it is very accurate) and to repeat the same lies...well i just dont see prostitution as advancing us and too many of these distortions of truth just hold society back. Outside of the West is no better and often times worse.

Another thing i just cannot understand is, going somewhat off topic here some would say but i think its all somewhat relative, is language. All these different languages and i really think if you dont take these things seriously then theyre just downright comical. You have a world where 100's of languages are spoken all different types of monetary systems and you honestly wonder why there are problems?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  10. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Ok, but the 'something better' only comes after youre dead, in the Christian worldview.

Remember how Satan takes Jesus up to a mountaintop and shows him all the nations of the earth...."all this I will give you" he cries!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But notice, Jesus is pointing UP...he does not want what Satan has to give.

Thats why, as you say..."everythings fucked up".

Of course it is...thats the way its supposed to be when the Devil rules the world. And why Jesus commands you to drop your nets, sell everything you have, stop playing with yourself....and give unto Caesar what is Caesar's.

11. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

no it doesn't. haven't you read revelations? have you not heard of the kingdom?

i'm the queen.

that was 2000 years ago. now, we're taking it back.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Jesus didnt write revelations....wouldnt you rather follow Jesus???

13. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i know jesus, do you? ever had a conversation with the guy? i have.

14. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Did he say he was Jesus?

15. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

you mean like interjecting, "hey lori, before you say anything else, this IS jesus." uh, no, but it was who i was addressing, and he's answered me accordingly many times.

16. Carcano Valued Senior Member

But how do you know you were addressng him...and not somebody else?

17. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i know because of the way i got to him, and the way he answers me.

18. Carcano Valued Senior Member

But how did you know HOW he would answer?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  19. Moran Registered Senior Member

The Church used to frown on gay relationships but now such a union receives the blessings of the high priests. On the issue of prostitution they will warm up in time. They will not disappoint. They're always a step behind on all matters, including abolition of slavery. . . . .O.k, replace 'they' with 'we'. This is to avoid they vs us arguments.

20. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i didn't.

21. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Then how did you know it was him?

22. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

we're way off topic.

because i'm very particular about what i invite spiritually for starters. but as confirmation, it's been what he's said, and how's he's said it, and what it's done for, and meant to, me.

it's kind of like...you don't need to have a maternity test done to identify your mother. you don't ask to see her driver's license and whatnot. it's just who she is, and it's just what she's done. and i apologize if that's a bad analogy for you personally, but generally, i think you can understand what i mean.

what i mean is...if it's not jesus, it may as well have been.

23. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Just an informational note:

Prostitution is legal in Brazil (and at well known locations you can see several ladies waiting for "Johns" in clothes that advertise / show their body's best assets) But making money from these "working girls" (pimping) is illegal, except for services provided to them, such renting a hotel room for an hour. (Some of the "waiting locations" are just in front of hotels that do rent rooms by the hour. Other more foolish working ladies of the night, just stand on the curb and then, after some brief negotiations, get into a stranger's car.)

IMHO, this is a good legal position. Why do I or you have the right to deny a woman (or man, they have their waiting locations also) to use their bodies to earn money, if they willing accept the risks. We don't deny a miner the right to use his body deep in the earth with possible immediate death by roof collapse. Why deny the ladies of the night their right to use their bodies as they see fit? It is often very profitable - more earned in a week than half a year at the best menial job they might be qualified for, typically as a maid, where they might be sexually abused without pay.

They just should not be exploited by pimps and all financial rewards pimps get in the US etc. for inducing young girls into prostitution need to be removed as is done in Brazil. International trafficking of good looking women, especially from Eastern Europe or third world countries is a very big business. Usually naive girls are offered jobs in some foreign land and a one-way airplane ticket but when they arrive they are forced into prostitution. Quite often they will raped by 10 to 20 men* the first night they arrive as this completely breaks any spirit of resistance they might have had.

* Friends / acquaintances of the pimp do this service for him for free in an all-night orgy that only ends when none can get a new erection.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2010