Is Obama unbeatable?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Lord Hillyer, May 4, 2007.

1. Beryl WWAD What Would Athelwulf Do? Registered Senior Member

Presuming those things, I would say yes. It's hard to tell, though. I think if he wins the primary it's a good bet he'll win the presidency, but primaries are fickle things.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dan the Man84 BAD BOY FOR LIFE Registered Senior Member

haha Sandy must feel foolish now

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sandy Banned Banned

What "political slander"??? That's his middle name. People should be aware that he is muslim. Americans need to know everything about their candidates.

"A young man who isn't a liberal, has no heart. An old man who isn't conservative, has no brains." --Winston Churchill ...

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

So because his name is Hussein, he is automatically a Muslim?

8. sandy Banned Banned

If you had one iota of a clue about him you would know he IS muslim. His father is muslim. He went to muslim schools. He is now distancing himself from everything religious because no matter which one he chooses for the week, he gets critiqued by the media.

9. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Whatever happened to the separation of church and state?

10. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

I dont think its unusual for a Christian wanting to vote for a Christian.

11. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Not unusual at all, perfectly natural. Hence my question.

12. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I think that Constitutional passage says that the government won't favor one religion over another, it says nothing about who religious people vote for. It also says nothing about the voters ignoring their feelings and emotions when they vote.

Baron Max

13. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

I know.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Should work both ways though, shouldn't it?

14. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

We'll see if America wants for President a liberal with a relatively unknown background, who attends a church which is all about Blackness, who's middle name is Hussein, and whose policy proposals, at this time, are a mystery.

Perhaps America wants such a person, we shall see.

15. river-wind Valued Senior Member

He went to a Muslim school from 1969 to 1971 when he lived in Indonesia at age 9, after having attended a Catholic school for the previous 3 years.
    "During the five years that we would live with my stepfather in Indonesia, I was sent first to a neighborhood Catholic school and then to a predominantly Muslim school; in both cases, my mother was less concerned with me learning the catechism or puzzling out the meaning of the muezzin's call to evening prayer than she was with whether I was properly learning my multiplication tables."

The "story" that this school was a radical wahhabiest school is foolish at best:
    "The claim that Obama attended a radical Wahabbist school in Indonesia in the 1960s is exceedingly far-fetched, given that:
    The large Indonesian community resident in Mecca was a medium through which knowledge about Wahhabism reached Indonesia, but the community itself appears to have remained virtually immune to Wahhabi influences. In reality there was little direct influence of Wahhabism on Indonesian reformist thought until the 1970s."

And the idea that because his father was mulsim (and a self-proclaimed non-practicing one at that), Obama is a some crazy extremist is very discriminitory and childish. Not to mention mostly false, as his father left when he was two: he barely even knew the man.

why didn't you read the link I posted earlier?
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp

"Insight magazine claimed in a January 2007 article that Barack Obama spent at least four years attending what is variously described as a "madrassa," a "radical Muslim religious school," or a "Muslim seminary" in Indonesia, but CNN has more recently reported that its own investigation found those claims to be false:
    [R]eporting by CNN in Jakarta, Indonesia and Washington, D.C., shows the allegations that Obama attended a madrassa to be false. CNN dispatched Senior International Correspondent John Vause to Jakarta to investigate.

He visited the Basuki school, which Obama attended from 1969 to 1971.

"This is a public school. We don't focus on religion," Hardi Priyono, deputy headmaster of the Basuki school, told Vause. "In our daily lives, we try to respect religion, but we don't give preferential treatment."

Vause reported he saw boys and girls dressed in neat school uniforms playing outside the school, while teachers were dressed in Western-style clothes."

16. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

"Virtually immune, little direct influece," sounds like the writer wisely is leaving himself some wiggle room, he/she should be asked why the need for the wiggle room?

17. river-wind Valued Senior Member

Except for Israel/American policy, Iraq war strategy, environmental policy, energy policy, domestic race policy, education policy, health care policy, the interation of religion and polotics.....methinks you should read more before you speak.

http://origin.barackobama.com/issues/

Because otherwise, he would be lying. Certainly, a father can have influence over his son in two years, or by mail, but that does not appear to be the case here.

Last edited: May 10, 2007
  18. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

That's all political b.s., he doesn't say how he'd do any of that.

19. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

so what if he is a muslim? he is also an american, isn't he?
    get your head out of your ass

20. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Until Muslims stop attacking innocent people in Jihad, I won't support a Muslim candidate, and since an integral part of Islam is conquest of lands for Allah, I don't think most Americans would support one either.

21. river-wind Valued Senior Member

from that site: "Strengthening America Overseas":
    That's not specific enough for you?

22. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Who does he propose will go pick up all those missing weapons?

23. river-wind Valued Senior Member

I don't know. let's look it up.

/google Lugar-Obama
    http://lugar.senate.gov/pressapp/record.cfm?id=266819

/google S. 2566
    http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c109:1:./temp/~c109FQJnZW::

so it seems to do a number of things
    1) authorize the President and the Sect. of State to run programs assisting other nations and/or NATO in the management, destruction (or securing) conventional weapons; including but not limited to financial help under the heading of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961.
    2) authorizes funds for de-mining projects for the discovery and destruction of undetonated ordinance
    3) requires regular reports to congress on the progress of the plan
    4) increases the funds already in place for such activities to ~$520 million (I can't tell what it was before)

So to answer your question, the US will support foreign nations as well as NATO in exploding undetonated field ordinence; will help secure or destroy stockpiles of conventional weapons, and will help in tightening controls on the illegal transport of conventional weapons between third-party nations. DoD/Military/Intelligence comunities under the supervision of the Sect of State and the President, it would appear.

edit: looks like the amount was ~$415mill in 2005
    http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/28971.pdf

Last edited: May 10, 2007