Is midnight today or tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by dsdsds, Mar 11, 2009.

1. sweetpea Registered Senior Member

Is ''the origin of a definable space and time'' the same as ''the origin of space and time''?
    Are there models for the origin of space and time?
    The space and time of the ''quantum froth'' has nothing to say about the origin of space and time, it just says their undefinable.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Write4U Valued Senior Member

As I understand it , there are some models that can actually create something from nothing, strange as that may seem.

Suppose there is a abstract mathematical law (a higher order) that forbids the continued existence of nothing.
    An abstract mathematical law of duality, which demands that a state of nothing would also have an opposite state of anti-nothing. We already use the term "zero state", but that does not necessarily mean an absolute nothing. It could mean an abstract balance between a positive state and a negative state. IOW a permittive condition.

We would get, a single instant of an infinity of nothingness, which would immediately collapse into a singularity and the creation of pure energy (a true causal force) creating a mega-quantum event resulting in the BB. From that point we know pretty well the evolutionary process of the inflationary epoch, etc.

But I do agree, both concepts of an infinite existence of either nothingness or somethingness seem unlikely. IMO there must a have been an original causality, either active or passive.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

^^^
    My "choices" are I know & I do not know.

<>

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Write4U Valued Senior Member

There are many things about the universe we didn't know then, but we know now.
    Knowledge begins with the question.

8. river Valued Senior Member

Agreed

And knowledge continues ......