Is LSD safe?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Anarcho Union, Nov 30, 2010.

1. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

LSD or LSD-25, also known as lysergide and colloquially as acid, is a semisynthetic psychedelic drug of the ergoline family. LSD is non-addictive and well known for its psychological effects which can include altered thinking processes, closed and open eye visuals, synaesthesia, an altered sense of time and spiritual experiences, as well as for its key role in 1960s counterculture. It is used mainly as an entheogen, recreational drug and as an agent in psychedelic therapy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysergic_acid_diethylamide

As we have shown, true LSD-25 (lysergic acid diethylamide) was one of twenty-five closely related ergot derivatives synthesized by Sandoz before 1938, and many more were to follow.

http://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/lsd07.htm

So Spider man this shows that it was one of the purest type made by the labs, not by the drug pushers like we all know about making this stuff in college labs and elsewhere.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It hardly matters. Sure, France makes the best champagne, but a decent sparkling wine gets the job done just as well.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Just admit that I was speaking correct when I stated that LSD 25 is pure LSD, not bullshit as you said.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I was mostly referring to the widespread myth of strychnine.

8. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

No you don't. You're talking out of your ass here.

9. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

If you say so.

Hogwash. Psychedelic mushrooms are much, much, much easier to get ahold of than is LSD. Which shouldn't surprise - they are very easy to produce almost anywhere, at low cost and risk of discovery. No fancy chemistry required, or anything. Savvy people that live near cattle ranches are frequently able to gather them in the wild for free.

As have I. Only a small percentage of people experience hallucinations from eating that sort of thing.

3-5 grams of prime bud is "much less" than you would smoke/vaporize? I don't buy that for a second.

2 grams would be a very large joint - nearly a blunt. People might do that for schwag, but a regular smoker rolling a joing of kind bud for his solo consumption is going to use something like half a gram.

Nobody smokes 6 2-gram joints per day, unless they're committed to using up some ridiculous amount of super low-grad schwag. If we're talking about actual bud, the heaviest smokers I've known (who smoke all day, every day) go through 2-3 grams per day. And they don't roll joints, they take bong hits or vaporize.

Exactly - if you smoke it, an ounce is enough to get at least twice that many people high. Eating takes more weight.

And only idiot high school kids make brownies that way. Any stoner worth his salt knows that the way to proceed is to first make pot butter, and then bake with that as an ingredient.

Plenty of people get audio and tactile hallucinations from LSD (also, synaesthesia).

That can't be right. 1mg of LSD is like 10 times the standard dose - 500mg of LSD is an absolutely crazy "dose:" that's 50 sheets worth of acid. You must have meant to write micrograms, not "mg." Although 500 micrograms is still a pretty large dose (if still within reason).

10. Anarcho Union No Gods No Masters Registered Senior Member

thanks for all the responses guys. I tried getting my hands on shrooms but according to my guy theyre "out of season?" which doesnt make much sense to me so imma ask around. Imma wait a while to drop acid but i think ill try it later in my life. Youve all been a huge help, ill be careful and take all the warnings in mind. Ive already checked to see for mental illness in my family, none.

11. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

I am really not into that at all, try to avoid it at all times.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Yeah, I meant micrograms, not milligrams, my bad.

Uh....the most I ever took was 1000 micrograms of LSD. I did regret it, as I ended up unsupervised. Lucked out though, I was chest deep in a backyard pool fully clothed when I began to realize I was way too stoned and it had been many hours "out there".

Morning glory seeds, 500 was a good trip. As to the quality and variety of hallucinations, I can only speak of my own experience and what others have told me of theirs.

As I am sure you are aware, there are many grades of cannabis around and many individual psychological and physiological sets in the consumers. The "Hashish Eaters" did so exactly to hallucinate. Yet I have known folks that literally did smoke all day every day until they stated that it no longer got them high, then they quit completely.

One of our big city cops and his wife just did the brownie thing and flipped out, went to the hospital and got in deep doo - doo.

At this time I know several persons who consume for medicinal purpose in quantity that astounds me. Yes, I am aware of cannabutter - "budder" and how it is used. I lack the desire to try that myself. Same for eating "Cannabrex" capsules of honey oil or BHO. There is a cancer patient who eats 2 or 3 capsules, then hits the Volcano until she can't any more.

Then there were the 2 Indian fellows that smoked something along the lines of 36 fat joints each then had to be held in a pond by their friends until they felt better....

"Blunts" are common here in the metro Detroit area. Lots of folks routinely burn through a quarter ounce a week of good bud though, mostly on their own. Many would go through more if they could afford it.

12. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I guess you have not read any of my posts containing LINKS ... http://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/lsd07.htm....to prove that LSD is adulterated. If you would be so good as to go back through this thread perhaps you will be enlightened by the amount of information I provided that you seem not to know about. I hope you good luck in finding the useful information about additives helpful in pulling your foot out of your mouth.

13. jmpet Valued Senior Member

I'd go as far as do a quarter a "hit" of LSD. Considering pot is a mild LSD and considering too much pot makes you pass out, I wouldn't mind doing a quarter hit just for the psychoactive effects. I suppose the same would apply to shrooms.

However, you do pass on to la la land when you do that much shit- pot does not alter reality.

I did Salvia Divinorum twice- what a freaking trip that was! Getting ultimate high for 90 seconds!

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Mild doses of LSD are not worth it, you have to hit a threshold, it's much easier to totally trip than to sit around feeling kinda out of it but not really stoned. The first trip especially should be very strong, take an ambitious dose or nothing.

I would warn against Salvia, it's extremely disturbing and not really worthwhile.

I do like making green dragon from weed, it's a very nice experience. It's a THC extract using alcohol. It can be very strong, so start at lower doses and work your way up over time.

15. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

Agreed on all counts save salvia, which I have no personal experience with so must refrain from comment.

Well, except to say that I really liked Danial Tosh's "Salvia Challenge" with Cheech Marin.

"But Mr. Hand, I have to go to space today!"

16. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

The thing about salvia is that it has no effect whatsoever on most people. A certain minority of people do seem to experience strong, if short-lived, effects from it. Be interesting if anyone knows what sort of brain chemistry or what accounts for that...

17. brucep Valued Senior Member

I'm 64 and between the age of 20 and 25 I did lots of acid. I know of one person who seemed to be a victim of the experience but I don't know of any qualitative analysis to support such a result. Never really gave it much thought because it was really an engaging experience for me. Definitely not overrated. Very powerful so the appropriate experimental setting is important. Early on it was researched as a possible treatment for certain types of mental illness. Putting it on the street with all the negative feedback put a damper on the early research.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  18. brucep Valued Senior Member

You might review this.

http://www.hofmann.org/papers/kurland_4.htm

19. brucep Valued Senior Member

No other hallucinogens are remotely as interesting as acid.

20. brucep Valued Senior Member

That sounds pretty good except the part about knowing more dopers than me.

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I guess the media has discovered nutmeg now. I read about it in a book on hallucinogens in college and a friend managed to get a whole big container of it from a cafeteria worker. It's absolutely horrible to take. You have to swallow 3-4 big tablespoons full, mixed with water or something. It doesn't dissolve. It gave me minor auditory hallucinations but was very disappointing. The hangover was like the worst hangover on alcohol I ever had, but it lasted for 3 days.

22. WillNever Valued Senior Member

If you need to do this, you have self-esteem issues.

23. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

And, have way too much free time..