Is limbaugh the intellectual force of the Republican party?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

The economy wasn't booming under Reagan. And Reagan's tax policies didn't really involve tax cuts. he cut taxes once on the wealthy and raised them 13 times on the middle and lower classes.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

If you go back to your history books, you will find Reagan a very big spender and responsible for a huge expansion of government...kind of anti-Republican.
    And Reagan left George I with a huge budget problem...which caused George I to raise taxes...remember that famous George I line, "read my lips, no new taxes" just before he raised taxes to cover Reagans debts?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Joe McCarthy and limbaugh are both politcal blow hards who play fast and furious with the truth to get what they want...very similar in deed. And both where used deamonization of the oposition to get political power. Both were and are scum.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

8. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Is Lush Rimbaugh the intellectual farce of the Republican party?

9. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

He appears to be, he has a string of elected Republicans groveling before him. There has only been one Republican to have openly challenged limbaugh without later begging forgiveness of him for their transgression.

10. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Again how about some citation and fact?

11. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Tear Down This Myth: How the Reagan Legacy Has Distorted Our Politics and Haunts Our Future by Will Bunch. Give me a couple a days to find the book and you'll get page number and the auther's sources as well.

12. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

I won't hold my breath waiting.

13. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Did you mean this book?

A good opinion page article, but that is all it is, a opinion.

14. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I liked Reagan, I think he was a great leader. However he was not a fiscal conservative. He increased the size of the federal government in addtion to greatly increasing federal spending and budget deficits.

George I got stuck with the bills and found it necessary to raise taxes to restore the appearance some degree of financial integrity to the books.

15. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Yes.

Read it before you judge. Its spot on. I read it and checked sources. Its accurate. The opinion is what he refuted.

16. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I think we need to do everything possible to make sure that limbaugh, hannity, levine, etc. get all the exposure possible. Because the more these clowns come into the light, the more people will see how ugly and vile these folks really are. They won't be able to hide behind skirts and in the dark corners like the terrorists. They will be fully exposed for the dangerous vipers they really are.

ps my apologies to all the vipers in the world for making the association between you and limbaugh, hannity, levine, etc.

17. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Now joe, just how much more can they get into the light?

5 days a week, 52 weeks a year, and they are gaining more and more listeners, they have better ratings than all other entertainment form.

And the great thing is that more and more people are moving into the conservative ranks, their audience is not getting smaller they are getting larger.

In a March 2007 Rasmussen Reports poll, 62% of those surveyed had an unfavorable opinion of Limbaugh, while 33% had a favorable opinion. [122]

^ "Politicians Earn Higher Favorable Ratings Than Journalists". Rasmussen Reports. March 2007. http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...arn_higher_favorable_ratings_than_journalists. Retrieved on 2008-12-31. Poll data

In a Febuary 2009 Public Policy Polling poll, 46% had a favorable opinion of Limbaugh, while 43 percent viewed him negatively, with 10% being unsure.[123]

^ http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_National_223.pdf

18. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

limbaugh is not a reporter...he is an entertainer and leader of the Republican Party. limbaugh hannity and levine tell their listeners they are gaining listeners. Hell they will tell you they are the second coming of Christ. But that does not make it so.

liimbaugh and company are popular with their base. But get outside the base and they have a lot of trouble. limbaugh is getting a lot of light and his ratings are plunging...not growing.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheat-sheet/item/limbaughs-approval-19-percent/polls/

19. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Tell it to the polls, and the arbatron.

In a March 2007 Rasmussen Reports poll, 62% of those surveyed had an unfavorable opinion of Limbaugh, while 33% had a favorable opinion. [122]

^ "Politicians Earn Higher Favorable Ratings Than Journalists". Rasmussen Reports. March 2007. http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...an_journalists. Retrieved on 2008-12-31. Poll data

In a Febuary 2009 Public Policy Polling poll, 46% had a favorable opinion of Limbaugh, while 43 percent viewed him negatively, with 10% being unsure.[123]

^ http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/p...tional_223.pdf

Some specifics:

In New York City, WABC has experienced huge gains during Rush's noon- 3pm timeslot: from 4.6 to 6.7 overall (12 and older) share, good for first place overall in the nation's largest market. Rush's Big Apple listenership is now estimated at 693,000.

In the second-largest market, Los Angeles, KFI-AM has surged into the number one position (all listeners 12 and older) from 9am to noon, with 618,000 listeners, a 4.6 to 6.0 audience share increase over three months and an even bigger males 35-64 (4.6 to 6.3) move, to take first place there as well.

Chicago, saw another huge move, with Rush affiliate WLS also taking first place during his timeslot (12 and older), from 5.2 share to 6.9 and a total local listenership of 396,700 in the third-largest market.

KSFO / San Francisco saw similar results, despite the extreme-left bent of the Bay Area: 4.7 to 6.0 share, now ranking second overall and with men aged 35-64. Total audience: 346,000.

In Dallas - Fort Worth, 4.8 to 6.4 men 35-64 and fourth overall (12+), 3.5 to 4.5. Cumulative audience: 250,000.

Houston's results were truly blockbuster: 6.0 to 9.8 overall, ranking number one with a bullet and audience of 382,300. Men 35-64: number one again, from 8.6 to 12.2 over three months. Adults 25-54: first place, 4.6 to 8.7. Women 25-54: 3.7 to 8.3 again good for a top ranking.

DC's WMAL also saw Rush-related growth: 4.1 to 6.7, good for third overall and an audience of 155,300. Men 35-64: number one with a staggering 6.4 to 13.4 move.

In Atlanta, Rush has helped WGST fend off an enormous competitor, WSB-AM, with a similar 4.0 to 6.2 upward move, good for fifth place overall and a total audience of 473,500. The results are better in the male 35-64 demographic, surging from 5.5 to 8.0 share.

Bucking Detroit's recent Democratic voting trend, Rush's performance on WJR-AM has been more significant
    than ever, moving into first place with a 5.8 to 9.6 jump. Men 35-64: number one and 11.6 share. Total audience: 253,000.[/I]

http://www.devils-best-friend.com/Rush-Limbaugh-Radio-Ratings-Through-the-Roof.html

20. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

21. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Now McCain's mother is coming out against limbabugh. I am looking forward to hearing McCain's mother grovel before limbaugh and beg for forgiveness like all the others have done

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. Burada Registered Senior Member

Right now Limbaugh's biggest fan is Shamey. And we all know what kind of crazy Shamey is, don't we.

23. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.