Is Life a Dialogue or a Monologue?

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Bowser, Aug 27, 2018.

1. sweetpea Valued Senior Member

Doesn't answer... ''and then just stop there without asking where this designer/creator came from?'' You are contented with your belief to stop thinking there.

Or, according to you ... thank my elbow. Remember ''why does a god thank itself''.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bowser Life is Fatal. Valued Senior Member

And if the answer is ever was, would that satisfy your mind?

Why would I be kind to anyone if everything is God?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sweetpea Valued Senior Member

Put it this way, when I know it ''is ever was'', I would stop thinking about it, until then...
    In days of yore young man, living in a pack, group or tribe was best for survival. Today the ''tribe'' is planet size.
    But, I don't recommend walking up to a lion and smiling.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bowser Life is Fatal. Valued Senior Member

I guess you can continue thinking about it.

Agreed, the lion would probably eat you, but he can't see past his belly. You and I can. As for a world tribe, I don't see that, since we don't share the same ideas. Individuality comes from the mind. Not many are willing to sacrifice their identity for the greater good. Agreed?

8. sweetpea Valued Senior Member

In Nature, I don't think it's a matter of sacrificing your life for the greater good, more like a better chance for the individual in a tribe to survive fighting off a lion.
    I see it as... As a ''world tribe'' we are recognising the benefits of trade and cooperation on things. Granted, that's not easy. It all helps the individual.
    Of course, I'm leaving things out like religion and politics which just seem to complicate matters in acting as channels for some corrupt and greedy people.
    Now and again you come up with something like this which I don't understand ''Individuality comes from the mind.'' When you speak of raising your oatmeal, to which god is this to? Is there a bigger god than you? Remember according to you, your believed God is everyone and everything. Are you acknowledging a chief or something beyond your god's creation?

9. Bowser Life is Fatal. Valued Senior Member

It's recognition of what I would call the Great One. I don't see myself or you as being apart from it though.

10. Write4U Valued Senior Member

And what do you see as the common denominator?

11. Bowser Life is Fatal. Valued Senior Member

Consciousness. Stripped of the discriminating mind, it's all the same.

12. river

We are , consciousness conversing with another consciousness .

Until WE understand and respect our ancient peoples , living and in the past , we will never really understand that the dialogue is what is important ..

13. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Why not a transcendent pseudo-intelligent mathematical Potential which deterministically produced intelligent consciousness through progressive logical organic evolution and probabilistic natural selection in the chronology of living things?

The point is that organic life is still made up from inorganic sub-atomic particles as is
    everything else in the universe. The Wholeness needs not be sentient in order to probabilistically produce local sentience......

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018 at 7:15 AM
  14. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Imperfection, to me, is an egoistic, arrogant observation that falsely suggests that we humans can do a better job of it than nature ( God). (Subscribed...great thread)

15. Write4U Valued Senior Member

I agree on that point, but I don't think humans have a great influence on universal behavior...

We do at a planetary level.....