Is it wrong to eat dog?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Why?, Oct 4, 2007.

1. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

well...not the nutty part...but yes, we went squirrel hunting and did fry the hell out of them. kinda gamey.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Ow.. I couldn't do that.
    Anyway, I think I'll stick with cow, pig and the sorts

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

I eat allsorts.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

if your hungry enough you'll eat anything

8. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i've eaten rabbit which was nice, pigeon, kangaroo burges, wild boar, lost of other stuff, why stick with cows, pigs,

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

lol why not ?

10. peta9 Registered Senior Member

You mention morals and not eating dogs because you like it is a contradiction. So its easy not to care or exploit things you don't like or care for or identify with but that has nothing to do with morals. Just because a pig, cow, sheep or any other animal is not considered your friend does not mean their life is not valuable to them.

11. peta9 Registered Senior Member

No, that has nothing to do with ethics. You don't know jack about what you are talking about. I know people who have been surrogate parents of all kinds of animals and they can all RELATE to human emotions as they also can feel affection, sense your mood, read your emotions and relate, play, form attachments etc just like a cat or dog. The only difference is dogs and cats are usually used for pets.

This type of moral reasoning is bullshit. So you think your life is unvaluable unless someone else takes a liking to ya?? and if they don't, they have a right to kill you? that's moral? LOL.

12. peta9 Registered Senior Member

Swedes eat dogs,cats, and horses. I know that some europeans like to eat horse and some of their own far out stuff. Ever had a horse for a pet? How could they??? I don't see anyone crying for them or making a thread on that! hypocrites.

Well, since we live in hell and people are going to eat what they want it's how they treat the animals and livestock that's important. That's what i disagree with the most, causing suffering and them living thier lives in misery and slaughtering them inhumanely.

But to say one animal's life is worth more than another because you have preference moral is actually immoral. They all have consciousness, feelings and can suffer and do. The ones you call pets and equally the unseen and uncared for that are considered livestock. Humaneness should be applied across the board. It's also healthier for us and makes them happy and thier lives better too.

13. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

The question in the OP was not, "Is it wrong to let dogs die?" It was, "Is it wrong to eat dogs." Americans euthanize dogs, run them down with their cars, and do various things to them that imply the value of a dog life to not be equivalent to the value of a human life. We simply don't eat them. We find the concept revolting. Many Americans feel the same way about horses, and we don't love horses anywhere near as much as we love dogs.
    This thread has gotten too long for me to have read every post, but speaking personally I did not state that a dog's life is "worth more" than the life of a cow or a chicken. Maybe I believe that, maybe I don't, but it's not the point of this thread so I'm not going to talk about it now. I'm just talking about the observation that Americans in general think people who eat dogs are disgusting.

I do believe in humane treatment. If we're going to raise animals as food we should at least not raise them under conditions that we can reasonably suspect cause them great distress.

14. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

So it's humane to fatten 'em up, then kill 'em and eat 'em??

Why? We're just gonna' kill 'em and eat 'em anyway. It's not as if they can decide to poison us for it!

And, Fraggle, I'm bettin' that you're against the death penalty, ain't ya'?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max