Is it wrong to be disgusted by homosexuals?

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by francois, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

I have none. I'm an atheist. My disgust for homosexuals imposing their sexualities on non-homosexuals is natural and based on several bad experiences with homosexuals. It has nothing to do with Leviticus, as I'm sure you would love to think.

Then you would have lost money. That you would so flippantly assume that I would think that homosexuality is not natural or normal speaks volumes about you.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. s0meguy Worship me or suffer eternally Valued Senior Member

It's funny how some heterosexual people in here believe that they should have the right to assume that other people are heterosexual and hit on them, but that a homosexual may not do the same.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

So you're complaining that it's too hard to not make a big scene of things?

"But that's too much work! Waaah!"?

OH!!!

Are we talking about the Eskimoan languages? These languages have eight grammatical genders? I thought you were talking about the culture!

Sorry. Huge misunderstanding. Now it makes a lot more sense.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

See, I thought you were making a distinction between the language and the culture. It's possible for a culture to recognize genders even if the language doesn't. Cultures, such as that predominant in the US, where English is predominantly spoken are an example. Although, I guess it's a poor one as English still has the vestiges of the Indo-European set of grammatical genders. Chinese is a much better example.

Sexual status? Do you mean sexual orientation? If so, then I suppose you mean "autosexuality". I assumed you were talking about the act. I'm not familiar with sexual statuses.

Yes. And that's what Onan did.

Exactly!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. zenbabelfish autonomous hyperreal sophist Registered Senior Member

'Sexual status? Do you mean sexual orientation? If so, then I suppose you mean "autosexuality". I assumed you were talking about the act. I'm not familiar with sexual statuses.'

Actually 'autosexuality' refers to a sexual desire for oneself...if you insist that I refrain from using the word 'onanism' I will use the term 'autoeroticism' instead.
    Interesting topic...so how did 'autosexuality' emerge then? And what does this tell us about homophobic disgust?

8. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

I still don't know what you mean by sexual "status". We seem to be going on different tangents. I'm trying to communicate, but it seems you aren't trying back. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I know what autosexuality is, but apparently it's not the word you want. Tell me what a sexual status is, and maybe I can know what you're talking about.

And again, I don't care if you call it onanism. I was merely asking if you were talking about masturbation. A request to clarify.

9. zenbabelfish autonomous hyperreal sophist Registered Senior Member

This was my original point (above)...and below I outline my position regarding homosexuality as a natural phenomenon...

The above is the statement where I first refer to onanism; and this is the relevant part of your response, below.

No-one apart from me?

Autosexuality is a sexual desire for oneself; autoeroticism is the word I will use to replace onanism.

10. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Apparently, yes.

Fine then. But you still haven't said what a sexual status is.

11. zenbabelfish autonomous hyperreal sophist Registered Senior Member

Usual sexual practice.

12. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

It's not wrong to be disgusted with homosexuality, I find homosexuality disgusting, but I'm not disgusted at homosexuals.

Just because we don't all have sex in the same way, it does not make these people less human. In fact, the only difference might be in the bedroom, so I don't really think it applies to much.

The only rare situations where it might apply, is in odd situations where I might have to compete with a lesbian female for a woman. Or the odd situation where perhaps a gay male might compete with a female for a man. These situations are rare enough so as to not matter a lot to me.

Besides, I have to compete with a lot of single guys on the planet already for women. It's not a big deal to me that I have to compete with lesbians too, although it does make it more difficult on me.

On the other hand, the more gay males we have the easier it is on me. So we should encourage bisexual males to become full homosexuals if we are straight males. Straight females should encourage bisexual females to become lesbian, simply because it's in the best interest of the straights to have more gays, and if bisexuals choose gay (because bisexuals are the only ones who can choose), thats better for me I say, and better for my straight counterpart.

13. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Pretty much.

Especially if the target woman or man is straight. Or gay.

You're not competing with lesbians, because they're trying to get the women who are interested in other women. You couldn't get those women anyway.

I see your train of thought behind persuading bisexual men to only have homosexual relationships, but I don't get why you'd want to do the same with bisexual women. There would be more for you if they were instead persuaded to be straight. Of course, this would make things unduly hard for gay women.

14. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Sam
    Embrace your lesbianism, but then make sure not to hit on straight women.

15. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

Strangely, yes. I've been groped, hit on, and stared at by homosexual men. And I think getting the eye is the worst.

Like this one time I got groped it was by this homosexual whom I know. It was at school. We weren't really friends, per se. But we were on a friendly basis with each other. He is openly gay and I knew he was gay. No problems.

However, one day, I was bending over to get a CD from my bag, and he couldn't resist apparently. He grabbed my ass. And I can completely understand my brother's friend at the bar, who was just completely shocked and stunned and didn't know what to do. I was just shocked and appalled for a good 20 seconds or so. After that, however, I composed myself and calmly told him to never do it again and that if he tried to do it again, I would likely beat the shit out of him. Overall, it was a pretty bad experience. But it wasn't the worst. The worst is getting stared at.

Like this one time I was working. And this homosexual who was buying something was staring at me, giving me the creepiest, depraved smile I've ever seen. Words can't describe how it made me feel. All I can say is that it made me feel really dirty. I felt like I needed to take a shower. I felt like I needed to peel off the first layer of skin cells that were infected by the treacherous photons which bounced off my pure, virgin skin and into this asshole's depraved pupils. Worst experience ever. This happened to me a few weeks ago in the bar. It wasn't quite as bad, but it still made me uncomfortable.

16. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

I have a suggestion.

You have a right not to be hunted down like you're a mere sex object, but at the same time it's a good idea to be considerate of some people's feelings. So, decide what sort of actions are minor, and which are totally out of line. Learn to let go of the minor stuff. I'd say catching someone just staring at you as if you're a hot piece of beef is fairly minor. After all, can you blame them? You probably do the same with a hot girl.

As for the major stuff, work out a three-strikes warning system. For example, a good way to handle your gay friend groping you is thus: The first time, say "I don't like that. Please don't do it again" while looking him in the eye. Don't be mean, and try not to sound murderously mad when you say it. Just calmly say it. He should get the message. If he doesn't, and he gropes you again, then you can say "Do that again and I'll punch you" or something. He can consider himself warned. If he doesn't get it and does it again, then, well... yeah.

How does that sound?

17. zenbabelfish autonomous hyperreal sophist Registered Senior Member

If I said I was a nymphomaniac lesbian stuck in a man's body...would this be disgusting?

18. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Depends on who you talk to. There's a wide range of fetishes out there. Someone just might find it incredibly erotic.

19. zenbabelfish autonomous hyperreal sophist Registered Senior Member

But generally would people of a particular gender find that disgusting?

20. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

They may just perceive it as a joke and laugh accordingly. But I can't speak for all men, or for women.

21. zenbabelfish autonomous hyperreal sophist Registered Senior Member

In the context of the thread: do heterosexual women find lesbians disgusting (or not) for the same reason(s) that heterosexual men might find homosexual men disgusting (or not)?
    The answer to this (if there is one) would suggest whether there is an evolutionary basis to 'disgust' in the circumstances.

22. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

What are the reasons (some) men find homosexuality disgusting, do you think?

23. zenbabelfish autonomous hyperreal sophist Registered Senior Member

I've outlined my reasons in the thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.