is it true that the quran says jesus didnt really die on the cross?

Discussion in 'Comparative Religion' started by akoreamerican, May 22, 2015.

1. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Thanks for the tip. I'll look into this.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. akoreamerican Registered Senior Member

whether or not if jesus actually existed, the writer of quran believes he did. and that god made it look like he died. im surprised there is a religion that believes that god deceives people

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

Ever hear of Loki?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

The way actual Scandinavian people spell his name is Loke.

Pet peeve of mine.

8. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

I'm not an actual Scandinavian, so I use the English spelling when writing in English.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Dr_Toad likes this.
  9. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

Should he be the Trickster or Coyote, the Loki archetype is in every culture. A remnant of a collective conscience, perhaps?

10. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

There's something vaguely Freudian about admitting that you can't always trust your gods.

11. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

A good point. Many try to say that Allah and God are the same deity, but if one says Jesus is part of the trinity and the says not so, then that is a critical disagreement. Do we have a case of serious schizophrenia or is it really dueling deities? At least one or both are not being honest with us. Feels like a showdown is approaching. In the first phase the God-ites tried to exterminate the Allah-rites, and lost, i.e. the crusades, now it is the ISIS led Allah-rites turn to fight back.

Just seems to be a lot of human death throughout for no good reason.

12. akoreamerican Registered Senior Member

I have no problem believing that Jesus is part of the trinity. Its like when you divide water into parts. Each portion is just a part of the whole. Each portion is still 100% water. Read this reply with the word water switched out for god.

13. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

More than vague, I think. Gods are a product of fears and stupidity. Freud was a self-appointed expert on both.

I don't have that problem, since I don't have any gods.

14. akoreamerican Registered Senior Member

many people have come to a conclusion that god exists. are these people all thinking with fear and stupidity?

15. Hipparchia Registered Senior Member

No, I suspect that some are thinking with unfounded hope and ill considered aspiration, but maybe that's just me.

gebobs likes this.
  16. akoreamerican Registered Senior Member

I believe you can come to a conclusion that god exists without any emotions attached. I suspect those people who are so adamantly opposed to this ideal are just trying to troll people that believe god exists, but thats just me.

17. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

Not adamantly opposed. More like mildly amused.

gebobs likes this.
  18. akoreamerican Registered Senior Member

its great that you are mildly amused, its a pleasant feeling. I am mildly happy for you.

19. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

As I recall, there is a sensation that originates from within our temporal lobe that generates feelings/thoughts/sensations that we are in the presence of a "spirit" or that such a thing is out there and we can somehow sense that. I have felt this, though I am a Buddhist by philosophy and an atheist - don't believe in spirits. fMRI's done on people meditating and other people praying show that these activities activate opposite temporal lobes and generate similar but slightly differing sensations and thought patterns. The one tends to make one feel as one with everything - a part of the whole, the other makes one feel as though they were in the presence of something that is all or everything - a god.

I note that ISIL flies the black flag, NOT the crescent moon and star. Orthodox Islam has disowned them, their followers appear to be disaffected and violent individuals drawn from all over the world. I perceive the face of chaos and confusion behind a very well - organized criminal for - profit operation. While they claim to be Sunni, I suspect that is propaganda for the masses. The Rolex said it all.

Dr_Toad likes this.
  20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Maybe. Anyway, that's an argument from popularity. It makes no difference how many people believe something without evidence, it's the evidence that's important.

gebobs likes this.
  21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Many injustices are done in the name of God. Opposing this belief is more than just trolling, it's an important issue.

22. akoreamerican Registered Senior Member

thats good if injustices are being done in the name of god, but what about just people stating that they believe in god on a forum, are they doing injustice to anyone?

23. akoreamerican Registered Senior Member

if you are harassing someone because of their beliefs how are you any different from religious zealots who harass people for non belief?