Is it right for homosexuals to be able to adopt??

should it be?

• Mum and dad?

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Dad and Dad?

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Mum and mum?

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
research stats are missing morality

I do not believe anyone stated that research was the basis of their morals.

Interesting from someone who has questionable normative ethics...

I do not believe anyone stated that research was the basis of their morals.

Interesting from someone who has questionable normative ethics...

everyone's ethics is questionable...and since when is something "normative"? By who's accord?

why is it an assumption that ALL gay couples can do no wrong.......there are some jacked up straight couples who are not fit for a family yes, is there no gay couple out there just as messed up?

Take my word for it. There is less likely a chance homosexual couple would be found to be in error,than a straight couple. Granted, some exist, but with the strict laws that watch over such families, you will find it less in homosexuals... It's instinctive, for instance for gay men to be very caring and protective over their children. So i still hold by what i said. I can't actually speak for any lesbian couples. I've never known any... I've known lesbians, but never couples.

Take my word for it. There is less likely a chance homosexual couple would be found to be in error,than a straight couple. .

you're just saying that because you are homosexual.

Its like one army announcing to the other..."we will defeat you because, take our world for it, we are way stronger than you are"....well "duh!"

No i say it, because there is a natural maternal instinct. You find that very rarely in straight adult men.

Draq, can you answer my question from the previous page?
One of my friends of the family, who is gay in a relationship and has been for nearly 40 years, adopted at kid. Due to the laws at the time, the adoption agency did not know of his sexual orientation or relationship status. As far as they knew, he was a single white male who made a good living. The child (a boy, we'll call him "Jake") was just over 1 year old at the time of adoption. Today that same kid is now a 31 year old man who, like is father, became a well respected, good hearted man. He is one of my closest friends. However UNLIKE his parents, he is a STRAIGHT man, now married with a second child on the way. If you did not know he was from a same-sex family, you would never guess because you can't tell. I've known "Jake" for most of my life back to my childhood and can tell you first hand that his bringing up in a same-sex home had little, if no effect at all on his childhood or adulthood. He's always known that he was attracted to the opposite sex and has always been comfortable with the fact that he has two fathers. There's alot less confusion that one may think.

So for those of you that think that being raised in a same sex home can make a child gay or have issues later on in life, please explain this case and the thousands of others exactly like it.

Mod Hat - Lighten up

Mod Hat - Lighten up

Notes on the following :

Sly1 said:

I would give the child to a loving heterosexual family......they exist ya know.

Draqon said:

research stats are missing morality

so are all the homosexuals

Reiku said:

Draq... please... think about what you are saying, before you say it.

Shichimenshyo said:

Its always nice that you have something to say Draqon, but why dont you try saying something that isnt blatantly insulting to members of this site?

Reiku, Schichimenshyo:

Such responses are inappropriate. In order to be fair, we must allow petty bigots to conduct themselves as hatefully as they see, and with as little official restraint as possible. Recent disputes between the membership and moderators have established that we are expected to give preference and protection to politically-conservative viewpoints. They are a minority here, and feel persecuted by such things as the truth. Of course posts like these by Sly1 and Draqon are repugnant and suggestive of hateful and low character, but at present, while it is acceptable for political conservatives to show hatred toward entire classes of people, it is inappropriate to call it hatred. You might, after all, hurt someone's feelings by pointing out the truth.

In the end, we face a couple of difficult circumstances. Yes, rational thought and decent expression do seem to be too much to ask of folks like Draqon and Sly1; it would appear they are incapable of such conduct. Thus, we must accommodate their diverse ability set, so as not to discriminate against our alternatively-abled neighbors.

As I've noted before,

Use your ignore lists, people. Please? I don't care if you have to think of it in terms of, "At what point would I actually beat up the retarded kid?"

If that's how you have to think of [them], that's fine with me.

Seriously. If they can't help it, they can't help it. One thing people have made clear in recent months is that our conservative members should be handled with kid gloves. We don't throw people overboard for being differently-abled. We must attempt reasonable accommodation of their special needs.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

the issue is that these kids get mocked in school...and get alienated and thus don't focus enough on science and math...most important subjects in school. Added to that these kids might become homosexuals themselves and thus not bear children.

Mod Hat - Lighten up

Notes on the following :

Reiku, Schichimenshyo:

Such responses are inappropriate. In order to be fair, we must allow petty bigots to conduct themselves as hatefully as they see, and with as little official restraint as possible. Recent disputes between the membership and moderators have established that we are expected to give preference and protection to politically-conservative viewpoints. They are a minority here, and feel persecuted by such things as the truth. Of course posts like these by Sly1 and Draqon are repugnant and suggestive of hateful and low character, but at present, while it is acceptable for political conservatives to show hatred toward entire classes of people, it is inappropriate to call it hatred. You might, after all, hurt someone's feelings by pointing out the truth.

In the end, we face a couple of difficult circumstances. Yes, rational thought and decent expression do seem to be too much to ask of folks like Draqon and Sly1; it would appear they are incapable of such conduct. Thus, we must accommodate their diverse ability set, so as not to discriminate against our alternatively-abled neighbors.

As I've noted before,

Use your ignore lists, people. Please? I don't care if you have to think of it in terms of, "At what point would I actually beat up the retarded kid?"

If that's how you have to think of [them], that's fine with me.

Seriously. If they can't help it, they can't help it. One thing people have made clear in recent months is that our conservative members should be handled with kid gloves. We don't throw people overboard for being differently-abled. We must attempt reasonable accommodation of their special needs.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

lol :D

the issue is that these kids get mocked in school...and get alienated and thus don't focus enough on science and math...most important subjects in school. Added to that these kids might become homosexuals themselves and thus not bear children.

But Draq, do you not understand that there is ABSOLUTELY no evidence whatsoever to suggest in ANY way that children raised by homosexuals might become homosexuals???

A homosexual couple is JUST AS LIKELY to have a gay child as a heterosexual couple. Why? Because sexual orientation does not form as a judgement of thier parents. And if you so firmly believe that it does, than explain to me why homosexuality exists elsewhere in the animal kingdom. And explain why I, as a gay man raised by a rather great family, am gay when I am the ONLY person in my entire family that is.

Furthermore, as John L Armstrong once said...

Anyone with mature concept of love knows that what makes love sacred are such things as devotion, fidelity, commitment, and sharing the journey of life with another human being. These are things that don't have anything to do with gender.

Last edited:
petty bigots......hatefully....hateful and low character....alternatively-abled neighbors

So I am now a:

petty bigot

hateful and low character

alternatively-abled neighbor

all because I don't thinks homosexuality is moral

The idea that kids adopted by gay parents will turn out gay is ridiculous.
Still, I think that being a kid of gay parents potentially brings along a lot of uncomfortable situations.

Tiassa

So stupid of me, but its as if you are promoting such behaviour, by saying we need to allow it.

The idea that kids adopted by gay parents will turn out gay is ridiculous.
Still, I think that being a kid of gay parents potentially brings along a lot of uncomfortable situations.

I agree totally. No one ever said that being gay or having gay parents was an easy way out lol. It's not.

Living in fear for your life every single time you walk out of your house, every day of your entire life because you don't know who or when will be the next homophobic person to attack you or even try to kill you is a difficult life to live.

No i say it, because there is a natural maternal instinct. You find that very rarely in straight adult men.

Take my word for it.....you dont what to bring "nature" into homosexuality.......because nothing about homosexuality is natural......they are a doomed phenomena because they cannot reproduce and secure their place in the future.......

homosexuality is a anomoly and I wont get into what causes it........because I dont know......however I know that life on this planet has a way of reproducing itself......homosexuals however do not.....

Back